Forum Music Content
1) I feel there are too many music forums on UKMix
Most of UKMIX revolves around music so I see no problem.
2) I feel that UKMix would benefit from including the following music forums to its current selection:
3) There needs to be clearer instruction as to which genre forums should be used when.
I feel like now most songs should go under generic as they all sound the same with the exception of few.. sometimes it's like not even one specific genre and can be put in more than one. Also country needs it's own section, it's like discrimination IMO.
4)Too much emphasis is placed on which genre forum a topic should go in, It doesn’t really matter so long as the topic can be found.
I guess I agree with this, after it all it's music.
5)I think the procedure for opening a single/album topic is clear and works well.
6)I think the rules regarding opening a single or album topic is too strict and should be as follows:
7)The rules with regards to choosing to post in a General Artist, Single, Sales or Album topic is unclear, I think it should be as follows:
8)It annoys me when people post general artist information in sales topics.
Yes but sometimes it's ambiguous and keeps the thread alive so I'm in between.
9)It annoys me when people post too much sales information in general threads.
Yes but the general threads aren't really that used except for the MC one so doesn't really affect me.
10)It annoys me when people post the same thing across all topics by the same artist.
Doesn't affect me.
11)Topics by my favourite artists quickly disappear down the forum due to so many topics by larger artists, I think this could be resolved by:
having and indie section! or "unappreciated" artists section!!! ASAP please!
12)I think retro dance tracks should be placed in the retro/dance forum
13) I think artists who are no longer current, should have their general artist topics placed in the general artist/retro forum
No cause some (like the Beatles) are still huge and in demand.
Other Area Forum Content
14)I feel there are too many forums on UKMix
I love it actually.. so many things to talk about!
15)I feel UKMix is missing the following forums from it’s list:
16)I think there are too many “Games” or post-count increasing based topics on UKMix
Maybe... but I don't really mind...
17) I would like to see more discussion on UKMix rather than +1 posts, I think this could be resolved by:
"Like" button. Definitely.
18)I think there is too much sexual or flirtatious discussion on UKMix.
There is everywhere you go in the world... no different. But yeah at times it gets inappropriate but usually it's small stuff.
19)I agree that it is annoying when people quote the same image multiple times in one forum.
20)It is annoying when people quote long blocks of text rather than the one piece of information they are wishing to quote.
Yeah makes it harder to read and understand.
21)There are too many polls on UKMix
22)It is annoying when a large image distorts the size of the forum page.
Yes.. if it's large people should just post a link.
23)I am happy that moving images are banned from most areas of the forum.
No... it would make it so much more appealing IMO and fun and more alive.
24)It annoys me when people quote other users without adding additional comment.
To a certain extent. Sometimes it's exactly what you want to say though.
25)It annoys me when people use coloured text
If it's not legible yes, but if it is then I don't mind.
26) I feel there is too much adult language used on UKMix.
There is too much adult language use in this world... I don't really mind it.
27)I feel the Chart Analysis forum is poorly moderated, this could be changed by:
28)I feel the following topics in the chart forums should be made sticky:
29)It is important that all sales information in the CA forums is correct and includes a source.
Yes to some extent.
30) I feel the recent division between the two Chart Analysis forums works well.
I don't like it but it works, yes.
31)I feel there needs to be more moderators in certain forums.
Yes I do.
32) I feel that inactive moderators, or those who don’t have time to give the forum as much attention should be replaced to give others a chance to moderate.
To some extent yes, unless it's temporary busy-ness.
33) I feel there is a good presence of moderators on UKMix.
Kind of. Sometimes I feel like there aren't any and at times I feel there are too much.
34) I am aware of who the moderators are on UKMix.
Not at all.
35) I feel that I can PM a moderator or admin if I have a query on UKMix.
I don't know who they are.
36) I am happy to PM a moderator if I feel I have been personally attacked on UKMix, or notice another member has broken the forum rules.
37) I believe that moderators deal with forum problems quickly and efficiently.
Sometimes, other times no, but mostly yes.
Rule-breaking and bans
38) I believe that moderators are fair and rational when it comes to making decisions about whether to send warnings or ban members who misbehave.
39) I understand the structure in place for when members are to be banned or warned.
40) I feel that moderators explain why a member has been banned so that I understand.
Sometimes. Other times it's too much info that's not saying much or too little of an explanation .
41) I feel someone should only be banned from UKMix permanently when:
Too many people dislike the poster. (I feel like we should (UKMIXERS) have a say to some extent on whether they get banned and what type of ban. I don't know, like a democracy / jury ?
Dealing with trouble and locking of topics
42) I feel a topic should be locked when :
It's a duplicate or only arguing is happening or it's repetitive.
43) I believe it is unfair to lock a topic when:
One person is causing disturbance or when they say "too much of this" cause some were cool ideas.
44) When an argument has broken out in UKMix that becomes irrelevant to the topic, I think this should be dealt with by:
warning the arguers.
45) When an argument has broken out in UKMix that is relevant to the topic, I think it should be dealt with by:
Well people have the right to their opinions and if it's relevant people should let others express how they feel and vise versa. If it gets too intense, warn them of ban-ment.
46) If a topic is getting ugly, I believe it is more helpful for forum members to contact a moderator, rather than try and diffuse the situation themselves.
Stans & Trolls
47) I think stanning behaviour should be dealt with by:
48) I think trolling behaviour should be dealt with by:
49) I think UKMix has a big stan/troll problem (please give examples)
Kinda but mostly I see "healthy" stanning. Nothing to serious but in the Britney threads there are too many trolls...
50) I think negative comments should stay out of artist topics, if people don’t like a song/artist they should keep out of the topic.
Big fat YES!!!!!
51) I feel I have a right to discuss a song/artist I dislike, just as much as the ones I do like.
Only if it's in a general topic, if not stay out cause that's for a place for fans to admire their start haha.
52) There has been a number of occasions recently where a forum members has shown an unhealthy interest in a particular artist, I think this should be dealt with by:
Having one thread dedicated to artists you hate (but it could be interesting and no replying allowed, just people expressing healthy hate to let it out ? )
53) I feel the UKMix forum is out of date
UKMIX itself isn't and never will but the look is old but if it changes nothing to drastic to make it look like those other ones that take ages to load and look like a hot me... maybe new logo. The colors are good though.
54) I feel the following additional features should be implemented to the UKMix forum:
Chat, cause PMing takes forever.
55) I love the simplicity of the site.
To a certain extent yes and I admire that it's not turning to like a social network but sometimes I find it too simple.
56) I feel other areas of the UKMix website could be improved by:
The look. Also new emoticons! Like the heart cause I dislike "<3" and also it gives people the choice to do that or have a heart to express the love cause I can't cause I have OCD with that thing...
57) I feel the forum layout could be better improved by:
Improving the top logo lol and that's it really.
58) I think UKMix would benefit from less moderating, allowing members to freely use the forum as they see fit.
No. This would be anarchy! LOL
59) There is a problem with cliques/bullying on UKMix
Not any that I see.
60) I think the following additional issues need to be addressed on UKMix: