The Pussycat Dolls

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, Benjamin, stevyy, UKMusicLova

Postby alxx » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:20 pm

A somewhat reliable source has confirmed a third album is in the works. PCD founder Robin Antin posted this on her Twitter account:

robinantinpcd: The Pussycat Dolls r NOT breaking up.... & IF they ever were, u would hear it from ME 1st, NOT GOSSIP...Album #3 on the way!
1 minutes ago from TwitterBerry
alxx
Legend

Postby Belgo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Breaking up would have been such a stupid decision.

They're still scoring hits all over the world, have just finished a really successful tour, ... More than they could achieve solo.

Looking forward to the third album.
Belgo
Manager

Postby IAmWill » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 pm

Well thats nice to hear actually cuz I honestly thought they would!! Im glad they aint although I think for their next album they need to let the others sing some lead wether theyre crap singers or not and get rid of that 'PCD Feat. Nicole' rubbish everyone know she'd be no good with out them really! lol, either way I gotta see em on tour next time cudnt see em this time cuz id already paid for Beyonce & Britney!
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby mahmud » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:40 pm

Album 3 on the way; hmmm guess they've got Nicole 3 months worth of studio time to record the thing. A third of the album will probably be leftovers from 'Her Name Is Nicole' or whatever her second attempt is called.
mahmud
Roadie

Postby IAmWill » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:47 pm

mahmud wrote:Album 3 on the way; hmmm guess they've got Nicole 3 months worth of studio time to record the thing. A third of the album will probably be leftovers from 'Her Name Is Nicole' or whatever her second attempt is called.
Her Name Was Nicole!

I hope they dont rush the album
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby Dennis2910 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:50 pm

oh goooooooooood im so happy now xD
i was always like:'not just romours' but thank god robin confirmed it now wuhuuuu :)
so lookin forward to shared vocals xD
Dennis2910
Manager

Postby alxx » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:50 pm

I think the public's response will make them know better than to do that again. More Painted Windows & Top Of The World please. I also want more urban and raunchier songs. Doll Domination lacked a good slutpop anthem really.
alxx
Legend

Postby Belgo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:51 pm

I'd like to have more shared vocals as well, but Nicole should always remain the lead singer. Maybe more like Destiny's Child 3.0, where Kelly and Michelle got more to sing even though Beyoncé was still the main attraction.
Belgo
Manager

Postby pussycatdollns » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Belgo wrote:I'd like to have more shared vocals as well, but Nicole should always remain the lead singer. Maybe more like Destiny's Child 3.0, where Kelly and Michelle got more to sing even though Beyoncé was still the main attraction.
Thanks for starting this alxx, and I agree Belgo. Shared vocals are what everyone is waiting for. The girls starting leaning toward it with TOTW, PW and the solos. Now they need to come together and show the world what they got.
Pop music = life
pussycatdollns
Manager

Postby IAmWill » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:55 pm

alxx wrote:I think the public's response will make them know better than to do that again. More Painted Windows & Top Of The World please. I also want more urban and raunchier songs. Doll Domination lacked a good slutpop anthem really.
I agree, id love another "Dont Cha" or even a song like Xtinas "Dirrty" they could pull that off! I want another disco song like Hush Hush;Hush Hush though I lvoe that with the insert of I Will Survive!!
Personally my fave track from DD was What You Think About That! Thats shoudlve been the lead IMO
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby nas4life123 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:26 pm

hopefully it comes out next year!
JOJO
nas4life123
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:32 pm

New album! :D :D
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Ska8er » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:49 pm

YES!!!!!!! I just came home and saw this. Best news of the month! I really hope that the other Dolls get more vocals and i honestly think so because Jessica has been going to vocal caching lessons for the past 2-3 months and they are all in L.A. right now(Except Nicole, i think she's somewhere with Lewis).

P.S. Darkchild and Lady Gaga as executive producers and also collabs with Lady Gaga, Britney, Chris Brown and Beyonce please!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Superstar

Postby sbk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:53 pm

Hopefully it won't be as bloated as DD, around 12-14 solid tracks would be wonderful.

And yes, some slut anthems please :(
And some shared vocals. The video version of "When I Grow Up" was a lot better than the original for example. I prefer Nicole + backup singers rather than just Nicole.
sbk
Manager

Postby IAmWill » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:02 pm

Ska8er wrote:YES!!!!!!! I just came home and saw this. Best news of the month! I really hope that the other Dolls get more vocals and i honestly think so because Jessica has been going to vocal caching lessons for the past 2-3 months and they are all in L.A. right now(Except Nicole, i think she's somewhere with Lewis).

