stars200 wrote: tada wrote:
HITS: CARRIE projected for 55-60k and probably No.3
55-60k in 3rd week?
It isn't likely to be terrible but just OK.
I need a new single! Why Arista doesn't release the 2nd single after album release?
Is Blown Away confimed as next one?
Anyway, it is very similar to chart-running of Kelly Clarkson's My December.
291,213 ... 267,594
113,316 ... 119,524
58,593 ... 60,000
1. Its second week got boosted by Mothers' Day.
2. It's looking what Madonna was looking to sell in her second week, in its third week. And Madonna was a way bigger opener.
3. "My December" was released in 2007, we're in 2012 now. It was a way better sales climate.
4. MD was released as a follow-up to the monster "Breakaway", which means its initial weeks were impacted by BA, i.e. got boosted. The fact that "Blown Away" is selling so well only means good things.
5. "Blown Away" is confirmed to be the next single.
6. It's not released yet because "Good Girl" is not done on any radio format yet. And rarely does anyone release multiple singles on Country radio.
7. It's selling well and GG is doing well on radio, why would they rush out another single? "We Found Love"/"You Da One" scenario anyone?