Adele

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, UKMusicLova, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby preyan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 am

Per Billboard

Basking in the "surreal" glory of four Grammy nominations, Adele is already working on the follow-up to her debut album, "19."

"There's about three, four songs I really like that will go on the next record," the 20-year-old British singer tells Billboard.com. "I've got another handful that I hate and won't go anywhere near the second record. I'm kind of slowly getting back in the mode of it."

Adele describes the new material as "very different to the first record" and influenced by T-Bone Burnett-produced albums such as the "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack and fellow Grammy nominees Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' "Raising Sand." "Obviously I don't want to write a country record or a bluegrass record or anything like that," Adele notes, "but the melodies, I think they're the best in the world, so I'm gonna try and incorporate a lot of that."

Lyrically she says the new songs have "more depth and subject." Where "19" was "almost a concept album ... about one relationship," the new album is shaping up to be "about a relationship I was quite pleased to get out of rather than feeling a bit deprived of someone's attention. It's more grown up."

Adele plans to start recording after her next U.S. tour, which kicks off Jan. 14 in Somerville, Mass., and finishes Jan. 31 in San Diego. She's already chosen a producer but isn't identifying him yet "just in case it doesn't work out, which would be a bit embarrassing." She plans to record in Malibu, where that producer is based and where she expects she can focus more on the task at hand.

"I think it'll kind of encourage me to work harder on the songs if I'm here," Adele explains, "'cause if I'm at home I'll keep going out with all my mates to the pub and the cinema and go to parties and stuff, whereas (in the U.S.) it's quite limited, the people I know here that I want to hang out with. I think I'll mainly just be working, which is a good thing."

Adele does plan to attend the Grammy ceremony in Los Angeles, where she's nominated in three of four major categories -- record of the year, song of the year and best new artist -- as well as best female pop vocal performance.

She'll soon be choosing her next U.S. single, the follow-up to the Grammy-nominated "Chasing Pavements," which Adele says is between the "19" tracks "Right as Rain" and "Cold Shoulder." She hopes to shoot a video for whichever is chosen before her tour begins.
Inferior people feel the need to correct the little things ;)
preyan
Guru

Postby alxx » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:55 pm

Per Digital Spy:

X Factor evictee Laura White has announced that she may duet with Adele.

White has confirmed that she held talks with the soul singer to work together on a song.

Adele lent her support to White during the ITV competition and complained about her "unfair" ousting.

"I was so excited when I heard what Adele had said because I am one of her biggest fans. She is incredible," Whats On TV quotes White as saying.

"I have spoken to her about it. She wants to do a duet and I really want to do it too, so it is just working out the timing."
Estelle and Adele are reportedly planning on collaborating.

The pair, each nominated for Grammy Awards this year, are keen to record a song together.

Both artists are currently working on their new albums and Estelle has said that working with the 'Chasing Pavements' singer would be "dope".

"I'm really excited to start working on my next album," she told The Sun. "I'm going to go totally left field and surprise a lot of people.

"I'm going to hit it out the ball park with this one. I’m thinking a mix of Coldplay and Marvin Gaye."

Adele is reportedly also planning a duet with former X Factor contestant Laura White
alxx
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:02 pm

LOL Estelle and Adele duetting would be A.may.zinG!!!
I'm glad these 2 made up! I think Adam will especially like this news! :wink:

Adele and Laura will be cool though! Laura was on Blue Peter today saying that she's going to be working with some famous people after the X-factor tour!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Adele really needs to knock out the album quickly while she's still hot. Which is where I think KT Tunstall and Joss Stone went wrong, and where no doubt, Amy MacDonald and Lily Allen will struggle.

Interesting to hear she may be working with Laura White, we know Adele is a massive X Factor fan though!
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:39 pm

Hallelujah for all this news, Carly is quite right! Who was it saying their new album will be Coldplay/Marvin Gaye - I got the impression it was Estelle but either way...

Shane, Lily Allen will not struggle IMO, Amy McDonald isn't in the papers every other day like Lily. I agree with you if you don't keep your public figure up you can struggle but Lily has No problems with that!

And a new Adele record ASAP please :D
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:53 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:Hallelujah for all this news, Carly is quite right! Who was it saying their new album will be Coldplay/Marvin Gaye - I got the impression it was Estelle but either way...

Shane, Lily Allen will not struggle IMO, Amy McDonald isn't in the papers every other day like Lily. I agree with you if you don't keep your public figure up you can struggle but Lily has No problems with that!

And a new Adele record ASAP please :D
As much as I love Lily, she won't sell a fraction of her debut, generally the public don't really like her I think, she falls into that same category as Joss Stone, the public take a dislike to people with this attitude, which is why they went off Jamelia and the same reason people quickly lost interest in Estelle when she started gobbing off about everyone else the minute she had a #1.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby jf32 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:21 pm

Great news, really looking forward to this! If she records it in February then do you think we'll have the album by this time next year? 19 was one of the best albums of the year imo and it will be hard to top, but I'm hopeful that she will after hearing about the 'three or four' songs she likes. Also I'm surprised she's working with Estelle after what she said :-? I'll be interested to see what they come up with. Also she should choose to release Right As Rain, it's fantastic.
jf32
Manager

Postby Blacmajic » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:02 am

Adele is my new muse. I've recently discovered her. I heard her name so much and I've heard her material, but I never put a face with the voice. These young souls are really doing it vocally.
Blacmajic
Groupie

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:06 pm

She's working with Ryan Tedder. But Ryan says that the music is strictly Adele, and not his own style.
“19, that album was so absolutely mind-blowing to me, so simple and beautiful that I don’t want myself as a fan to interfere with her sound.

“Yesterday the song we did was very much Adele – it was 10% Ryan, 90% Adele.”

