Wrestling

Postby Wayne » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:55 pm

I will be booing both Cena and Rock from a few thousand miles away! :P

The only vested interest I have in Wrestlemania these days is the legends angles and the Undertaker's streak [which he will never end anyway - but its still fun to watch].
UKMIX's biggest countdown is back - vote NOW to help crown UKMIX's ULTIMATE FEMALE ARTIST!
Wayne
Legend

Postby Shorty » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:46 am

Paul Bearer has passed away :(

It's always such a shock and so sad when a wrestler or a manager suddenly dies. He was only 58 :(
The Empress.
Dean Ambrose is my babe <3
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Wayne » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 am

Yeah, its extremely sad. Around the mid-to-late 80's with the sudden rise of Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, JJ Dillon, Miss Elizabeth, Sensational Sherri, Classie Freddie Blassie [new role as manager] and Paul Bearer + many more, the role of the manager suddenly became as important as the gimmick of the wrestler they were managing. For about 6 or 7 years, the Undertaker needed Paul Bearer to build his character. Such an important figure in wrestling, and another great loss to the industry.

HULK HOGAN: Very sad about Paul Bearer,he was a great person and one of the original boys,he was what made wrestling great much love much respect HH

I highly doubt we'll hear anything from the Undertaker about this as he's extremely private; but I'm sure that as part of his next appearance on Raw, he'll do something in tribute.
UKMIX's biggest countdown is back - vote NOW to help crown UKMIX's ULTIMATE FEMALE ARTIST!
Wayne
Legend

Postby Shorty » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:39 pm

People are saying they should put him into this year's Hall Of Fame as a last minute person.

Paul always said he wanted to go into the HOF when Taker went in, so sad he won't be alive to have that happen :(

There was hopes he'd reunite with Taker (as the last time they were together he turned on him to go with Kane) and be ringside for his match with Punk at Mania. Having Paul Heyman and Paul Bearer at ringside at the same time would have been epic!
The Empress.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Wayne » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:13 am

What wrestling's finest had to say...

Hulk Hogan: "Very sad about Paul Bearer,he was a great person and one of the original boys,he was what made wrestling great much love much respect HH"

Bret Hart: "Goodbye to a good friend, Paul Bearer. Say hi to Owen for me."

Kevin Von Erich: "Percy Pringle was such a funny guy. Everyone loved him."

Triple H: "Rest in peace, Paul Bearer. You will never be forgotten. There will never be another."

Michelle McCool (wife of the Undertaker): "#RIPPaulBearer ....you always made me smile. Great entertainer, even better man! We love you & will forever miss you! God bless..."

Shawn Michaels: "I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of Paul Bearer. Our prayers go out to him and his family. God Bless!!"

Ted DiBiase Sr: "The wrestling world lost a good man today and I lost a good friend. Paul Bearer, rest in peace my friend"

Jeff Jarrett: "Sad, sad news… Percy my friend, I will always cherish our friendship we shared over the years… Since 88? you've always made me smile From the 1st time we shared our love of country music or our love of this business, you always put that "Perciville perspective" on things.. R I P Percy… Love ya my friend…"

Jerry Lawler: "This picture was taken 10 days ago...we lost a dear friend today..you will be missed by many, Paul Bearer. pic.twitter.com/ceLtqapzB0"

Hulk Hogan: "Very sad about Paul Bearer,he was a great person and one of the original boys,he was what made wrestling great much love much respect HH"

William Regal: "Very sorry to hear of the passing of Paul Bearer.My best wishes to his family.A lovely man and my friend.RIP."

Howard Finkel: "Saddened to learn of the passing of Paul Bearer (William Moody). He was a unique, one of a kind individual both in and out of the ring. RIP"

Edge: "Very sad to hear about William Moody/Paul Bearer. Such a sweet man, and my friend. My condolences to his family. I'll miss ya Uncle Paul"

Bully Ray: "R.I.P. Paul Bearer. Thankful I had the opportunity to work with him."

Dusty Rhodes: "R.I.P. Paul , always a Pro. And a real kind man , may your family be strong , and you be with God"

Stephanie McMahon: "#RIPPaulBearer"

Dixie Carter: "Our condolences go out to the many family, friends and fans of William Moody. A great performer in our industry."

Tom Prichard: "RIP Percy. All the good guys are leaving. But I know you're in a better place and seeing a lot of people we love..."

The Honky Tonk Man: "Saddened to hear of my pal Paul Bearer passing away. I was informed a few moments after he silently went. A great fellow has gone"

Kevin Nash: "R.I.P my friend,you will never be replaced.Not to late to add to the HOF"

Tommy Dreamer: "Paul Bearer is 1 of the good guys. Reading everyone's tweets great 2 c how 1 man has touched so many God Bless."

