The Ultimate Disney Character competition

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby Ahahuha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:33 am

Yes I was a fool and wrote 'votes' instead of 'points' in the first bunch so then I had to continue this way. But those are points from your rankings. Your #1 got 25 points (votes), your #2 got 24 etc. :D
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Ahahuha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:10 am

Next bunch : 11 to 19 points

64. Scrooge McDuck (11 points)

63. Shere Khan [The Jungle Book] (11 points)

62. Boo [Monsters Inc] (13 points)

61. Russell [Up] (13 points)

60. The White Rabbit [Alice In Wonderland] (14 points)

59. Hades [Hercules] (15 points)

58. Snow White [Snow Shite And The Seven Dwarfs] (15 points)

57. Tinker Bell [Peter Pan] (16 points)

56. Hercules [Hercules] (17 points)

55. Dumbo [Dumbo] (19 points)

Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Ahahuha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:15 am

Whats interesting in this bunch is that we have 2 of our 4 characters that weren't on the list. Scrooge and Boo. As you may remember, I gave you the opportunity to vote for 1 or two that weren't on the list. But only 3 of you used that. I made a great list, huh? :lol:
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Ahahuha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:24 am

Scrooge was one of the characters that you picked. I didn't want to include Mickey, Donald, Scrooge, Goofy etc but when someone voted for Scrooge, I couldnt discount his vote. Scrooge is a great character, he loves money but so does everybody. Thumbs up for him making it clear.

Shere Khan, I have to admit that when I was a child, you and Ursula were the only two villains that scared me. Shere Khan, the satanic tiger from 'The Jungle Book' built a whole mystery around his name and for no wrong reason, he was the devil!

Boo - Your name is boo darling and Im just Boo-ing at you. I hate the stupid monsters but one of you loves Boo so lets respect that.

Russell - even if I hate late Disney crap, 'Up' is amazing. If only all the new Disney movies were like this. Russell is a great character but I prefer Dug who got zero (!).

The White Rabbit - probably the classiest Disney movie is 'Alice In Wonderland' It still surprises me how much of style and inspiration this movie has given to musicians, directors, actors, fashion designers etc. The White Rabbit is amazing of course and yes, he was in my votes.

Hades - Whats wrong with Hercules is, that even if its a quite old movie, it still looks like it was directed 3 years before which is not the case. Hades didnt manage to make it big in this competition and thats not specific to Hades. The whole movie was a meh-meh according to you - us.

Snow White - classic princess, very classic movie, the first Disney ever, but Im still happy she's gone.

Tinker Bell - I love Peter Pan, I love everything about it except Tinker Bell. I dont get the fuss - movies for her, dolls, books etc. I find her boring and overrated.

Hercules - what a pity for a main hero to finish 56th. Its almost like he is a mock hero. Poor Hercules. And whats even worse is than Philoctetes is higher than him (!!!)

Dumbo is such a cutie, I love the scene when he is playing with his trunk, one of the most beautiful Disney movies.
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Tiger » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:22 am

61. Russell [Up] (13 points)

He's so cute.
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Pompeii » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:47 pm

62. Boo [Monsters Inc] (13 points)

She is the most hilarious thing in the movie! I remember myself laughing so hard.
Pompeii
Legend

Postby MCC4Life » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Scrooge McDuck - LOVE LOVE him! His stories on the comics books are my faves. I remember I used to collect some certain issues for the Family Tree of the Duck family :lol:

Shere Khan - Meh!

Boo - Booooooo for Boo! I only LOVE 2D Disney classics. The newer ones suck. "Princess And The Frog" was a pleasant surprise.

Russell - Next.

The White Rabbit [Alice In Wonderland] - Never been a big fan of his character and "Alice In Wonderland" in general.

Hades - Haha! He owned the movie. Great villain.

Snow White - Undeservingly high. One of the worst Disney princesses.

Tinker Bell - Agree with Ahahuha.

Hercules - Love him! Love the film and him as a character. Hades and Philoctetes stole the show though lol.

