Wrestling

Postby cristy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:42 pm

I'm a fan of wrestling I admit.I don't know how many others there are on UKMIX but if you are out there and you watch wrestling come here and talk about it. :wink:
Favorite wrestlers
-from RAW:Shawn Michaels,Jeff Hardy,Triple H.
-from Smackdown:The Undertaker,Rey Mysterio,Batista.
-from ECW:CM Punk.
Anything about wrestling can be discussed here:from pay-per-views to weekly RAW,Smackdown,ECW editions.
Being Literary Pretentious
"...far from the maddening, unpretentious crowd..."
cristy
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:53 pm

Well, I love wrestling and have done for 14 years now. I will be the first to admit it aint a proper sport so before all u knobs come and start knocking it, dont bother :lol:

I'm the type of fan that loves legends lol. I love wrestlers that arent just wrestlers, but entertainers to (for e.g. take the current MVP vs. Ric Flair feud. To me, MVP represents the wrestling and Flair represents the wrestling and entertainment). Anyways, my fave wrestler of all time is probably the biggest star in the history of sports entertainment, Hulk Hogan.

Of the current crop:
Raw: Jeff Hardy, Triple H, Shawn Michaels
Smackdown: Ric Flair, The Undertaker, Finlay, Kane
ECW: dont tend to watch it much but CM Punk has crazy potential

My own thoughts on the worst? The Great Khali, Mark Henry and Big Daddy V are an offence to wrestling

But I love wrestling!!!
Life is a dream for the wise,
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby R_D » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:08 pm

I used to love watching Wrestling, the Attitude era was the best, WWF was sooooooo good but as soon as it turned into WWE is went downhill for me. John Cena really puts me off waatching, The most overated "wrestler" ever lol, the only reason I still knida watch it is because of Undertaker, HBK and Y2J! Although Edge & Randy Orton are excellent aswell.
BRANDY....returning 2012!!
R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001
R_D
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:10 pm

Edge IMO is probably the best heel since Hogan - he's awesome and Undertaker is just incredible, STILL :)
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby R_D » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:13 pm

04wayne wrote:Edge IMO is probably the best heel since Hogan - he's awesome and Undertaker is just incredible, STILL :)
Edge is deffinetly up there with the best Heels, but I also think Jericho was a good heel. And Undertaker has never looked better then he does now.
R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001
R_D
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:15 pm

R_D wrote:
04wayne wrote:Edge IMO is probably the best heel since Hogan - he's awesome and Undertaker is just incredible, STILL :)
Edge is deffinetly up there with the best Heels, but I also think Jericho was a good heel. And Undertaker has never looked better then he does now.
Yeah I definitely agree about the Taker. When a wrestler can make Batista and John Cena look good, they deserve their props :P Undertaker did that.

Jericho is one scary freaking heel! HBK sold his "injuries" so well
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby R_D » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:17 pm

04wayne wrote:
R_D wrote:
Yeah I definitely agree about the Taker. When a wrestler can make Batista and John Cena look good, they deserve their props :P Undertaker did that.

Jericho is one scary freaking heel! HBK sold his "injuries" so well
lol thats what I love bout Jericho! lol And HBK even back in the 90's HBK always sold his injuries the best
R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001
R_D
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Well I do like HBK now more than I did back in the 90's. I mean he was a proper twa* then :P His in ring work was still fantastic but his politics were second only to Hogan. And because of it, I just can't seem to....click with HBK :-?

So whose ur favourite wrestler of all time then, if you have one? Nice to actually talk to someone who likes the WWE on here :)
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby R_D » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:06 pm

04wayne wrote:Well I do like HBK now more than I did back in the 90's. I mean he was a proper twa* then :P His in ring work was still fantastic but his politics were second only to Hogan. And because of it, I just can't seem to....click with HBK :-?

So whose ur favourite wrestler of all time then, if you have one? Nice to actually talk to someone who likes the WWE on here :)
lol i know. I actually prefer HBK back then lol even though he was a d*ck. As for favourite its a cross between either Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Bret Hart, Stone Cold, The Rock or Chris Jericho (i liked Jericho as soon as he debutted in WWF) lol. But i think its probably HBK or Taker, whose yours?
R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001
R_D
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Mine is THE legend of wrestling :lol: Hulk Hogan. I just think the man is awesome. THE single worst wrestler ever in some people's opinions, but there was no one who could work a match and a crowd as good and no one who could get a bigger crowd pop :P The man is pure genius :D

