Introducing... Music Gateway

Moderators: biscuits, tdc2000

Postby lars » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:39 pm

As mentioned previously, we owe a huge thank you to Music Gateway for providing the redesign for UKMIX. The design was long overdue before they came along, and would probably still be 'coming soon' or would be a much more low key affair, if we hadn't decided to partner with them.

So what is Music Gateway anyway? It's a brand new site for musicians, performers, artists, etc. to get together with each other and people in the industry to collaborate on music projects. Well, I'm sure they can explain it better so have a look at the site:

musicgateway.net

This has only just gone live, which is why I've kept quiet about it until now. ;)

Music Gateway are running some pretty awesome competitions for talented people, with big-name prizes; remix competitions (Todd Terry, Kariya, Mount Rushmore & Reach & Spin), live act, vocalist and songwriter. Prizes include a recording session at Abbey Road Studios, Cubase 7, a $15,000 recording package, SoniVox software and an A&R introductions to some of the leading industry people.

musicgateway.net/competitions

Yes, I know not everyone on UKMIX is a budding musician... but maybe you have some friends who are? This is a perfect opportunity to stand out, as the site is so new.

So, Music Gateway has given us two things - the modern look for the new site, and this in turn gave me a kick up the rear to give UKMIX some much needed attention. :) In return, I've agreed to run their adverts alongside Google for a year... and you can play your part too: please tell your friends, post on Facebook & Twitter or sign up yourself. This could make UKMIX the source of much future talent. :D

Enough from me... please check out the site and post your thoughts in here.
lars
Code Slayer

Postby MusicGateway » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:47 am

Hi Everyone @ UKMIX, I'm Jon Skinner CEO & Founder of Music Gateway, we support grass roots music industry together with music professionals & industry people. We connect people worldwide to conduct business and create new exciting music.

If anyone has a question about the service, the music industry in general or any music related business topic, please ask, I'm here to discuss and offer my opinions & advice having been in the industry over 20 years.

Finally, in case anyone makes music themselves or knows others who do, please do help spread the word and check out the 7 different competitions are have just launched, with a total prize fund of $50,000, all free of enter. :)

Regards Jon
MusicGateway
Groupie

Postby JimJim » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:56 am

Looks very sleek :)
When JimJim say YES, nobody can say NO
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby ECE » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:11 am

Sounds cool :)
Probably somebody could also post this topic in the "Artists & Promotion" section so that it can grab the attention of those who rarely post outta there.
ECE
Superstar

Postby charter » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:10 am

Love the new site apart from one thing - the search feature for the Chart Analysis forum doesn't seem to work very well.
When you search for something such as European Charts it brings up a whole lot of others things as well and you have to search more to find what you really want.
Other than that it's great
charter
Groupie

Return to Mad About Music