Miz: "Just found out Paul Bearer died tonight. He was always so nice when I talked to him. My thoughts n prayers are w/ his family #RIPPaulBearer"

Taz: "Sad to hear of the passing of William Moody (Paul Bearer). A super guy, always helpful, complimentury & his talents were underrated. RIP"

Kofi Kingston: "Very saddened to hear about the passing of Paul Bearer. What a good dude. Condolences to his family."

Mikey Whipwreck: "Very sad to hear of Paul Bearer's passing. What a sweet and genuinely nice man. My condolences to his family."

Frankie Kazarian: "Man... Very, very sad to hear of the passing of William "Paul Bearer" Moody. What a true class act and all around good human being. RIP."

Wade Barrett: "RIP Paul Bearer. A legendary performer and a very nice chap."

AJ Lee: "#RIPPaulBearer When I first met Paul Bearer I completely marked out & he was kind enough to humor me. So sweet & humble. Such a legend."

Michael McGillicutty: "Sad to hear the loss of Paul Bearer. He was always very friendly to me and very passionate about this business. He will be missed."

Joey Ryan: "RIP William "Paul Bearer" Moody. I feel blessed that I got to work with him at @CWFHollywood. A true gentleman in a business of scoundrels."

Tensai: "RIP Paul. A good man and an asset to this business and locker room. Always brought a smile to people's faces. You'll be missed."

Bill DeMott: "So sad the news about the great Paul Bearer (William), always the gentleman and pro! Thank you for being my friend-you will be missed!"

Sean Waltman: "I'll miss you William Moody. George Jones on the radio & Jack Daniels. His crazy sense of humor.I laughed more to him than just about any1."

Beth Phoenix: "Condolences to the family of Paul Bearer...kind soul who entertained so many for so long. You remain in our prayers always."

Ezekiel Jackson: "#RIPPaulBearer didn't get to spend much time with him but the one day at lunch in Calgary will go in my book if I ever wrote one. #Godspeed"

Ricardo Rodriguez: "Paul Bearer/William Moody, you taught me so much. It truly saddens me to hear about this! I Love You, and I thank you eternally! RIP. You always spoke very highly of me and I can not thank you enough for that! That you! #RIPPaulBearer"

Justin Roberts: "Very sad night. RIP Paul Bearer, a man I grew up watching on tv and was lucky enough to have later on, as a friend."

Ted DiBiase Jr: "Losing one of our own @WWE feels like losing a family member. Thank you for the memories Paul! God Bless #RIPPaulBearer"

Tara: "I am deeply saddened to hear that Paul Bearer has passed away. He will be deeply missed. May he rest In peace"

Shane Helms: "I've never heard one bad thing said about Paul. In this biz, that's extremely rare. It says a lot about the man."

Sean Waltman: "I'm so at a loss right for words right now. I've known him since 1995 & I can't get myself together enough to write anything at the moment."

Michael Cole: "So sad. We lost a great person and a wonderful man today. Rest in peace paul bearer. God bless his family and Godspeed."

D.O.C/Luke Gallows: "RIP Paul Bearer...one of the good ones, you will be truly missed."

Rikishi: "You will be missed by so & I will never forget when we bust a move together my brother #RIPPAULBEARER."

MVP: "The scary man with the strange voice. Rest In Power Paul Bearer..."

Shane Helms: "Saddened to hear about the passing of Wrestling Legend @wweURNiverse Glad I got to see ya one last time just recently Paul. Bless your fam."

Mickie James: "Very sad to hear that Paul Bearer has passed away tonight... My thoughts, prayers, & heart go out to his family, friends & loved ones... RIP"

Some old pictures of the legend...

Wayne
Legend

Postby Wayne » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:01 pm

This tribute video made me tear up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrWoG-MTfwo

Poignant and very sad; the earliest memory I have of Paul is being shit scared of him in a promo video for the 1994 Royal Rumble - where Undertaker is building a casket for Yokozuna. I was only 5 at the time, but man great memories! :(
Wayne
Legend

Postby Shorty » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:26 pm

Dammit, shouldn't have read all those messages from the wrestlers, I'm very close to tears now :(
The Empress.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Wayne » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm

I've had to create a topic on it, as I'm sure there's a few people here that know him from the old school days that no longer follow wrestling, but would probably like to know.

Have you seen the official WWE tribute, Shorty? Its SAD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ymkvV0s2OY :(
Wayne
Legend

Postby bennie26 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:04 am

Me my favorite is The rock and John Cena specially their fight.
bennie26
Groupie

Postby Wayne » Tue May 28, 2013 7:07 pm

I've just watched last night's Raw - how Kane can still put on a 20 minute + match and make it look THAT good is beyond me. He's one of the all-time greats, for sure.

