MTV Video Music Awards 2012

Moderators: tdc2000, biscuits

Postby Gagich » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:45 pm

MTV Announces Dates For 2012 VMAs

The VMAs will be on September 9!!! 8-)

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/167285 ... ards.jhtml
Every city, every state, every country you know, all around the globe! L.A. got the people saying La La La La La...
Gagich
Drunk In Love

Postby Ruthymon » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 pm

That's a bit early for MTV to announce, isn't it? :-?
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby Gagich » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Ruthymon wrote:That's a bit early for MTV to announce, isn't it? :-?
Well, MTV always announced the dates for the next VMAs at the end of every year.. :D
Every city, every state, every country you know, all around the globe! L.A. got the people saying La La La La La...
Gagich
Drunk In Love

Postby denise » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:39 pm

These show have lost most of their appeal...........
There's only one Queen
and that's MADONNA.
denise
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:46 pm

why was my post deleted? If you've seen the last few years, it is true that Twilight always sweeps these awards against more deserving films and actors because the Twilight stans rig the votes on this. Not an opinion, actual fact.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Titan3510 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:49 pm

denise wrote:These show have lost most of their appeal...........
+1

NothingFails wrote: If you've seen the last few years, it is true that Twilight always sweeps these awards against more deserving films and actors because the Twilight stans rig the votes on this.
He speaks the truth.
I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
--Katy Perry
Titan3510
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:49 pm

^ I noticed it was deleted!? :lol: People are WAY too sensitive! :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby denise » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:52 pm

NothingFails wrote:why was my post deleted? If you've seen the last few years, it is true that Twilight always sweeps these awards against more deserving films and actors because the Twilight stans rig the votes on this. Not an opinion, actual fact.
8-)
There's only one Queen
and that's MADONNA.
denise
Legend

Postby Gagich » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:13 pm

NothingFails wrote:why was my post deleted? If you've seen the last few years, it is true that Twilight always sweeps these awards against more deserving films and actors because the Twilight stans rig the votes on this. Not an opinion, actual fact.
Your post isn`t deleted. :D It is in the MTV Movie Awards 2012 thread and this is the thread for the VMAs.. :lol:
Gagich
Drunk In Love

Postby Titan3510 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:14 pm

To be honest, it's gotten to the point where I could careless about MTV.

It's just so decadent, lurid and outright ridiculous nowadays.

I'm trying to figure out why? I used to be able to sit down and watch videos, behind-the-scenes vigenettes and interviews for hours...

I mean, I don't mind the occasional comedy or reality show but can there be at least something music related.
I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
--Katy Perry
Titan3510
Superstar

Postby pomporella » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 pm

Titan3510 wrote:I'm trying to figure out why? I used to be able to sit down and watch videos, behind-the-scenes vigenettes and interviews for hours...
Me too. I loved to watch Making The Video..., Industry Insiders, Rise And Rise Of..., MTV Diary and all the specials made for weekend themes. There used to be so many interesting shows that were about music and what's happening behind the scenes. I know I watched entire God_knows_how_long history recap for 20th birthday of MTV :lol:
Back then MTV VMA's made sense :cry:
Crazy In Love [2003], Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) [2008], Schoolin' Life [2011]
Nobody does oh-oh like Beyoncé 8-)
pomporella
Manager

Postby NothingFails » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Gagich wrote:
Your post isn`t deleted. :D It is in the MTV Movie Awards 2012 thread and this is the thread for the VMAs.. :lol:
A big Homer Simpson "doh!!!" for me :lol:
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Dingdong123 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:14 am

I think this is a show that just purely relies on gimmicks and controversies rather than credibility to remian popular and relevant.
Now show me how much better you are! (So much better yeah?!)
Dingdong123
Manager

Postby jpguy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:21 am

I hope they can be what they once were... they're worse and worse every year
::: Burn me with fire Drown me with rain I'm gonna wake up Screaming your name ::: WE REMAIN:::
jpguy
Legend

Postby denise » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:55 am

Gagich wrote:
You're right.... :oops: :lol:
There's only one Queen
and that's MADONNA.
denise
Legend

Postby GetBack » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:45 am

Since when was the MTV VMAs "music" related? :lol: :lol:

It was always about the hottest artists who can deliver the hottest ratings, even back in the day of the Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Cyndi Lauper, that's what the show is about and it has always been that way. This has nothing to do about credibility, honors, and musicianship. It's more of a showcase of pop culture with loads of controversy.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Jonathan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:30 pm

GetBack wrote:Since when was the MTV VMAs "music" related? :lol: :lol:

It was always about the hottest artists who can deliver the hottest ratings, even back in the day of the Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Cyndi Lauper, that's what the show is about and it has always been that way. This has nothing to do about credibility, honors, and musicianship. It's more of a showcase of pop culture with loads of controversy.
But they didn't win the Video of the Year award at their peak.

It had credibility because artists like Neil Young, R.E.M. and Dire Straits won it.
Jonathan
Superstar

Postby pcdm3 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:33 am

Love how many people say "oh, that show is crap" but they will be tuning it :lol:
pcdm3
Manager

Postby jpguy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:44 am

It's so true! Who cares? LOL
denise wrote:These show have lost most of their appeal...........
::: Burn me with fire Drown me with rain I'm gonna wake up Screaming your name ::: WE REMAIN:::
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:35 am

jpguy wrote:I hope they can be what they once were... they're worse and worse every year
Sad but true :(
~ Girls‘ Generation Britney Spears Hyoyeon Kim ~
joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:38 am

pomporella wrote: I loved to watch Making The Video..., Industry Insiders, Rise And Rise Of..., MTV Diary and all the specials made for weekend themes. There used to be so many interesting shows that were about music and what's happening behind the scenes. I know I watched entire God_knows_how_long history recap for 20th birthday of MTV :lol: :cry:
I miss the old MTV shows, and MTV cartoons as well.
:cry:
GetBack
Legend

Postby joel77m77 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:09 am

Dingdong123 wrote:I think this is a show that just purely relies on gimmicks and controversies rather than credibility to remian popular and relevant.
I totally agree and unfortunately most of the artists it supports rely on the very same things as well. I mean I really like any kind of Music Award Show including the VMA's but I've found that they seem to give the awards out to whoever is the most popular artist rather than the artist who has actually produced credible Music/Music Video's.
joel77m77
Superstar

Postby denise » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:02 pm

GetBack wrote:
pomporella wrote: I loved to watch Making The Video..., Industry Insiders, Rise And Rise Of..., MTV Diary and all the specials made for weekend themes. There used to be so many interesting shows that were about music and what's happening behind the scenes. I know I watched entire God_knows_how_long history recap for 20th birthday of MTV :lol: :cry:
I miss the old MTV shows, and MTV cartoons as well.
:cry:
There's only one Queen
and that's MADONNA.
denise
Legend

Postby danbarj » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:39 pm

There's a difference between INcredible and credible. The VMAs were never credible, per say. They always relied on being the anti-establishment, promote what's crazy type of show. And the MAIN focus has always been ratings.

Though, at times, we've seen INcredible performances on the show. So, while it is not credible or even necessary to me, I will tune in because I always find some diamond in the rough!

I'm hoping for the same this year.

OT: The artist is only the star of the videos. Most of these videos are the work of the director and their team with little (though some) input by the artist. And when artists often try to be what they're not, it's usually a disaster (see Gaga)
Living in my NOW!
danbarj
Chief Navy Grio

Postby GetBack » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Was there really a 'credible' awards show? There's always a battle and argument as to who deserves to win, especially with the stans and avid followers of artists, but at the end of the day, a lot still watch these shows! :)
GetBack
Legend

Return to Mad About Music