Dumbo - Too baby-ish film, too baby-ish character.
If you don't get on the ride, you won't experience the adventure...
MCC4Life
Manager

Postby Ahahuha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Next bunch : 20 to 29 points

54. Flit [Pocahontas] (20 points)

53. Philoctetes [Hercules] (20 points)

52. Carl [Up] (21 points)

51. Nala [The Lion King] (21 points)

50. Belle [Beauty & The Beast] (22 points)

49. Magica De Spell (23 points)

48. Tarzan [Tarzan] (23 points)

47. Mr Potato Head [Toy Story] (27 points)

46. Jiminy Cricket [Pinnochio] (27 points)

Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Ahahuha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Very important that in this bunch we lose the last two characters that you decided to include in the list. That means, that all the remaining characters that are yet to come in the competition were already nominated and they are among the names in the list on the first page.
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Ahahuha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Flit - kind of cute but nothing special

Philoctetes - good hero he is higher than any of the Hercules characters, that an achievement I guess.

Carl - I was very surprised to see that Carl is more popular than Dug and Russell.

Nala - boring to hell. The Lion King is all about Scar, Simba, Mufasa and maybe the hyenes and zira/vitani. nothing more.

Belle - dont like her

Magica - hm okay. next

Tarzan - never a huge fan of Tarzan, but I quite like him. I prefer Mowgli though - if we are talking about jungle boys.

Mr Potato Head - I think that part of his points is after people watched Toy Story 3 in which he regains some fame that he has lost in Toy Story 2.

Jiminy Cricket - classic, very good figure and a good example of a smart disney creation. Too bad I did not find place in my votes for him.
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Ahahuha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Whats also important is that in this bunch we lose the last members of Tarzan, Hercules and Up.

That means that there will be no characters from those movies in the next bunches of the competition.
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Pompeii » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:06 pm

54. Flit [Pocahontas] (20 points)

Seems like I was the only one who voted for him.

51. Nala [The Lion King] (21 points)

She always represented to me much more than just Simba's girlfriend. I find her quite underrated - she sought help when Scar reigned ruthlessly over the Prides, urged Simba to accept his duty as king, and fought in the showdown with his uncle.

50. Belle [Beauty & The Beast] (22 points)

She's nice, but that's pretty much it. Couldn't think of any other character to put on my list.
Pompeii
Legend

Postby MCC4Life » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:59 pm

Flit - How on earth did he make it higher on the countdown than characters like Hades? Kinda funny but forgettable character.

Philoctetes - Awesome and cool.

Carl - Next

Nala - Classy and loveable. I actually agree with everything RudeBoi wrote.

Belle - Meh. She's beautiful and that's it.

Magica - LOOOOVE her! Her stories in the comic books are always the best.

Tarzan - He's cool and all but nothing special.

Mr Potato Head - Next

Jiminy Cricket [Pinnochio] - I loved his part in "Mickey's Christmas Carol" more than his part in "Pinnochio".
If you don't get on the ride, you won't experience the adventure...
MCC4Life
Manager

Postby biscuits » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 am

#50 Belle?! Now that is a shock! A pleasant one though. :D
biscuits
Diva

Postby Ahahuha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:13 am

Next bunch : 30-39 points

45. Esmeralda [The Hunchback Of Notre Dame] (30 points)

44. John Smith [Pocahontas] (30 points)

43. Pongo [101 Dalmatians] (30 points)

42. Tramp [Lady & The Tramp] (30 points)

41. Mad Harrer [Alice In Wonderland] (30 points)

40. Dopey [Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs] (33 points)

39. Flik [A Bug's Life] (34 points)

38. Stitch [Lilo & Stitch] (35 points)

37. Jack-Jack Parr [The Incredibles] (36 points)

36. James P Sullivan [Monsters Inc] (36 points)

35. Baloo [The Jungle Book] (37 points)

34. Jasmine [Aladdin] (37 points)

33. Bagheera [The Jungle Book] (38 points)

Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby biscuits » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 am

Happy that Jasmine has also been eliminated. And even more happy that Pocahontas has ranked higher than most of the princesses.
biscuits
Diva

Postby Ahahuha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:21 am

Esmeralda - very beautiful but I couldnt rank her any higher. I think the potition she took is fair.

John Smith - I used to like him a lot until I got to study his story in my American Literature course in the uni. Since then, I dislike him.

