Just back from V Fest, despite thinking the line up was weaker I had the best time, didn't see any acts I didn't like, and lots surpoassed expectation!
Saw 18 acts in all...
18. Charlie Simspon
- The only act who I knew next to no songs by. Still good though!
- Knew more than I thought! High points were great but other points were a tad dull.
- Knew nearly everything in their set, was so surprised! Penny & Me and MMM Bop were ace, and so happy they played Lost Without Each Other.
15. The Script
- Only caught half the set but was great, think his voice has improved!
14. Tinie Tempah
- Another half set, good fun!
13. Kaiser Chiefs
- My favourite acts a couple of years ago, can't put my finger on what made me like it slightly less. Less drunk? Still a great singalong set..
12. Ellie Goulding
- My favourite last year! Still great songs and voice but couldn't hear as well and don't think she suits a bigger stage as much as a smaller one. Great drumming and looked sexy though!
11. Claire Maguire
- For someone I didn't think I knew anything by she was excellent, really liked all the singles, and the new material sounded great with a more uptempo new direction!
- First half was a bit random, barely knew any of the songs he did. Second half was hit heavy but so much so a lot of it was in medleys.. still, an amazing act to see live, just would have done a different setlist.
09. KT Tunstall
- Very energetic upbeat set, she has a great vocal, very third album heavy though - no Hold On or Other Side Of The World! Lucky I like the new stuff but others were clueless!
08. Eliza Doolittle
- One of the surprises! Only saw her to get a good spot for the Saturdays really and I liked her material, her cover (Grenade) and most of all, her voice is SOOO much stronger than you'd expect!
- The other big surprise, I knew pretty much the whole set and thought they were thoroughly entertaining. Not the best singers ever but still pulled it off!
- Probably not as good as the Glastonbury set, it was shorter for a start, and less wacky, but her voice is undeniable, the material is great and she's just a great frontwoman anyway!
- Very very hit heavy set, which was great, had some of the biggest V Fest moments of the weekend (particularly S&M). Great to hear Hard and Man Down in there too, she rocked it out!
04. Arctic Monkeys
- Biggest laugh of the weekend as the biggest group of us were together to watch! The big old singles were the biggest moments but I enjoyed a good singalong to all of it really! Brick by Brick went down surprisingly well!
03. The Wombats
- Just as good as the Glastonbury showing, although no sign of Backfire At The Disco. Massive moshpit broke out near me, terrifying
Loved it again though!
02. The Saturdays
- No surprises here, despite having to pull Missing You for time the girls were personable, I thought their dancing was very in sync and they sang well! Always love seeing them!
01. Bruno Mars
- The obvious standout! His vocals were superb, his moves were great, the general funkiness and swagger of him and the band was on point, it was a tad quiet to begin with but we were the closest for this than anything all weekend - it was absolutely spot on!