Loved the Bret Hart appreciation night segment - got quite emotional actually; next to Hogan, he's one of the first wrestlers I can remember quite vividly, my first memory that I can still just about recall was watching him beat Yokozuna for the then WWF Championship in the very early 90's. He's very bitter these days, but nobody can deny his place in wrestling history.

A side note, whenever I watch wrestling these days, and my favourite wrestlers come on - incidentally, they are all veterans as the PG era hasn't clicked with me whatsoever - I get quite moved as you can see how much they've changed, and in some ways, I've grew up with them [I used to be VERY fanatical with wrestling, these days I'm more a casual fan of TNA and WWE] so its pretty tough to see the likes of Bret limping [stupid Goldberg injury] and Hogan essentially dragging himself out! :(
Wayne
Legend

Postby Shorty » Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 am

I haven't seen this week's Raw yet :roll: Gotta wait till Friday. But from next week, they're shifting Raw to Wednesday so I'll get to see it faster woohoo :D

At the moment, I'm in absolute LOVE with The Shield!! They are so badass and awesome and sexy ♥ I don't usually like heels but I can make an exception for these guys! Especially Dean Ambrose, that dude is fantastic in the ring and there's something strangely hot about his insanity :lol:

I'm also excited about the possibility of Punk returning at Payback next month :D :D :D People are saying WWE will change the match before the PPV, but I hope they don't :( It'll be Punk vs Chris Jericho which was fab last year!

Also, I just realised I haven't posted in here since I went to Wrestlemania! :o It was hands down the best experience of my whole life! I was 7 rows from ringside, and it was fantastic but some losers a couple of rows in front of us kept ruining it by standing up all the time and holding up their signs and a flag during the matches and blocking our view :-? We kept yelling at them to sit down :lol: At one point, they gave me the finger when I screamed "SIT THE HELL DOWN!" at them lololol :lol:

Mania itself wasn't the greatest received Mania ever, but I loved it cos I was there, the atmosphere was electric and that tops how the actual results turned out IMO. Undertaker's entrance was BADASS, but some asshole in the front row blocked our view of it by holding up his sign THE ENTIRE TIME he was coming out :evil: It's not like anybody could see his stupid sign, it was dark and the cameras were on Taker not the crowd :roll:

I also went to that crazy Raw the night after Mania, the one with the crowd chants and everybody singing Fandango's theme song :lol: It was MUCH crazier then it came off on TV, and the Fandangoing continued after the show was over - people were singing it outside the arena, on the bus back to the train station, at the train station, on the train and in New York after we got off the train LMFAO :lol:

The Hall Of Fame was absolutely fantastic, such a great night full of laughs and stories. I enjoyed every single induction, except Trump's but it was funny when everybody booed him :lol:
The Empress.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Wayne » Wed May 29, 2013 1:12 pm

That Raw was exceptional; the crowd which was almost certainly mostly European really stuck two fingers up to the WWE by booing Cena, Orton, Seamus and cheering Ziggler, Big Show, Wade Barrett and making loads of random but absolutely hysterical chants :lol:

I wish all crowds were like that; even the most recent one on Raw a couple of days ago in Canada was really crap, and Canadian crowds are usually the best in the world.

About The Shield, I really dislike them :lol: But the WWE is doing a great job in portraying them as unstoppable. That being said, sometimes things just do not make sense; for e.g. Big Show can utterly destroy Seamus and Orton but he can't take out three mid-carders such as The Shield even with the help of Kane? Bitch please :lol:
Wayne
Legend

Postby Shorty » Wed May 29, 2013 10:52 pm

I don't know if I'd really class The Shield as midcarders anymore... they've beaten MANY main eventers, including John Cena cleanly. They hold the US and Tag Team Championships, midcard titles, but they're already beyond the midcard IMO.

And the reason Big Show and people can't take out The Shield on their own is cos of their superb teamwork, they're a cohesive unit and when they work together as a three piece, they're practically unstoppable. You never know what direction they'll come from, and they mix their styles together really well (powerhouse, high flyer, mixture of all styles). Even the Undertaker couldn't overcome their three on one onslaught!