I also like Flair, Hart, Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, and I am impressed with Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase Jr at the moment if I'm honest :)
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby R_D » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:11 pm

04wayne wrote:Mine is THE legend of wrestling :lol: Hulk Hogan. I just think the man is awesome. THE single worst wrestler ever in some people's opinions, but there was no one who could work a match and a crowd as good and no one who could get a bigger crowd pop :P The man is pure genius :D

I also like Flair, Hart, Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, and I am impressed with Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase Jr at the moment if I'm honest :)
I agree with dibiase and rhodes they a good tag team. And yeah Hulk is deffinetly a true Entertainer although for sum reason he's never been a fav for me. I think Kofi Kingston is quite good right now aswell.
R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001
R_D
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Oh yeah Kofi provides much fun. Though he seems to be losing a lot of his....magic in the eyes of the crowds. But hes sooo good to watch. I love to watch Shelton Benjamin and Jeff Hardy too. Jeff is right up there with Rey Mysterio IMO

Kane - WTF at his character ATM! :lol:
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby R_D » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:59 pm

04wayne wrote:Oh yeah Kofi provides much fun. Though he seems to be losing a lot of his....magic in the eyes of the crowds. But hes sooo good to watch. I love to watch Shelton Benjamin and Jeff Hardy too. Jeff is right up there with Rey Mysterio IMO

Kane - WTF at his character ATM! :lol:
Yeah lol @ Kane, they should've never unmasked him, he was sooo good back in the dayz. Shelton deserves a big big push, the man is pure talent.
R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001
R_D
Personal Assistant

Postby Shorty » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:16 am

My kind of topic :D

My favourite all time wrestler is Shawn Michaels. The man is a LEGEND. He's so amazing <3

Current favourite is John Cena. If you don't like him, I don't care :P

Other faves are Undertaker, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Edge (best heel on any of the rosters IMO), Kofi Kingston, Matt & Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, Finlay and Batista.

Favourite diva is Mickie James.

Least fave wrestlers are JBL (fat, boring and an asshole :lol:), Randy Orton (I just hate him) and MVP.

I went to see Smackdown & ECW live in June. It was sooooooo amazing. The main event was Edge vs Batista, but my fave match was Taker & Kane vs Khali & Mark Henry with John Morrison & The Miz vs Finlay & Hornswoggle a close 2nd cos all 4 of them were hilarious.
The Empress.
Dean Ambrose is my babe <3
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Wayne » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:17 pm

*BUMP*

Its still the hottest sports-entertainment entity in the world, a billion $ industry...any wrestling fans out there? I know Shorty, but I don't see him/her post any more :(

I love the business, still, after 15+ years!
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby cristy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:56 pm

I got completely bored of wrestling. :(
Being Literary Pretentious
"...far from the maddening, unpretentious crowd..."
cristy
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Well its definitely lost some of its creative spark but this time of year is exciting! The Royal Rumble is in a couple of weeks :)
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby Wayne » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Well Randy Orton has won the Royal Rumble! I absolutely despise his character! :evil: I hate it!! So he must be doing something right! :P

Wrestlemania is just round the corner! Predictions anyone?

Will Hulk Hogan make his long-awaited return?
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby Wayne » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:48 am

Hulk Hogan could be coming back! :o :D
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby R_D » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:08 pm

I cant wait for the Michaels and Taker match!!! I Want a classic match!! and I hope they give Chris Jericho a good match/opponent.
R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001
R_D
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Jericho will get Hogan or Lawler - hopefully the Hulk! And yeah Taker and Michaels will be one for the ages! AWESOME! :D
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:36 am

Anyone still watch this?! :lol:
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:55 pm

is Hulk Hogan back!!! :o
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:58 pm

oasisbobo wrote:is Hulk Hogan back!!! :o
No! Not to my knowledge?! Why?!?! :o I'd be ecstatic if he did!!!!
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem
Wayne
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:34 pm

oasisbobo wrote:is Hulk Hogan back!!! :o
I highly doubt it :lol: Hogan is way too old to wrestle now, the last time he had a proper wrestling match, it was TERRIBLE :o

I think for him, the occasional appearance like Stone Cold is fine, although Hogan hasn't appeared on a WWE programme since the Raw 15th Anniversary Show in 2007.

And I still watch it, I'm obsessed. I have to watch Raw, ECW and Smackdown tonight cos NZ is slow at getting them :roll:

I just bought my 74th WWE DVD yesterday, I can't stop buying them :o
The Empress.
Dean Ambrose is my babe <3
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Return to TV & Film