He says he told the singer: “I don’t want to put you through the Ryan Tedder machine where you end up with a song that sounds as much like Ryan Tedder as it does Adele.”
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby jf32 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:52 pm

:o What an unexpected combination! No idea how it'll sound.
Just cos I said it, don't mean that I meant it
jf32
Manager

Postby RaFanatic » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:52 pm

I really like her songs,cant wait to hear something new :)
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby Thombus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Seeing this thread has meade me revisit '19' - gorgeous album that it is.

Can't wait for the follow up - I hope she really BLOWS on some of the tracks - her voice is sexy and powerful as hell!!

Interesting combo too re: Ryan Tedder - I hope it doesn't sound too 'Ryan Tedderish' though :lol:
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby RoM1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 pm

I officially can't wait!!
RoM1
Personal Assistant

Postby fercho34 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:26 pm

I can't wait. 19 had a lot of great songs.
fercho34
Manager

Postby robert989 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:21 pm

Is there any news about this album maybe a release date?
robert989
Superstar

Postby Dru4life » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:09 am

I Only found out What Adele looked like recently :oops: after all this time! I usually only listen to the radio and her voice sounds like it's got so much soul/Blues in it!

:) I won't lie I've only heard the songs released to radio and I like all of them in particular Home town Glory (even if people say its O.R). I hope there's a stand out song like that on the charts from this new album.

*goes to download the last album*
"I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I’m going under..."
Dru4life
Superstar

Postby riker5589 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:33 am

I love Adele. I hope US radio plays her songs from this album.
Sons of Sylvia's debut album "Revelation", Out Now!
riker5589
Manager

Postby xtofer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:38 pm

Adele Working On Second Album; Rick Rubin At The Helm

British soul belter Adele is working on her second album with legendary American producer Rick Rubin.

Adele broke through in 2008 with her debut album '19'. Although commercially eclipsed by the smooth pop of rival Duffy, the singer found welcoming critical acclaim in the United States.

With her single 'Chasing Pavements' becoming a sleeper hit Stateside, Adele found herself playing larger and larger venues. Word of mouth spread, and soon the singer was being showered in Grammy awards.

Recently packing out the historic Hollywood Bowl stadium, Adele took time off afterwards to work on new material. Hooking up with American producer Rick Rubin - best known for work with The Beastie Boys and Johnny Cash - the singer has been aided by fellow Brit Paul Epworth.

Speaking to BBC 6Music at the BRIT Awards, producer Paul Epworth revealed that he is helping to write material for Adele's new album. "I’ve been working with Adele, just writing, not production," he claimed. "Rick Rubin’s going to be producing her next record."

"It’s been an exciting experience working with someone like her and just writing. Being like, 'Here you go, here’s the song'."

Epworth, of course, is basking in a recent golden run of releases. Producing material from Friendly Fires, Bloc Party and Crystal Castles the studio whizz was eager to point out to BBC 6Music that he is still learning.

"Looking at someone like Jim Abbiss and the work he did with Arctic Monkeys, Ethan Johns and the records he made with Kings of Leon and Paolo Nutini," he said.

"They make records that don’t seem to date so it’s all very well being the vogue producer, but those people are under-rated."

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/adele-wo ... cond-album
xtofer
Legend

Postby fercho34 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:10 am

oooooh i can't wait for this, this should be good. 19 is an amazing album
fercho34
Manager

Postby robert989 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:14 am

Any recent news on this cant wait anymore i am bored from waiting. And did Adele really recorded a duet with Beyonce, cause there were rumors that they are supposed to be together in studio when Beyonce was on tour in London.
robert989
Superstar

Postby Star » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:18 am

Really looking forward to this.
I'd love her to try something slightly folktronica <3
Star
Sensational

Postby mattsky » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:38 am

I can't wait! 19 is such an amazing album!
50 Words For Snow
mattsky
Superstar

Postby robert989 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:22 am

nothing new on this album ???? :-? :(
robert989
Superstar

Postby UKMusicLova » Mon May 31, 2010 10:50 am

Gospel influences on this album folks! :)
British soul singer Adele has been hard at work on her sophomore album all year, and now she’s invited SPIN into her studio to let them know exactly what’s going on with the follow-up to her Grammy-winning debut 19.

Due for release in September/October, Adele has enlisted the legendary Rick Rubin to produce the majority of the album. She’s also spent time writing and recording closely with Jack Peñate, as well as Paul Epworth, who is most noted for his work with Bloc Party and Florence + the Machine.

“[Paul and I] came out with this bluesy, gospel sound which was, without me realizing, exactly the route I wanted to go down,” she explains. “[the songs] are about love. They’re about a shitty relationship… It is about heartbreak and my influences with soul, [but] this one is so gospelly…”

Adele also told SPIN that she’s been very influenced by Alison Krauss for the new album, as well as heavily by country music in general.

“I really got into country [while touring the U.S. with my debut album, 19],” she says. “I think they’re the best songs written, just the emotion and the lyrics, and the way that they sing them.”

News of Adele doing an album that’s influenced by country music and gospel is enough to make me die and go to heaven. I’m sure many would agree that her debut ‘19? was one of the best records of 2008/2009, and the follow-up is shaping up to be just as good, if not better.

You should also know that late last year it was reported that Adele has also worked with Ryan Tedder and Jack White from The White Stripes. Don’t worry though – Ryan promised he wouldn’t ruin her sound.
From TheProphetBlog
Sounds really interesting. I hope she won't follow the likes of Corinne Bailey Rae, Kate Nash, Amy McDonald, Katie Melua etc and have a underperforming album!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Merci » Mon May 31, 2010 11:18 am

Adele save our lost souls!
Merci
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion