The Pussycat Dolls

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, UKMusicLova, Benjamin, stevyy

Postby glamdoll » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Photos of new Dolls at Pre-Grammy party Image

I think they look good together.
glamdoll
Manager

Postby Jesper » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:24 pm

idk, they keep looking like they just have been randomly picked together...it's probably because I have have thoughts by some of them of othe rgroups, videos etc.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Noahh » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:51 pm

They look great! :D

Robin Antin however looks like Jocelyn Wildenstein more and more nowadays... :-?
Noahh
Legend

Postby GetBack » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:59 am

The original dolls are much hotter, sexier and more attractive! :-?

And what happened to Robin Antin's face? :o :o :o
GetBack
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:55 am

GetBack wrote:And what happened to Robin Antin's face? :o :o :o
That is what happened if you invest your earned money in your face instead on a house, car or whatever.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby alxx » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:13 pm

The girl with auburn reddy hair is stunning :o
alxx
Legend

Postby theArmy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 pm

who's that ugly in the red dreess!!?? :o :oops: :oops:

there's no doubt that they will flop, they don't have that X-factor and personalities that Nicole, Ashley or Melody had
Like MJ doctor, they killing me
Propofol, I know they hope I fall
But tell ‘em winning is my motherfuckin’ protocol
theArmy
Legend

Postby alxx » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:59 pm

theArmy wrote:who's that ugly in the red dreess!!?? :o :oops: :oops:

there's no doubt that they will flop, they don't have that X-factor and personalities that Nicole, Ashley or Melody had
We haven't even heard a track or seen a performance yet, and to brush off the talent of Chrystina and Lauren is ridiculous!
alxx
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:14 pm

alxx wrote:
theArmy wrote:who's that ugly in the red dreess!!?? :o :oops: :oops:

We haven't even heard a track or seen a performance yet, and to brush off the talent of Chrystina and Lauren is ridiculous!
I must say I am also not hopeful for this recast

- Almost all bands with new members or every recast of a tv program, end up with less ratings or less sales/charts .

- They have never annouched a new line-up worlwide, some of the comments in this thread already prove that people still think Nicole is with PCD, since some people just found out that she left last year, I think that will also be the case for the general public, which will cause a confused reception for them.

- Girlgroups are not that hot anymore. Whether we talk in the UK about The Saturdays and Sugababes, they either undeperform or look for other things to do. And US also seems more into boy bands with the likes of The Wanted, Big Time Rush and One Direction atm.

- They still have not used the "promo" they had in their benefit, they could have easily released a "new track" as buzz along with the Go Daddy commercial.

I really feel Interscope is not that "helpful" as they were with the original line-up, the fact that they have still not been annouched big is weird. Also all members are pretty much "unknown". I bet if you go ask people if they know Lauren Bennet, they may refer to The Hills (Lauren Conrad) than thinking of Party Rock Anthem. If They want this to succeed they need to take some action, since those "solo" singles also end up in nothing if nobody knows who they are, they can not create buzz with something nobody is interested in or know about.

Robin and Interscope need to get some action behind it
Last edited by Jesper on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Pompeii » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:48 pm

alxx wrote:The girl with auburn reddy hair is stunning :o
Yeah, her and Chrystina look the best.
Pompeii
Legend

Postby glamdoll » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:01 am

Heres behind the scenes photo shoot for their new song READY 4 PEACE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1h6Q_nhNio&feature=player_embedded#!
glamdoll
Manager

Postby Jesper » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 am

I feel like they left of where DD ended with that style, I mean seriously naked with leather jackets, those black outfits are ok, I wish they would get another style, excited for the music though!
Jesper
Legend

Postby alxx » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Yeah the styling is predictable and too overly sexy... I just want them to tone it down like the PCD album cover and Don't Cha video! Bit pissed we didn't get to hear the song and just got an M.I.A. instrumental though.. and I'm also shocked they're preparing artwork for a single when we haven't even got a list of confirmed producers yet! I hope they're not rushing things..
alxx
Legend

Postby Noahh » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 pm

They look good! Can't wait to hear Ready For Peace! :D
Noahh
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:24 pm

I really hope they leak their unreleased songs! I really want to listen to their versions of Away (in which Ashley had a solo) , Calling All Angels, Love Gun and All I Ever Wanted, as long as all the other songs from there we haven't heard!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Superstar

Postby Jesper » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Ska8er wrote:I really hope they leak their unreleased songs! I really want to listen to their versions of Away (in which Ashley had a solo) , Calling All Angels, Love Gun and All I Ever Wanted, as long as all the other songs from there we haven't heard!
How do you know that Ashley had a solo in that, never heard about that before.