And I know about the chants and stuff at that Raw, I was there you know :lol: It actually did get a bit irritating after awhile, especially for people like me who actually wanted to watch the show but couldn't cos people were standing up and chanting too much and ruining it :-? I didn't cheer for Ziggler, Barrett (they only cheered for him cos they were English if you ask me... he got booed loudly at the preshow at Mania lol) or Big Show (they only cheered for him cos he ended that dull Randy vs Sheamus match haha). I think the only faces that actually got cheered at that show were Chris Jericho, Team Hell No and Undertaker LMAO :lol:

I'm glad I was part of that show, but I'm glad the Fandangoing stuff died off after a couple of weeks :lol:

Plus I got on TV at that Raw haha, you can see me at the beginning of the show in the crowd holding up my sign! :lol:
The Empress.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby NothingFails » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Boyfriend is dragging me to a TNA taping tonight, he bought the tickets so no sweat off my back :lol:

So we might be on TV tonight
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Wayne » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:35 pm

NothingFails wrote:Boyfriend is dragging me to a TNA taping tonight, he bought the tickets so no sweat off my back :lol:

OMG - you might get to see HULK HOGAN live! :( so jealous.
Wayne
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:49 am

Wayne wrote:
NothingFails wrote:Boyfriend is dragging me to a TNA taping tonight, he bought the tickets so no sweat off my back :lol:

OMG - you might get to see HULK HOGAN live! :( so jealous.
Yep. I got to see him and even I, a novice when it comes to wrestling was cheering
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:50 am

Ooh cool! I've always wanted to go to a TNA taping but never had a chance! :D

I haven't watched TNA in a couple of months though since it was axed from Sky. A sports channel on free to air TV was supposed to pick it up but nothing's happened so far. I could watch it online, but I'm way too lazy. I'd be skipping half the show probably :oops: :lol:
The Empress.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Shorty » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:41 am

Here's the wrestling topic! I had to go to page 5 to find it :lol:

But OMG how awesome was the end of Raw this week?!

I'd rather have The Shield face the Wyatt Family instead of team up with them. Seeing them get in each other's faces then brawl was AWESOME!!

I love good old fashioned brawls to end Raw!

And it was so nice to not have Triple H & Stephanie hogging all the screen time too :lol: Take more vacations you two :P
The Empress.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Wayne » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:04 am

I also loved the brawl that ended Raw!

I really wanted Big Show to come down and make the save though.

I am LOVING Raw these days - the whole Triple H/Stephanie power angle reminds me of the Corporation in 1999/McMahon-Helmsley regime in 2000 - its brilliant!
Wayne
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:11 am

Too bad Randy Orton is so boring as the "face of the company" though :roll: :lol:

All signs point to Vince coming back to pwn Triple H and Stephanie though, he's been absent from TV since the Raw after Summerslam and half the time it's like they're trying to make everybody forget he exists.
The Empress.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:01 am

Oh yes, totally - its mad to think that Orton hasn't drawn the WWE a dime, and he's paid over $1.5m per year and has been the face of the company on more occasions than I care to count.

-------

Totally O/T - well kinda - but I'm watching old Raw's/Smackdown's from 2000-2001 and just came across this GEM OF AN EPISODE! It was the run up to Wrestlemania 2000, and the main event on that particular Raw shits all over 99% of the PPV matches we get these days. Listen to that crowd! :o Its mad to think how much star power the company used to have - in that one match, there was Big Show, Rock, Triple H, Mick Foley, Vince McMahon...hell even Linda McMahon!
Wayne
Legend

Postby Shorty » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:17 am

I love when people upload full old Raw episodes to YT, cos I didn't watch back then so I can go and watch like it's new :lol:

Randy's been boring for a couple of years now - even a heel turn couldn't freshen him up :-? I care about him even less then I did before LOL. He's on thin ice though, he's on two wellness strikes so if he gets another he's gone, unless they bend the rules for him which they shouldn't :roll:
The Empress.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Wayne » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:31 am

Have you read about some of the rumoured plans for WM, Shorty?!

- Hogan to return to feud with the Real Americans
- Undertaker to feud with Seamus or Sting
- Title unification match - WHC + WWE title
- Big Show retirement match

I LOVE the rumour mill in the run up to RR before it eventually reaches fever pitch at WM! :lol:
Wayne
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:46 am

Wayne wrote:- Title unification match - WHC + WWE title
Bump!

And this match happened at TLC :-? :lol: It was so anticlimactic :roll: Randy Orton is the 'WWE World Heavyweight Champion'. I hate that name, it's so clunky.

I don't care as much about Mania 30 cos I'm not going :lol: I am going to Mania 31 in the Bay Area though, I've decided <3

As long as Punk, John and The Shield get great matches at Mania, I'm happy :D I don't want The Rock, Brock Lesnar or Hulk Hogan (sorry Wayne) to be involved at all.
The Empress.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Wayne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:55 am

Tough luck, its all but been confirmed Hogan will be involved. :lol: :lol: They are making plans as we speak.

Like it or not, history dictates that you NEED a name like Hogan, Austin or Rock at the event.

I mean for God sake, Hogan bult Wrestlemania - it was HIS event for 9 years! - lets not even get into the context of his contributions to the wider industry!

According to the dirtsheets, there's also plans to put the tag titles on the Wyatt Brothers and they, or the Shield, will somehow then be involved with Undertaker at WM.
Wayne
Legend

Return to TV & Film