Murray is the real deal

Moderator: king_oxymoron

Postby cidermaster » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:28 am

Andrew Murray who this week beat Rodger Federer in straight sets in the Cincinnati Masters looks the real deal.
I have been following tennis for many years and believe me he is the real deal,he will WIN a grand slam title and be the best British tennis player since the great Fred Perry.
One must remember he is only 19 and is going to get better and better.He has the drive and hunger to get in the top10 by the years end.He will have a great US Open,a tournement he may well win in the not so distant future.
I am going to put my tennis knowledge on the rack and predict he will win Wimbledon twice and US Open twice,also the Australian Open.
So Scotland,indeed Britain are going to have their first tennis superstar since the 1930s.

Cheers Cidermaster.
cidermaster
Legend

Postby RussUK » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:58 am

I tend to agree.

Many have said that Federer was playing very much under par, BUT, it wouldn't be the first time, and even under par he's far better than everyone else in the world.

It was a considerable acheivement, i've been wathcing him for last couple of years, and really wasn't sure if he had it - largely based on his comedy collapse at Wimbledon 2005, he struck me as a petulant Scot with no substance.

But straight sets against the #1 - nuff respect!
RussUK
Groupie

Postby Cal900 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:51 am

Surprised he weren’t injured, o no he won so he was fighting fit :roll:
Cal900
Manager

Postby da_mayhm » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:46 am

you can say that murray is good but when it comes to winning grand slams.. i don't think so..

Federe sure lost the match but murray didnt really win it. And as long as federer is here, murray has no chance in wimbledon.. :lol:
da_mayhm
Groupie

Postby cidermaster » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:13 pm

Well the young Scot is through to the 2nd round of the US Open,early days,but he should make the 2nd week,no problem.
Remember this is a tournement that he can win,in the not so distant future.

Cheers Cidermaster.
cidermaster
Legend

Postby irishguy28 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:52 am

cidermaster wrote: Remember this is a tournement that he can win,in the not so distant future.
I hate the way the British pile expectation on their budding sports stars - as if these poor kids didn't have enough to deal with as well as carrying the hopes and expectations of an entire nation! What is he, 18, 19 max? Back off a bit and give the lad some space - or he really could become the next Tim Nearlyman, I mean Henman.

Henman only had a Hill...now Murray's been given a mountain to climb.

A good weekend to all
irishguy28

Postby cidermaster » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:13 pm

Fair point irishguy28 but Murray has already won a big ranking event,beaten the world no1 and is still only 19,and is getting better than better.
I look at tennis players because they are tennis players,and whether Murray is British or not,he has a great future.
Agreed us Brits got carried away with Henman,but Murray is way way better than Federer was,when he was 19,never mind Henman,when he was 19.
Murray has a determined look about him,you need that look to go on and win Grand Slams.

Cheers Cidermaster.
cidermaster
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:05 am

Andy Murray is safely through to the 3RD round of the US Open destroying A Di Mauro 6-0 6-1 6-1.To be a great player you need to be strong enough to beat lesser players with ease,thus staying in great shape for the tougher clashes that will follow.

Cheers Cidermaster.
cidermaster
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:18 pm

Murray is now into the 4th Round of the USOpen coming back from 2 sets to one down,to win 6-3 3-6 2-6 6-3 6-2.
Murray can win easily,he can win tough,he is the real deal,and just watch him deal.The players he dominates,are nothing more than human cards.

Cheers Cidermaster.
cidermaster
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:44 pm

The great Bjorn Borg recently stated that Andy Murray can be world number one,and i think the 5 times Wimbledon,6 times French Open champion,3 times World Champion knows a thing or 2 about tennis.

Borg stated that Murray has the mental strength and desire to get right to the top of Tennis,and expects him to be a firm fixture in the top 10 next season.

Cheers Cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:55 pm

Not a bad start for Murray,he reached the final of the Quater Open this month,his first outing of the year of course.Yes he lost in the final,but he is in good form for the up and coming Australian Open,and seeded in the top16,this performance gaining that vital advantage.

Cheers Cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:42 pm

Andy Murray won his 1st round match against Spanish player Alberto Martin 6-0 6-0 6-1.That is 1st round of the Australian Open of course.

Cheers Cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend

Postby Cal900 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:22 am

Don’t care, he is Scottish.
Cal900
Manager

Postby cidermaster » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:44 am

Now i know you do not really mean that cal!

Cheers Cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend

Postby Cal900 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:07 pm

cidermaster wrote:Now i know you do not really mean that cal!

Cheers Cidermaster
Im English, he dont care about us.
Cal900
Manager

Postby cidermaster » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:15 pm

But i care about you cal, i love the English,and i am Scots through and through.I am a tennis fan,and Andy Murray is an amazing talent,no matter what country he is from.

For the record my favourite player in the world at present is Nadal,i think he is amazing,a true super superstar.

Cheers Cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:11 pm

Maybe Murray Mints would be more popular than this topic,oh well.

Anyway Andy Murray is safely through to the 3rd round of the Australian Open in straight sets again,beating another Spaniard Fernando Verdasco 7-6 7-5 6-4.

Cheers Cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend

Postby Marius » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:06 pm

If he wins in R3, he'll face Nadal. That game may even get me staying up at nighttime (since it will be on Sun night) to watch...
I want to marry all 3 Serebro chicks
Marius
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:18 am

Even though i am a proud Scot,i want Nadal to win,because he is my favourite current player by some distance.He he also the most exciting player on the planet.

Anyway many people totally forget tennis is an international sport.

Another anyway,potojr you are spot on,Nadal v Murray is well worth waiting up for,has the potential to be a true classic.

Cheers Cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:34 pm

hes throught to the 4th round of the Australian Open Hope he beats nadal but cant see it hapening
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:05 am

Cheers oasisbobo i cannot really loose,Nadal is my favourite player,but if Murray wins the Scottish flag gets more glory,and i will follow the winner of this match all the way in this huge event.

Murray will win more than one grand slam title in his career,i have no doubt about that,Borg thinks that too,so i am in very good company.

However at presant Nadal is the biggest threat to Federer,and i tip the Spanish super superstar to win in 4 battling sets.

Cheers Cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend

Postby kushi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:22 am

LMAO GG Andy Murray! Nadal is gunna pump him! :D Honestly, can't stand Murray.
larces wrote:
toni_pest wrote:
larces wrote:Germany

LA Love: 100 - 106 - OUT
i literally loled when i saw this
Baby Don't Lie: Not Charted :wink:
kushi
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:48 am

Fair enough Kushi but where are your Australian stars for the next decade.In Scotland tennis is a limited sport,i mean more people play Curling!!!!!!

I think of course Tennis means alot more to the Aussies,but i must say the Australian Open is a fantastic event and rightly a true grand slam.

Cheers Cidermaster

PS I think Nadal will win this years Aussie Open and be No 1 by the end of the year.
cidermaster
Legend

Postby cidermaster » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:42 pm

Very well fought from Murray,going down in 5 sets to Nadal.I think Nadal will now go all the way,he is going to be an all time great.

As for Murray in 3 years time he will be the best Brit since Fred Perry.

Cheers Cidermaster
cidermaster
Legend

Postby Marius » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:21 pm

cidermaster wrote:
As for Murray in 3 years time he will be the best Brit since Fred Perry.

Cheers Cidermaster
then, you can't say that's something hard to achieve...
I want to marry all 3 Serebro chicks
Marius
Legend

Return to Sport