Toni Braxton - Pulse

Moderators: UKMusicLova, Benjamin, stevyy

Postby preyan » Wed May 06, 2009 1:48 pm

BanZai wrote:
Loose wrote:I REALLY pray that the album doesn't sound anything like "Libra". Maybe it's because of the sign (Libra is a sign I can't connect with really), but the album indeed fitted the sign's attributes: neutral and harmonious.

I'm gutted that she isn't a Scorpio. Would have made a much more memorable record.
You're not serious right? About the whole signs thing?
:lol:
preyan
Guru

Postby preyan » Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

Trina Johnson-Finn, a Las Vegas entertainer and impersonator, was arrested after she pretended to be Toni Braxton in a concert in Paramaribo, Suriname in South America.

Prosecutors claim Toni Trina attempted to fool the crowd in the concert which took place over two months ago.

However, Trina's husband, Raymond Finn, says she was the victim of a local con artist and "concert promoter" who was responsible for scamming the concertgoers into thinking the realBraxton would be perfoming.

The truth came out once Trina was on stage and she messed up a note at the beginning of the second song. That's when people in the 3,000 large crowd started to boo and began throwing trash at the stage!

Authorities then took Phony Tina and Raymond into custody. They'll have to go to court on May 26th after being charged with defrauding the people who bought tickets. Finn was later released without being charged after two weeks in custody though.

Prosecutor Duncan Nanhoe alleged yesterday that Trina "deliberately presented herself as being Toni Braxton during the concert."

As for the promoter, Angel Ventura of Events for Suriname, he was finally found and arrested on Monday in a local bar. And during an telephone interview from Las Vegas, Raymond claimed Ventura, without Trina's knowledge, was the one who promoted her as the real Braxton.

Finn added, "Trina's been isolated there for two months. She doesn't understand why she's being used as a scapegoat." Adding that he believes she's been arrested "to appease public anger."

Sounds a bit too much to have the poor lady in jail for two months awaiting the court date.
http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-06-will- ... e-stand-up

preyan
Guru

Postby crazycool » Thu May 07, 2009 5:37 pm

^ Read that in the paper today! :o So random.
crazycool
Legend

Postby sat » Wed May 27, 2009 11:28 am

Heyy Toni Braxton's Twitter has been updated to say that she'll have a special recorded message for fans on June 1st on YouTube...hint 1 is that its from outside the United States,,and 2nd an update about her new album comin soon!! :o :o
http://sAtTy87.hi5.com

http://www.myspace.com/satty87

http://satvindersingh87.bebo.com

Check them out!! If u want, add me and/or comment!!!!
sat
Personal Assistant

Postby preyan » Wed May 27, 2009 1:38 pm

I was just thinking about Toni's and Monica's new projects... cant wait!!!
preyan
Guru

Postby Loose » Sat May 30, 2009 11:05 am

preyan wrote:
BanZai wrote:
Loose wrote:I REALLY pray that the album doesn't sound anything like "Libra". Maybe it's because of the sign (Libra is a sign I can't connect with really), but the album indeed fitted the sign's attributes: neutral and harmonious.

I'm gutted that she isn't a Scorpio. Would have made a much more memorable record.
I'm so serious! XD *lol* No, I just associated what Libra has got to do with the sound of the album. And it is kinda unexciting sound I have to say. Libra is one of my least favourite R&B records of the decade. Nothing on it sounds particularly amazing.
Ils m'ont fait métis.
Loose
Legend

Postby MusicandSoul » Sat May 30, 2009 8:07 pm

Loose wrote:
preyan wrote:
BanZai wrote:

I'm so serious! XD *lol* No, I just associated what Libra has got to do with the sound of the album. And it is kinda unexciting sound I have to say. Libra is one of my least favourite R&B records of the decade. Nothing on it sounds particularly amazing.
I do agree, but as a whole the album plays out perfectly!! Its one of my favourite albums of the oo's!!
MusicandSoul
Personal Assistant

Postby boto » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:38 pm

Can someone write tracklisting of the new album?
thanks a lot.
love: lounge, deep house, funky house, progressive, uplifting trance, uk happy hardcore, eurodance
hate: electro, electro house, EDMpop, dubstep, trouse
boto
Manager

Postby sat » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:34 pm

On Toni Braxton's twitter, it's confirmed she has a big surprise in two weeks for the fans..sounds like a NEW single! :P

sat
Personal Assistant

Postby preyan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:34 am

Pulse leaked!!! Song that is!!! Haven't heard it yet but apparently its a ballad... and the type that people expect (so ConcreteLoop says - they have a link on their website!!!)
preyan
Guru

Postby crazycool » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:40 am

preyan wrote:Pulse leaked!!! Song that is!!! Haven't heard it yet but apparently its a ballad... and the type that people expect (so ConcreteLoop says - they have a link on their website!!!)
Yeah it's a ballad, it's not bad - just typical Toni ballad. I'm quite gutted actually, I always wanted Pulse to be some hot club song!
crazycool
Legend

Postby MusicandSoul » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:19 am

Likin the new Toni track.. Nowhere near as good as Not A Chance! Can't wait for Pulse.. Just hope its abit stronger than the tracks that's leaked so far...
Representing the real truth in music....
MusicandSoul
Personal Assistant

Postby feedback » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:24 pm

I have to say this..... :oops:
Once upon a time Toni was like one of my favorite artists out there....But I think she has some serious issues with her self esteem. I dont' know what's going on in her head but she doesn't have healty relationship with her body and her appearance. I mean, she's beautiful woman....Why is she forcing that naked, drag queen look all the time....and she lost the touch with the music ....Libra had some great songs, and she made bad moves with singles... Album floped anyways (this one will too, I don't think she can come back with weak songs like Melt and Puls), she might as well than put a great song out there no MATTER HOW HOW DIFFERENT IT IS and no matter IF IT HAS DOWNLOAD HIT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT OR NOT........
feedback
Personal Assistant

Postby firefly_86 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:19 am

I think Pulse is the only worthwhile track we've heard so far. It sounds like real classic Toni, like it could have come from one of her 90s albums but without sounding outdated.
firefly_86
Manager

Postby Loose » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:41 am

I thought Get Loose was alright.
Ils m'ont fait métis.
Loose
Legend

Postby preyan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Apparently the guying doing Sean Kingstons 2nd single is producing Toni's first single from her new album! OMFG!!!

Apparently he did 2 songs with her: "m.m.h" and "lam"

PS Same guy that did PCD's I Hate This Part!
preyan
Guru

Postby firefly_86 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Don't think anyone posted this but it's from January, and a rather unreliable source (Daily Star):

ALEXANDRA BURKE TROUNCES TONI BRAXTON

AFTER Alexandra Burke’s awesome X Factor win we knew it would only be a matter of time before the singer started making waves across the pond.

But even we didn’t expect the big-voiced beauty to find herself in a handbags-at-dawn diva war so soon.

The down-to-earth London lass is constantly being compared to US megastar Toni Braxton. Now she finds herself doing battle with her.

While Alex’s express train to worldwide domination gathers speed Toni’s comeback plans have been delayed after
producers working on her new album Pulse jumped ship to work with our British girl.

Braxton may have sold 40million records and bagged six Grammys but it seems not even a heavyweight like her can compete with Alex these days.

A Stateside snitch told us: “After taking a few years off Toni is planning a big comeback this year and wanted to get back to the top of the charts.

“She almost had her album finished but she’s lost three of her favourite tracks after they were offered to Alexandra
instead.

“Toni thought she had them in the bag so she’s not happy they’ve now been given to someone she’s never even really heard of.”

We have a sneaky feeling she’ll be even less impressed when Alex scores No.1s all over the world with the tracks that should have been hers.

Miss Burke may be off Miss Braxton’s radar for now but this time next year we reckon even new life on Mars will be jumping on board the Alexandra train.

Word of warning to Beyoncé, Mariah and Leona: Alex has already KO’d one of her own idols so you’d better pray you’re not next on the hit list.
firefly_86
Manager

Postby sat » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:52 pm

There's some snippets of THREE contenders for Toni's official lead single floatin around on the net..the titles are "Hands Tied (ballad)" "Make My Heart" (uptempo) and "Looking Back At Me" (reggae influenced midtempo!) Im trying to stream these, but having no luck, if someone could PM me these snippets, would be very grateful!!

sat
Personal Assistant

Postby jf32 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:25 pm

Not sure if it's official...
Just cos I said it, don't mean that I meant it
jf32
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:26 pm

WOW! :o

I love that pic!
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby pussycatdollns » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Awesome.
Pop music = life
pussycatdollns
Manager

Postby Jark » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Love it but it looks like a fanmade job.
Jark
Superstar

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:54 pm

That picture is so hot! :D
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby crazycool » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:39 pm

UKMusicLova wrote:That picture is so hot! :D
It so is! Hope it's official.
crazycool
Legend

Postby Jark » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 pm

It's Kim Kardashian with Toni's face photoshopped on.
Jark
Superstar

Return to Urban/R&B