Though i also hope we get more unreleased songs by the original line-up, though it is still not sure All I Ever Wanted is even recorded, ASCAP also lists unrecorded songs
Jesper
Legend

Postby glamdoll » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:38 pm

new photo + interview with Robin Antin

Next Pussycat Dolls: Purr-fectly cast.

Robin Antin is at it again. A new Pussycat Dolls recording group is on the way. And these sexy singers have some big stilettos to fill. The girls are replacing the five original members, who had hits with songs such as “Don’t Cha,” “Buttons,” “Stickwitu” and “When I Grow Up,” but have all left the group over the past few years.

Antin, who founded the Pussycat Dolls as a burlesque troupe in 1995, understands their departure. “It’s a platform,” Antin says. “As much as the other girls, especially [former lead singer] Nicole [Scherzinger], were the face of the Pussycat Dolls, I have to let them go and live their dreams so they can find what their destiny is. Now it’s time to do it again.”

So meet the new Dolls. Antin recruited Lauren Bennett from Paradiso Girls, who will share vocals with Girlicious’ Chrystina Sayers. Rounding out the group is former Los Angeles Lakers Girl Vanessa Curry, Paula Van Oppen from So You Think You Can Dance and ex-Dallas Cowboys cheerleader Erica Jenkins.

Antin calls the two-year selection process “Pussycat Dolls boot camp” and adds, “I have five very special, incredibly beautiful and talented girls.”

Bennett, who was featured on LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem” and Cee Lo Green’s “Love Gun” track, has a voice that, Antin says, is a “cross between Aretha Franklin and Adele”— plus, “she can dance. She has such swagger.” Meanwhile, Antin compares Sayers’ “big, belty, pop sound” to that of Rihanna, and says Van Oppen will likely rap on the album, which she expects will be released by the end of the year.

As for the Dolls’ new sound, “My motto is, don’t fix what isn’t broken. The Pussycat Dolls are sexy and gorgeous, and the music is fun and has an urban pop vibe. It’s going to fit the same mold.”

And as if that’s not enough, Antin is teaming up with Nigel Lythgoe and Kim Kardashian, who will work as an executive producer, on a reality show that will follow the launch of the band.

But will a Pussycat Dolls reincarnation work? “When people see the girls in action and hear our music, everyone is going to fall in love with them. People will be blown away. It’s the exact right recipe for the new Pussycat Dolls.”
glamdoll
Manager

Postby Noahh » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:51 pm

So that means that three girls will sing/rap this time around? Sounds good! :D

I'm fine with Lauren being the "lead singer" as long as it's not going to be 1 singer + 4 "back-up dancers" again! :P
Noahh
Legend

Postby glamdoll » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm

yes, Lauren will be the lead, Chrystina will also co-lead, Paula will rap and Vanessa and Erica will probably have some small parts like Jessica,Kimberly and Ashley had.
glamdoll
Manager

Postby Jesper » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:05 pm

rapping and PCD is just a BIG NO for me, I am fine with 2 leadsingers but one of the things I loved about PCD were the high profile collabo's, I hope Paula will not take that factor away.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 am

Chrystina seems to have left, she only tweets about a new team and solo music and tweeted this:
http://www.prlog.org/11848070-chrystina ... music.html

lol, I really wish Robin would give up now,
This recast seems to be one big mess again and another failure for Robin
why doesn't she tries to promote Lauren as solo artist, Lauren has so much potential and this mess is getting bigger and bigger lol.
They ruined the commercial of the superbowl with not using the hype for it, some members released failing solo singles, there is like no hype, they aim for a reality series but it didn't worked for the next dolls series and for Girlicious, so why bother again? This is all a mess, they either release something next month or just scrap it, since it doesn't make sense, it all seems so random, not planned and it seems even the current members try to leave this sinking ship, starting with Chrystina.

I would say to Robin, Now or Never, or just try to expand your lounges and the new Girlicious and get the originals back in like 3 years for a reunion album, greatest hits and tour, since that is the main point, getting the brand moving...the only thing she is moving is my frustration atm.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Jesper
Legend

Postby Pompeii » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:14 pm

A cross between Aretha Franklin and Adele? Really? :lol:
Pompeii
Legend

Postby alxx » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Chrystina was the best thing about this for me :oops:
alxx
Legend

Postby Noahh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I must say that my excitement for the new PCD has dropped a lot now that Chrystina has left. She was one of the new members I was most excited about! :(
Noahh
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion