Lady Gaga :: The "ARTPOP" Era

Moderators: Wayne, kingofskiffle, AutomaticBR, arab, stevyy

Postby sprock93 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 pm

this is for sure the flop of the year...gold in 4-5 weeks or maybe more? :-?
sprock93
Manager

Postby thebigham » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 pm

TiagoRodrigues wrote:If a year ago someone would tell me Gaga was selling as much as Katy or Miley Cyrus i would NOT believe it! :o

Without a successful single this album won't sell more then 600k/700k overall in the USA!
Applause is a hit in the USA.

DWYW is gaining strongly at radio.

This album has hits!
thebigham
Legend

Postby music126 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 pm

arab wrote:I have some theory why opening sales are going to be "low", but won't post it, cause don't wanna be called a troll or something
Please do tell.
music126
Manager

Postby Yoshie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh well. I'm hoping that, like 'Applause', ARTPOP can have some nice longevity.

On the singles front, I'm really happy to see 'Applause' spend a thirteenth week in the top ten on the Hot 100, and 'Do What U Want' climbing back into the top fifty.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby rayjay92 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:36 pm

arab wrote:I have some theory why opening sales are going to be "low", but won't post it, cause don't wanna be called a troll or something
Please post it!

ATRL crashed :lol:
rayjay92
Manager

Postby RollerCoaster » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:37 pm

I am a bit confused. "ArtPop" is by far the worst album of the last 10 years and 260K is bad? Wasn't it obvious that the costumes, the craziness and the acting would bore people someday? It was ok for "The Fame" era and "Born this way" era, would nothing works forever? And to go from abstract music to even more abstract music just doesn't work. It doesn't click anymore. It's so funny that some people compare her with Madonna. There is not the slidest chance that she will ever catch Madonna in any way ever. Madonna is a legend, Gaga has become a regular pop star with the same "weird" concept for every era. The whole "Monsters" thing is old, kids grow up and older people just don't like this kind of music. She hasn't got a very strong voice on the album, can't show her singing skills and the lyrics and melodies go from cheesy to flat. She totally lost her way and this is only the beginning of the end. Can't see any more long music videos, expensive tours or 7 singles in one era. Better land on the planet "Earth" Gaga, on here you sold almost 700K less than last time. :lol:
RollerCoaster
Groupie

Postby zzmyth » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Also... on top of everything. ... the cover aint helping at all TBH
zzmyth
Legend

Postby rayjay92 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:42 pm

RollerCoaster wrote:I am a bit confused. "ArtPop" is by far the worst album of the last 10 years and 260K is bad? Wasn't it obvious that the costumes, the craziness and the acting would bore people someday? It was ok for "The Fame" era and "Born this way" era, would nothing works forever? And to go from abstract music to even more abstract music just doesn't work. It doesn't click anymore. It's so funny that some people compare her with Madonna. There is not the slidest chance that she will ever catch Madonna in any way ever. Madonna is a legend, Gaga has become a regular pop star with the same "weird" concept for every era. The whole "Monsters" thing is old, kids grow up and older people just don't like this kind of music. She hasn't got a very strong voice on the album, can't show her singing skills and the lyrics and melodies go from cheesy to flat. She totally lost her way and this is only the beginning of the end. Can't see any more long music videos, expensive tours or 7 singles in one era. Better land on the planet "Earth" Gaga, on here you sold almost 700K less than last time. :lol:
ARTPOP the worst album of the last ten years? Yeah, you must have listened to like five albums in the last ten years then :lol:
BTW, you can post your opinion here :wink:
Now bye.
rayjay92
Manager

Postby Westen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:43 pm

RollerCoaster wrote:I am a bit confused. "ArtPop" is by far the worst album of the last 10 years
your opinion is NOT a fact!!!
Westen
Manager

Postby LittleZhoez » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:44 pm

Only Gypsy can take the album to platinum status and even given the case I´m not so sure.
LittleZhoez
Groupie

Postby floria » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Speechless.
floria
Cause I'm comin' at you like a dark horse

Postby nakedidea » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:48 pm

I don't mean to be offensive, but you're just a dumb *****n hating troll.
1. ARTPOP is not the worst album in the last 10 years. I can bring out at least 50 CRITICS to say otherwise in terms of "POP" albums.
2. The costumes & craziness doesn't actually bore people. It doesn't take 5 years for that to fade. She's still the top earning female artist and she continues to sell out stadiums. (VMA 2013 performance was the most simple of the night and she has the most views on MTV, how? one word, GAGA)
3. She does have a strong voice on the album, and live as well. You obviously haven't cared to listen to the right tracks or her acoustic versions.
4. You're just a dumb f*cken hating troll.

RollerCoaster wrote:I am a bit confused. "ArtPop" is by far the worst album of the last 10 years and 260K is bad? Wasn't it obvious that the costumes, the craziness and the acting would bore people someday? It was ok for "The Fame" era and "Born this way" era, would nothing works forever? And to go from abstract music to even more abstract music just doesn't work. It doesn't click anymore. It's so funny that some people compare her with Madonna. There is not the slidest chance that she will ever catch Madonna in any way ever. Madonna is a legend, Gaga has become a regular pop star with the same "weird" concept for every era. The whole "Monsters" thing is old, kids grow up and older people just don't like this kind of music. She hasn't got a very strong voice on the album, can't show her singing skills and the lyrics and melodies go from cheesy to flat. She totally lost her way and this is only the beginning of the end. Can't see any more long music videos, expensive tours or 7 singles in one era. Better land on the planet "Earth" Gaga, on here you sold almost 700K less than last time. :lol:
nakedidea
Groupie

Postby toni_pest » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:48 pm

toni_pest
Legend

Postby ginnyfan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Applause is now No11 on Itunes. There's a Voice song at No2 that will fall I guess but it will take some time. :D
BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby adriano » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:50 pm

rayjay92 wrote:
Please post it!

Arab do u think that these predictions are lower on purpose so next Wednesday someone can say gaga made a miracle with higher sales? Do u think billboard on purpose publishes fake predictions?
It can't be true
never knew karma could be so rewarding...
adriano
Manager

Postby AnnDroid » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:56 pm

adriano wrote:
rayjay92 wrote:
Please post it!

Arab do u think that these predictions are lower on purpose so next Wednesday someone can say gaga made a miracle with higher sales? Do u think billboard on purpose publishes fake predictions?
It can't be true
It could happen....

I was thinking about it, some news like this could encourage her most die-hard fans to buy even more copies of the album.
Even if the estimations turn up to be true, it's a good result. This year has been awful for pop female artists.
"What was the name of the song? FART!" - Britney Spears about her Katy Perry co-written track.
AnnDroid
Manager

Postby ginnyfan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:56 pm

^ Well you're free to enjoy your music ''for the masses''. :wink:

Gaga is not changing for anything or anyone. Costumes, theatrics and purpose are not a fag for her, it's what she is and she will continue evolving within this world she created.

ARTPOP as a concept is an amazing path to take after BTW. It's completely different and really puts everything she's done so far on another level.

But that has nothing to do with the charts so I better stop.
Last edited by ginnyfan on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby sniper » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:58 pm

Can we back to the charts please and make predictions for Australia/New Zealand where it competing with Prism for the 6th place on iTunes right now? :lol:
sniper
Superstar

Postby floria » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:58 pm

adriano wrote:
rayjay92 wrote:
Please post it!

It can't be true
Everywhere there is corruption, it's a business, It's all done with money.
I'm not saying that this may be true, but not impossible.
Last edited by floria on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floria

Postby MDNNA » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Eh why would Hits and Billboard both lie about estimates / predictions? Let's not be paranoid :lol: I say close this thread for the rest of the day so tempers can cool down a bit.
MDNNA
Personal Assistant

Postby nympho » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:59 pm

sniper wrote:Can we back to the charts please and make predictions for Australia/New Zealand where it competing with Prism for the 6th place on iTunes right now? :lol:
I just can't believe this user it's not banned yet....

Arab was posting here and he said absolutely nothing to him (or any other of the many many trolls actually)...
nympho
Manager

Postby RollerCoaster » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Jennifer Lopez had albums with the same success back in the day in 1999-2002. "On the 6" sold over 6 million copies, "JLO" in 2001 even over 7 million copies and "This is me..then" sold over 6 million copies. So what is it with this pic of JLO? Gaga will be at the same height in her career with album #10, if she will still make music in 15 years. JLO was much more successful in her first 4 years than Gaga is now. You can't compare a superstar like Jennifer Lopez with a pop star....sorry. :o
RollerCoaster
Groupie

Postby floria » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 pm

sniper wrote:Can we back to the charts please and make predictions for Australia/New Zealand where it competing with Prism for the 6th place on iTunes right now? :lol:
You are so sweet!
floria

Postby nympho » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:02 pm

RollerCoaster wrote:Jennifer Lopez had albums with the same success back in the day in 1999-2002. "On the 6" sold over 6 million copies, "JLO" in 2001 even over 7 million copies and "This is me..then" sold over 6 million copies. So what is it with this pic of JLO? Gaga will be at the same height in her career with album #10, if she will still make music in 15 years. JLO was much more successful in her first 4 years than Gaga is now. You can't compare a superstar like Jennifer Lopez with a pop star....sorry. :o
Seriously, WHO **** CARES?????
nympho
Manager

Postby ginnyfan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:02 pm

Yes, it's really rude and evil to laugh openly and make fun of people who are genuinly upset and sad cause of this. Not to mention how childlish it is. :roll:

We can discuss the charts openly but keep some, basic human integrity while doing it. :wink:
ginnyfan
Superstar

Return to Artist Chart Analysis