The Pussycat Dolls

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, UKMusicLova, Benjamin, stevyy

Postby Jesper » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:23 am

More bad news, according to people who knew the Chrystina news for some time and Aria, Lauren is the only member that is 100% part of PCD, in other words, they only have Lauren atm :lol: this mess is getting bigger
Jesper
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:33 am

alxx wrote:Chrystina was the best thing about this for me :oops:
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby JulioPCD1993 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:18 am

Hello Im new :lol:

But back on topic...

This whole recast is the Biggest mess Ive ever seen...

I loved Chrystina, She was the only reason I was Interested in the "Next Gen" Pussycat Dolls. But I thought they would just replace here with I dont know... Lyndriette or someone with that token Black Girl Look.

Now We hear that they have all left... Lauren is the only one still (wanted) there. sow she is like the new Nicole, the star, the main Doll and it obviosly doesnt matter who else is in her Shadow.

Speaking as a Fan... its pretty hard to even stay interested with such Indeseicive people pulling the strings, Catface Mantin doesn't know who she wants in the group And in the past few years (since Mel, Ash, Kim & Jess left) wh have seen a lot of girls Pretending to be the new Pussycat Dolls. For some reason they never stick arond long enough to actually produce a song or be in a video...
Not A Dreamguy, Not Perfection, Never Said I Was From Heaven, But Baby I Could Be The Closest That U Met... ;)
JulioPCD1993
Groupie

Postby Jesper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:56 am

^
Hey fellow Dutchie :lol:
I think the fault Robin makes is hire girls with a career, all those girls can easily find another job if it takes too long, the original dolls beside Nicole and maybe Melody, were all girls that basically already worked for Robin in the lounges, so they were excited to get into the "PCD recordinggroup" adventure.

These news girls have already ambitions before they joined this and want to use it as easy steppingstone, but if it takes too long, they better try it elsewhere.

I still think Robin should have waited longer, just 5 years or longer, to see if the old ones were able to maybe get back, or to train and reform a real recast which the right support and a right team, since Robin as main woman behind a project is not working, she needed other people to guide things like the recordinggroup which was a concept mainly reworked by Ron Fair, she couldn't make something of Girlicious, I doubt if she goes on this way she could from new girls.
Jesper
Legend

Postby JulioPCD1993 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 am

Well Hellow to you too My Fellow Dutchie!

I guess your right, Mantin just isnt good at guiding all this. Girlicious was Hot... but miss-managed.

The Paradiso Girls were awesome... but again miss-managed.

This is how the recast should've been:

Jan 12
Pic of the new PCD

Feb 12:
The commercial with maybe an instrumental of their upcoming single (at least for the full add online)

March 12:
The single photoshoot and maybe a snippet of the song

Apr 12:
The girls appearing on several shows promothing themselves as the next gen of PCD. With a first live performance of Ready 4 Peace of Jimmy Kennel or somtheing (or the Ellen Degerneres show for all I care)

The bottom line is, they should've kept the hype goin, instead they made it seem like THE hottest thing was goin to happen, but then... nothing.

Sow Maybe Lyndriette has another chance at PCD Stardom. But I think she didn't make the cut because her vocals easily overpower Lauren's.

Btw I felt kinda akward for posting this early in the day... but seein a fellow Dutchie replying to that made me feel a lot better :D Guess Im not the only one up this early
Not A Dreamguy, Not Perfection, Never Said I Was From Heaven, But Baby I Could Be The Closest That U Met... ;)
JulioPCD1993
Groupie

Postby Tyzer » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 pm

OMG! Ashley and Melody worked together on a music video by this guy called Bobby Newberry. Steamy video!

http://mad-ice.com/2012/06/14/watch-ash ... hot-video/
Tyzer
Roadie

Postby Pompeii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:01 am

aaliyahman wrote:
alxx wrote:Chrystina was the best thing about this for me :oops:
Pompeii
Legend

Postby theArmy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 pm

lol #mess
Cause if you want to keep me
You gotta gotta gotta gotta....

Love Me Harder
theArmy
Legend

Postby Jesper » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Rumours go around that Chrystina is replaced by her old band member Natalie :lol:

and Robin just released an anticipation pic of their lips, yeah this is how you get buzz Robin, you had a commercial in the Superbowl and did nothing with it but you tease us with lips

:lol: :lol:

Jesper
Legend

Postby Merci » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:43 am

they're not going to happen..
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Dennis2910 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:11 pm

DAMN slayed by their lips!!!!! :o

not .. -.- so disappointed
Dennis2910
Manager

Postby GetBack » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:17 pm

The lips with bigger pics are obviously the only ones singing?!
GetBack
Legend

Postby alxx » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Natalie is an amazing performer but annoying as hell. Plus, what happened to those cocaine possession charges she was up against?

Another 2 of them have also been replaced as well apparently... jesus this is ridiculous.
alxx
Legend

Postby Mylostlenore » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Nicole may have dominated the limelight, but things seem to have gone bad to worse without her.
Mutya Keisha Siobhan was the best gig I ever went to!
Mylostlenore
Personal Assistant

Postby Jesper » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:00 am

^

Even though I don't agree with the "dominating" part, since she was hired that way, you are right.

The thing is that Robin made Nicole basically the voice of the brand, whether she likes it or not and the 5/6 girls kinda the face of it.

She kept whining about the fact that it was all just a steppingstone and that more line-ups would follow but it is a freakin popgroup and not the cast of a musical :lol: so it doesn't really seems to work.

I mean both the Paradiso Girls and Girlicious did nothing, while they were highly influenced and connected with this so called "Brand". She had like 5 potential PCD recast line-ups since Nicole officially left.

Imo. there is a brand and a recordinggroup, the recordinggroup is connected to the brand, expands the brand for a part but for the most part it is a popgroup and the Sugababes already proved that drastic line-up changes will cost more than it is worth.

I still would say, keep the legacy to Nicole and the girls, get them back for a reunion album, Greatest Hits and tour in a few years and Robin could just focus on her lounges and try to make a worldwide theatre show or something of that
Jesper
Legend

Postby RunDevilRun » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Mylostlenore wrote:Nicole may have dominated the limelight, but things seem to have gone bad to worse without her.
Bad management is the real problem. If Nicole were that important and significant to PCD, she would have a successful career, and as we know she doesn't.
I still don't undertstand what it has taken Robin so long to line up new members. I mean, Mathew Knowles replaced the two former Destiny's Child members so fast that they only knew they were out the group after watching 'Say My Name' video on MTV. Like Jesper said, it's just a pop group not a cast of a musical.
Robin should have stuck with the orignal members. I think the girls would've been satisfied if they had had solo lines to sing. She should've given them real microphones and make them record some songs.

P.S. How much did they sell? I looked on Wikipedia, it says they sold 15 million albums. According to Nicole's page on X-Factor, PCD sold over 9 million and Doll Domination 5 million. Honestly, I think these numbers are inflated.
to the infinity and Beyoncé.
RunDevilRun
Manager

Postby glamdoll » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:33 pm

so, rumored members are Natasha Slayton,Lauren,Paula and Natalie Mejia.

Natasha Slayton was Jessica Sutta's background dancer

and apparently Kia Hampton is back.. This aint gonna happen, probably the worse line up so far..

i think only this one might have worked
glamdoll
Manager

Postby Jesper » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 am

Robin waited too long, I still think the moment Nicole left, she should have called all Paradiso Girls if they wanted to join, fill up the gabs for the ones who declined and there you have it, a line-up in a few weeks.

She hired so many girls already, fired a lot, a lot left by themselves, they even held auditions with 100s of girls, which resulted in nothing.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 am

New line-up confirmed

Doesn't really looks like a promising line-up to me and tbh, Robin has basically wasted loads of money, she did a photoshoot with like 3 line-up's already
Jesper
Legend

Postby Noahh » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:19 pm

The new line-up looks good/sexy but I miss Chrystina! :(

She was the girl of the new line-up I was most excited about. Gutted she left!

Do we know anything about the girls? Except for Lauren and Natalie of course. Are any of them able to sing?
Noahh
Legend

Postby glamdoll » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Noahh wrote:The new line-up looks good/sexy but I miss Chrystina! :(

Do we know anything about the girls? Except for Lauren and Natalie of course. Are any of them able to sing?
Natasha Slayton is singer/songwriter/dancer, so she will sing for sure.. Paula is supposed to rap, and the 5th girl Amanda is just a dancer.
glamdoll
Manager

Postby Noahh » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 pm

glamdoll wrote:
Noahh wrote:The new line-up looks good/sexy but I miss Chrystina! :(

Natasha Slayton is singer/songwriter/dancer, so she will sing for sure.. Paula is supposed to rap, and the 5th girl Amanda is just a dancer.
Oh okay, thanks! :)

I like the fact that at least three members have the ability to sing. Let's hope they'll all get the chance to. I'm not here for a lead singer with 4 background dancers again... :roll: :P
Noahh
Legend

Postby alxx » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm still gutted about Chrystina :(
alxx
Legend

Postby Noahh » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:21 pm

alxx wrote:I'm still gutted about Chrystina :(
Me 2! :(
Noahh
Legend

Postby summer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:43 am