The Saturdays

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, UKMusicLova, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby SOS7 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SOS7
Manager

Postby Spartan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:47 am

:lol: I have no idea what that was meant to be, but it was f*cken hilarious. Rochelle should be an actress in TheSatz split.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Tom92 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:55 am

king_oxymoron wrote:
Tom92 wrote:I actually had a fantastic time seeing them at V Festival. Such good fun :)
Were you front and centre with me? :lol:

So glad you liked!
I was about 20 metres from the front, slightly to the right of the stage :)

It's because they just sang hit after hit after hit, and being in the tent it was a good atmosphere. Its far better than seeing some rock band do twenty songs with a half arsed attitude, and you only know three songs in the set :)
Tom92
Legend

Postby Thriller » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:58 pm

LOOL WTF? And Bulla is played by Heather's boyfriend in EE it seems!
Thriller

Postby king_oxymoron » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:35 am

Someone who was at the Polydor 2012 presentation reports that the new single (or at least a future single) will be called Heart Takes Over.

Well actually they reported it as Hearts Take Over which I think sounds more exciting but people in the know say it's the former.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby SOS7 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:16 pm

The Saturdays land US TV, record deal

The Saturdays have reportedly landed a "big-money" TV deal with E! Entertainment.

The band will feature in their own reality show, which will follow them as they try to crack America after signing with a US record label.

They will fly to America in the coming weeks to finalize the deal and are planning to relocate there after their UK tour has ended.

"This deal is huge for the girls," a source told the Daily Star Sunday. "If it goes well it could transform them from a UK girl band to international stars.

"The series will show the girls trying to crack the States after landing a US record deal - which has already been lined up.

"US showbiz blogger Perez Hilton is expected to feature in the first episode as he champions the band and vows to help them become the next big thing."

Una Healy will reportedly miss part of the show's first season as she'll return to the UK due to her pregnancy. She will be back for season two and has insisted that she is "fully committed" to The Saturdays.

Source
SOS7
Manager

Postby king_oxymoron » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 am

DigitalSpy
The Saturdays will switch on the Christmas lights on Oxford Street this year.

The 'My Heart Takes Over' singers will push the plunger outside Marks & Spencer on November 1, and will also perform their new single live during the event, which will be hosted by Heart's Toby Anstis.

Jace Tyrrell of event organiser New West End Company added: "London's iconic Oxford Street Lights will capture the imagination of the tens of millions of visitors over the Christmas period to the West End, including international shoppers coming from as far as China, Russia, Japan, Brazil and Thailand for a quintessentially British Christmas."

Marks & Spencer's Head of Retail Steve Rowe said: "Turning on the Oxford Street Christmas Lights marks the start of the festive season, and M&S is really proud to be hosting this year's celebrations."

Oxford Street retailers are also offering one lucky entrant the chance to win front row seats as well as VIP after party tickets to the event via their official Facebook page.

The celebration will take place at Marks & Spencer's Marble Arch store at 5pm on November 1.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Spartan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:58 pm

If it wasn't on a night where I have work the next mroning I'd go. Just because I've never seen them been turned on before.
Spartan
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:37 pm

They seemed pretty turned on when they met me.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby king_oxymoron » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Stole this from Popjustice but I love it! Unollie looks perfect! Like a pretty girl in with four ladyboys :lol:
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby irishguy28 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:37 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:They seemed pretty turned on when they met me.
The ladyboys?
irishguy28

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 am

So with the underperformance of the album a lot of people are predicting a Greatest Hits next year to either re-invigorate the brand or drawn a line under the group and it got me thinking how damn solid their tracklisting would be...

1.If This is Love
2.Up
3.Issues
4.Just Can't Get Enough
5.Work
6.Forever is Over
7.Ego
8.Missing You
9.Higher
10.Notorious
11.All Fired Up
12.My Heart Takes Over
13.The Way You Watch Me (?)

Add to that 2 or 3 new tracks and you've got a pretty great album that flows well too.
There's a lot of talk on he net about them being in the same situation as G.A before their Hits collevtion and needing their own "Something Kinda Oooh" to take them to the next level.
It should be very interesting to see what the future holds for team Sats and hopefully they can hold onto their contract despite this little chart set back on a great album.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Spartan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:43 pm

I think that would actually be a pretty decent plan. The single they'd use to release the GH would have to be proper amazeballs though.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Timmy94 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Directly "draw[...] a line under the group" just because one album underperformed/flopped :roll: ?
Timmy94
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Did their tour sell out??
I went to the deset in a helocotper, ive menshened my singel in entervews mawer than twise times. I meen, u jus cant compeet wiv me in turms of promo.
joiPrince_JO
Superstar

Postby Jesper » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Timmy94 wrote:Directly "draw[...] a line under the group" just because one album underperformed/flopped :roll: ?
But why was Headlines released?
I think both the Wordshaker/Headlines era and the On Your Radar era are both messes in their own way, I personally also think a GH could be smart, after a GH they could re-invent themselves and try to reach more succes.

If they go through with the way the last era's have been handled they will not have a bright future, if you ask me.

I love the group, but they could have been bigger for a long time.
Jesper
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:34 am

It's a great idea as it is anyway as it'd give Frankie a time to rest and Una time to spend with her child.

Yes it's a brilliantly solid tracklisting that I could see selling very well if headed up with a great lead single!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Tom92 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:31 pm

So what was actually wrong with Frankie?
Tom92
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:58 pm

She's still not said.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Jesper » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:11 pm

They have a new single :o
Dancing around in our pants to the new @TheSaturdays single. It's a BIG tune, pop people! We CAN'T wait for you to hear it!
https://twitter.com/welovepop/status/173752413205962752

would it be a single of an new album, EP (like headlines) or still from "On Your Radar" ?
Jesper
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:24 pm

It's not expected to be from 'On Your Radar' (unless it's a re-release), it's been called Brand New very often. Mollie and Vanessa have eluded to solos, it's supposedly shot in a retro American diner, Una's bump will be edited out (video already shot), it's out in April, and Vanessa said she was raving to it, so with that tweet too let's assume it's upbeat!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Jesper » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:28 pm

^
thanks, I am excited, hopefully they come back strong!
Jesper
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:25 pm

They give up on their albums so easily. It all seems like a lot of effort for nothing these days.
Thriller

Postby Spartan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Another album? Maybe they need a bit of a rest (also I'm sure Una would like to actually spend time with her child instead of doing promo) and come back in a fresher way.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Star » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:57 pm

They've had some decent singles.

But honestly it's time for Exhibit A + Exhibit B
Star
Sensational

Return to General Artists Discussion