P.S. Darkchild and Lady Gaga as executive producers and also collabs with Lady Gaga, Britney, Chris Brown and Beyonce please!
That would be interesting with Beyonce a sexy sassy track would go well for them both, BUT im still waiting for a PCD & Christina Aguilera collaboration. I read about how they were recording one whilst they were on tour with her in 2007 but it was all fake!
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:03 pm

IAmWill wrote:
Ska8er wrote:YES!!!!!!! I just came home and saw this. Best news of the month! I really hope that the other Dolls get more vocals and i honestly think so because Jessica has been going to vocal caching lessons for the past 2-3 months and they are all in L.A. right now(Except Nicole, i think she's somewhere with Lewis).

That would be interesting with Beyonce a sexy sassy track would go well for them both, BUT im still waiting for a PCD & Christina Aguilera collaboration. I read about how they were recording one whilst they were on tour with her in 2007 but it was all fake!
Well they are rumoured to sing on the Burlesque OST so there might be a duet there.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:06 pm

I'd like to see them working with Kanye, Lil' Wayne or BoA.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby IAmWill » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Ska8er wrote:
IAmWill wrote:

Well they are rumoured to sing on the Burlesque OST so there might be a duet there.
:o :o That makes sense too cuz its Robin Antins bro who directing it and theyre the most famous Burlesque troupe of today!! Please be true!! :D

A Katy Perry collb would be good too!!
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby LetMeLoveU » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:14 pm

they are not breakin up... NO!!! i dont need pcd i ONLY want NICOLE :wink:
i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!
LetMeLoveU
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:19 pm

IAmWill wrote:
Ska8er wrote:
IAmWill wrote:

:o :o That makes sense too cuz its Robin Antins bro who directing it and theyre the most famous Burlesque troupe of today!! Please be true!! :D

A Katy Perry collb would be good too!!
I agree but we should stop pushing it! :lol: :lol:

The reason i said Beyonce though is because Nicole said in a recent interview how much she loves her!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Superstar

Postby IAmWill » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:29 pm

^^Yeah she was at Beys concert in LA, although she app looked a hot mess :lol:
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby nas4life123 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:50 pm

an album full of collaberations will be perfect!

they should feature:

beyonce
will.i.am
busta rhymes
lil wayne
kanye west
rihanna
christina aguilara
timbaland
lady gaga
shakira
drake
JOJO
nas4life123
Manager

Postby pussycatdollns » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:59 pm

nas4life123 wrote:an album full of collaberations will be perfect!

they should feature:

beyonce
will.i.am
busta rhymes
lil wayne
kanye west
rihanna
christina aguilara
timbaland
lady gaga
shakira
drake
You basically listed all the top acts out right now. The point is to not have an album relying on features to sell. PCD don't need multiple contributors when they have 3 other girls who barely sing.
Pop music = life
pussycatdollns
Manager

Postby Jesper » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:30 am

pussycatdollns wrote:
nas4life123 wrote:an album full of collaberations will be perfect!

they should feature:

beyonce
will.i.am
busta rhymes
lil wayne
kanye west
rihanna
christina aguilara
timbaland
lady gaga
shakira
drake
You basically listed all the top acts out right now. The point is to not have an album relying on features to sell. PCD don't need multiple contributors when they have 3 other girls who barely sing.
i just think they should go for a pop sound like PCD but with some electro influences and a bit urban, rock and burlesque influences

this abum have to get on the top but i wnat it like pcd so nicole lead and 2 dolls backing vocals and otehr parts like carmit and melody did and you can say they didn't sang much but carmit and melody had big vocals parts in

- Hot Stuff
- Beep
- Bite The Dust
- Tainted Love
- Right Now
- Flirt

and jessica can take over carmit's part and if they do 2 beep songs so all dolls in one song i guess this album can be good but i still don't want it soon lol i love nicole but if they al wanan go 100% for teh group again i would say solo's first aslong nicole still didn't released HNIN we will get solo songs from he ron a album i want them to work on the album like they did on WIGU video mix so all bg vocals and all chorus, the verses nicole and adlibs from melody, some beep kind of songs and some melody/nicole duets and some pianted windows songs and some nicole solo songs like don't cha/buttons etc. so the dolls in bg vocals like they also do in top of the world

and the label must finally understand taht they have to work longer on a album with some good pop producers maybe 1 timbaland song not 4 i love his pcd songs but pcd also have to renew themselves with other kind of producers so they can get a new sound and they need a new look throw away the latex biker look.
and they have to get more performances after the lead single since the other sngles just got 1 to 5 performances on tv etc. and wigu had like 30
Jesper
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:02 am

Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion