Worldwide Best Selling Albums Ever

Moderators: AutomaticBR, kingofskiffle, arab, Wayne

Postby braca » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:33 pm

AyumiH wrote:
braca wrote: I may have missed something but these numbers are based on what exactly? Is this the best sellers list outside US or?
This is best selling albums out side the Us, and it looks like those that only sold over 10 mill.
But where are these numbers coming from? what is the source? is it an accumulation of individual figures for certain countries or what? are these the 15 or so best selling albums ouside the US?
braca
Roadie

Postby johnnyboy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:46 am

I think that list is sales based on certifications only from outside the US.
johnnyboy
Manager

Postby braca » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:46 pm

johnnyboy wrote:I think that list is sales based on certifications only from outside the US.
Thanks for replying Johnnyboy but certifications are rounded of on 1000s or 500's in some cases. These numbers are not rounded off.

No offence intended to anyone but there is just too many references being made to numbers in general without providing a source. And in some case a cut and paste jobs from one thread to the other.
There is an ongoing bombardment of numbers sometimes and these threads grow and grow.
Also If estimated are given then this sould be clearly indicated.
Last edited by braca on Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
braca
Roadie

Postby MJDangerous » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:54 pm

braca wrote:
johnnyboy wrote:I think that list is sales based on certifications only from outside the US.
Thanks for replying Johnnyboy but certifications are rounded of on 1000s or 500's in some cases. These numbers are not rounded off.
In Japan Mario uses Oricon sales which are not rounded.
25 June 2009, the day the Music died
MJDangerous
Legend

Postby braca » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:45 pm

MJDangerous wrote:
braca wrote:
And those are incuded? Unless it is stated what leads to these figures(what are they comprised of) it means very little. it is just 1 of the many numbers outthere.
braca
Roadie

Postby seattleboy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:24 pm

thaly_lover wrote:If you mean by "International" Worldwide, then Michael's album "Thriller" definitely sold more than 17.9 million copies, Infact the album sold more than 104,000,000 copies WW Sales (Since 1982) to date! they said that on the "World Music Awards 2006" and as a total of his albums sales, he sold more than 750,000,000 copies to date "more than anyother Artist in the History!"

You might think that I'm a fan of MJ, but the truth is that I don't even like him, I'm just saying the truth.
The World Music Awards are a bunch of bullshit.

1. Because I e-mailed them and they told me, they get their figures from participating labels and they don't even have anything to make sure those figures are valid. So that means labels can inflate all they want and they'll just believe it. :roll:

2. In 2003, they said Mariah Carey sold 150 million albums (meanwhile the figures they showed on the screen were too low to add up to that) and said she sold more than every artist except for Elvis and The Beatles, which is a joke on it's own. :roll:

3. If Mariah's supposed 150M albums were more than any artist besides The Beatles and Elvis Presley, do you honestly believe Michael Jackson sold 600+ million albums since 2003? LOL.

I hope that retarded award show gets canned.
seattleboy
Manager

Postby AyumiH » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:04 am

seattleboy wrote:
thaly_lover wrote:If you mean by "International" Worldwide, then Michael's album "Thriller" definitely sold more than 17.9 million copies, Infact the album sold more than 104,000,000 copies WW Sales (Since 1982) to date! they said that on the "World Music Awards 2006" and as a total of his albums sales, he sold more than 750,000,000 copies to date "more than anyother Artist in the History!"

You might think that I'm a fan of MJ, but the truth is that I don't even like him, I'm just saying the truth.
The World Music Awards are a bunch of bullshit.

1. Because I e-mailed them and they told me, they get their figures from participating labels and they don't even have anything to make sure those figures are valid. So that means labels can inflate all they want and they'll just believe it. :roll:

2. In 2003, they said Mariah Carey sold 150 million albums (meanwhile the figures they showed on the screen were too low to add up to that) and said she sold more than every artist except for Elvis and The Beatles, which is a joke on it's own. :roll:

3. If Mariah's supposed 150M albums were more than any artist besides The Beatles and Elvis Presley, do you honestly believe Michael Jackson sold 600+ million albums since 2003? LOL.

I hope that retarded award show gets canned.
Are you sure it was 150 mill? I thought it was 100 mill. Either way, i do agree that the show is a joke.
AyumiH
Legend

Postby seattleboy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:24 am

AyumiH wrote:Are you sure it was 150 mill? I thought it was 100 mill. Either way, i do agree that the show is a joke.
She got the award for over 100 million albums, but they said she sold 150 million albums. The figures they showed on the screen for her biggest albums show that, that figure makes no sense.

"With only Elvis Presley and The Beatles surpassing her total record sales" at 1:40 of the video. :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wo_eZk1fWU

If anyone seriously believes this crap, they just want to believe it, because they are fanatics and don't care about the truth.
seattleboy
Manager

Postby MJDangerous » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:31 am

braca wrote:
MJDangerous wrote:
braca wrote:
And those are incuded? Unless it is stated what leads to these figures(what are they comprised of) it means very little. it is just 1 of the many numbers outthere.
Nelson always uses the same way - He adds every known info - Certifications + a few sales if they are "sure" (Oricon, Soundscan if they are higher than certifications, Finland, Music Week sales figures).
25 June 2009, the day the Music died
MJDangerous
Legend

Postby AyumiH » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:48 pm

seattleboy wrote:
AyumiH wrote:Are you sure it was 150 mill? I thought it was 100 mill. Either way, i do agree that the show is a joke.
She got the award for over 100 million albums, but they said she sold 150 million albums. The figures they showed on the screen for her biggest albums show that, that figure makes no sense.