Pongo - there is definitely not a more stupid dog in the disney family than Pongo. He is soooo annoying, look how he is smiling in that picture. I really dislike him, I still dont get his 30 points in this competition.

Tramp - now thats a dog that I like! Very smart and playful, Tramp was far more interesting than the Lady in that movie.

Mad Hatter - Okay I have to admit that I gave 1 or 2 points to him because of Johnny Depp's acting in the recent remake of the movie Alice In Wonderland. But he still is hilarious and unique.

Dopey - definitely one of the most popular dwarfs but not my personal favourite. He is the only dwarf in the list though.

Flik - a bugs life = boring. As I said, recent disney movies suck.

Stitch - it looks like a pokemon or digimon, it really, really sucks.

Jack Jack Parr - whatever. I'm just..

James Sullivan - ..happy to see some of the recent characters leaving us in this part of the competition.

Baloo - I still like him, best disney bear ever. He has a lot of things in common with The Genie though, which has charted higher.

Jasmine is quite high but still lower than the males of the movie - Genie, Aladdin and Jafar which I think is fair. She was superb in the scene when Jafar transformed into a snake though.

Bagheera - just fierce, love him.
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Ahahuha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:23 am

biscuits wrote:Happy that Jasmine has also been eliminated. And even more happy that Pocahontas has ranked higher than most of the princesses.
Actually, there are only 8 female characters left in the competition and only 4 of them are princesses!! :o

The other 3 are evils and the last one is not a leading character at all!!
:o
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Tiger » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:55 pm

52. Carl [Up] (21 points)
48. Tarzan [Tarzan] (23 points)

CARL
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Pompeii » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:11 pm

45. Esmeralda [The Hunchback Of Notre Dame] (30 points)

Esmeralde is one of the most beautiful disney characters ever - on the inside and outside! She's a bit different from the past heroines - a little bit physically stronger and tougher I'd say. And yet, because she herself is an outcast and has been discriminated against, she has the capacity to sympathize and relate to Quasimodo as no one ever has before.

44. John Smith [Pocahontas] (30 points)

He's a cool guy. Besides Quasimodo, he is probably the only male human disney character I felt sympathy for.

43. Pongo [101 Dalmatians] (30 points)

Compared to Tramp, he pretty much sucks. I always liked how he finds the bachelor life boring, takes matters into his own paws and arranges an "introduction" though.

42. Tramp [Lady & The Tramp] (30 points)

He's probably the coolest dog ever.

37. Jack-Jack Parr [The Incredibles] (36 points)

Same as Boo, he's hilarious!

35. Baloo [The Jungle Book] (37 points)

Besides Bagheera, he's my favourite character from The Jungle Book.

33. Bagheera [The Jungle Book] (38 points)

I liked how he was portrayed as a clever, serious and responsible character. Bagheera is also the narrator of the movie's story, isn't he?
Pompeii
Legend

Postby aintnootherfan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

No thumper :(
The Voice!
aintnootherfan
Personal Assistant

Postby Ahahuha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Next bunch : 40 - 49 points

32. Robin Hood [Robin Hood] (40 points)

31. Nemo [Finding Nemo] (42 points)

30. Maleficent [Sleeping Beauty] (44 points)

29. Michael 'Mike' Wazowski [Monsters Inc] (46 points)

Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby Ahahuha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Robin Hood is a great character, great movie too. But its not GREAT. Its just great.

Nemo + Michael wtv - so glad they are eliminated. The less recent disney crap, the better.

Maleficent is the biggest bitch in this competition and the biggest villain ever (she has been voted #1 villain ever at a disney fan site). She caused all those troubles and pain just because she was not invited to the party!!! I mean, hello??
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby hugo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Ahahuha wrote:She caused all those troubles and pain just because she was not invited to the party!!! I mean, hello??
:lol: :lol: :lol:
hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Ahahuha » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:08 am

Next bunch : 50-59 points

28. Quasimodo [The Hunchback Of Notre Dame] (51 points)

27. Meeko [Pocahontas] (55 points)

26. Jafar [Aladdin] (55 points)

25. Fa Mulan [Mulan] (56 points)

24. Mushu [Mulan] (57 points)

23. Alice [Alice In Wonderland] (59 points)

Ahahuha
Cult King

Return to Games