We have rewritten the rules users will see on sign-up.
Please take a couple of minutes to read the updated forum rules and etiquette guidelines.
- Personal abuse and harassment will not be tolerated, either on the forums or by private message. We encourage users to report any personal abuse to a moderator.
- Advertising should be posted in the Artists & Promotion forum and nowhere else. We encourage users to report misplaced advertising to a moderator.
- Posting or linking to pornographic or shock images, or sites containing these, is forbidden and will result in an instant ban. As a guideline: if you think it might not be suitable for people viewing at work or school, don't post it. This goes for sexually explicit discussion as well as images.
- One account per person. If a user is found to have a duplicate account for any reason, all accounts will be banned, along with any subsequent sign-ups.
- Racism, homophobia and all other forms of bigotry have no place on UKMIX and will not be tolerated. Again, we encourage users to report any instances to a moderator.
- Causing arguments is not good for anyone. Continuing an argument after being told not to by a moderator is even worse. Repeatedly causing or continuing arguments is likely to result in official warnings and bans.
- File sharing is only allowed under two conditions: firstly, it must be a permanent link, i.e. not Rapidshare or equivalent. Secondly, it must be a free and legal sample. If either of these two criteria are not met, it is not allowed. This is to ensure that UKMIX remains within the law.
- All posts must comply with the laws of the country from which you are accessing the site and those of the UK.
- In the interest of promoting active discussion, please try to avoid single-sentence posts. Quality is always preferable to quantity. Post because you have something to say, not because you have to say something. This particularly includes the seemingly hour-by-hour updates of iTunes chart positions in single discussion topics - please keep that sort of thing in Chart Analysis and not the genre forums.
- Please keep posting of polls to a minimum - while they may occasionally serve a purpose, they are not meant to be used as a substitute for discussion. This includes topics that act as polls, which require nothing more than a one-word answer.
- Although the site is called UKMIX, our user base is international so please try to use a reasonable level of spelling and grammar to make it easier for everyone to understand what you're saying. We understand that nobody is perfect, but that's why spell-check was invented. If you use Firefox - which we recommend - it'll spell-check your post as you're writing it.
- If you feel the need to comment on or disagree with a moderator's decision, please don't bring it up on the forum, instead contact them by private message so that your question can be answered directly and efficiently.
- It's generally preferable to post in an existing topic rather than starting a new one on the same subject. UKMIX, as all forums, has a built-in search function, please use it. Similarly, please don't post the same topic in more than one forum. Duplicates will be deleted.
- Please try to stay on-topic. This particularly applies to derailing discussions with unnecessary comparisons to, and discussion of, other artists. Negative posts about a song or artist in a topic clearly aimed at people who like that particular song or artists will be considered off-topic and, as such, are discouraged.
- Please keep new topics to things that are at least reasonable to call "coming soon". A topic on a new album which contains virtually no information, has no title, no release date etc is not worth posting. There are no prizes on this site for the amount of new topics started, so don't start a topic on a rumour.
- Everybody has opinions and, with that, the right to express them. However, please try to remember that opinions are subjective (that is, not fact) and should be treated as such.
- Backseat moderating is heavily discouraged. If you see a problem post or topic, please don't post in it as this will often make things worse - just report it to a moderator by private message and they will deal with it appropriately.
- Forum signatures and avatars must comply with the general rules and etiquette. Animated avatars are not allowed.
- Animated .gifs are not allowed to be posted on the forum. This is to encourage intelligent discussion on the forum.
- Please don't make entire posts in bold text or colours. It's fine to use these for emphasis, but it's entirely unnecessary to do it all the time.