"With only Elvis Presley and The Beatles surpassing her total record sales" at 1:40 of the video. :roll:

If anyone seriously believes this crap, they just want to believe it, because they are fanatics and don't care about the truth.
Didn't they give MJ the best selling artist ever award? They're contradicting themselves! They give out too many "best selling artist ever" awards. I like how they worded Whitney's award, "World's Best Selling Recording Artist of the Era" (though they also did give her World's Best Selling Overall
Recording Artist). That "era" could've been like a month long :roll:
AyumiH
Legend

Postby brunosilva » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:45 am

seattleboy wrote:

Celine also got this award in 2004 for 175 million albums sold and for being the best selling female artist of all time.
Last edited by brunosilva on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
CELINE DION - THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ARTIST OF THE LAST 20 YEARS

www.celinedioncharts.com
brunosilva
Manager

Postby nelson » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:37 am

AyumiH wrote:Didn't they give MJ the best selling artist ever award? They're contradicting themselves! They give out too many "best selling artist ever" awards. I like how they worded Whitney's award, "World's Best Selling Recording Artist of the Era" (though they also did give her World's Best Selling Overall
What about Ayumi?
nelson
Legend

Postby nelson » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:38 am

brunosilva wrote:Celine also got this award in 2004 for 175 million albums sold and for being the best selling female artist of all time.
Do you have the link to youtube or something to watch?
nelson
Legend

Postby seattleboy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:10 am

AyumiH wrote:Didn't they give MJ the best selling artist ever award? They're contradicting themselves! They give out too many "best selling artist ever" awards. I like how they worded Whitney's award, "World's Best Selling Recording Artist of the Era" (though they also did give her World's Best Selling Overall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wlgpoci2yc&mode=related&search=
seattleboy
Manager

Postby brunosilva » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:02 am

nelson wrote:
brunosilva wrote:Celine also got this award in 2004 for 175 million albums sold and for being the best selling female artist of all time.
Do you have the link to youtube or something to watch?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51q4oATyzrc
CELINE DION - THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ARTIST OF THE LAST 20 YEARS

www.celinedioncharts.com
brunosilva
Manager

Postby Alex2006 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:02 am

MJD, do you have figures for Simple Minds and Depeche Mode?

Thx a lot :)
Alex2006
Roadie

Postby nelson » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:41 pm

The Bodyguard (160,000)
Denmark
Date: 9/11/1993
nelson
Legend

Postby Fever » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:02 pm

brunosilva wrote:
seattleboy wrote:

Celine also got this award in 2004 for 175 million albums sold and for being the best selling female artist of all time.
She got the Diamond award in 2004. That honors you for album sales of 100 million or more world wide, and an artist gets one each year.
Fever
Manager

Postby nelson » Tue May 01, 2007 5:20 am

brunosilva wrote:
seattleboy wrote:

Maybe the award was right but the sentence was wrong?
I remember it said "Diamond award" who sold over 100 million albums.
SO Celine and Mariah got them, that's fine.
But the title "best selling" is agruable.
nelson
Legend

Postby nelson » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:05 pm

This is the Taiwanese edition of "The Bodyguard".

Translator said it has sold 600,000 units in Taiwan.
nelson
Legend

Postby nelson » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:37 pm

Music Box has sold 400,000 units in Taiwan in 1994, and 500,000 units in 1995.

Translate

By ultra platinum special edition " Music Box" In this province obtains above 400,000 to sell digital Mariah Carey, is pinching the unprecedented unprecedented record, promotes the first individual christmas special edition in ' 94 years.

This she with long-term cooperation producer Walter Afanasieff (Michael Bolton, NKOTB) once again hand in hand hand in hand, also, because Mariah participates in the manufacture work, in has the deep soul to sing under happy experience's background. The whole piece special edition appears is warm and is amiable.

The whole piece christmas special edition fused the extremely unique soul music wind, no matter and Walter cooperates lively lively " by her; All I Want For Christmas Is You" , " Miss You Most" (At Christmas Time), unfolds the black soul color fully traditional song " Silent Night" , " Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" , integrates the massive combination tones " Jesus Oh What A Wonderful Child" , " Jesus Born On This Day" And so on songs, can not but let the human admire, Mariah the Christmas song the courage which embarks happy by the soul!

LINK

After in 1990 published the first special edition of the same name, then amazed the world with a single brilliant feat by its resounding hiss ši voice, wins the Grammy prize and the entire US music prize
nelson
Legend

Postby Edu » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:30 pm

Barry Manilow: 75 million albums sold (worldwide?)

Edu
Personal Assistant

Postby Star » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:44 pm

Regarding the World Music Awards association - surely they mean Albums + Singles and maybe downloads all totalled together when they say 100 million records sold.. which is believable? I'm sure Michael Jackson has sold a fair few million downloads in the past few years..
Star
Sensational

Postby crazy4bk » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:20 am

in terms of the world music awards, they have no real legitmacy in my book, they have mad some interesting choices the last few years, they claim mariah has sold more then everyone except the beatles and elvis, then they give celine best selling female artist of all time, then the figures about michael, lol, they are reediculous!
crazy4bk
Manager

Postby nelson » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:31 am

"Bad" has sold 1 million in Japan.
nelson
Legend

Return to Chart Analysis