PDA

View Full Version : New Arrival

Rawiri James
Wed August 7th, 2002, 18:11
UKMIX, I'd like to introduce my mate to the forums, turnip. First of all, I dunno where that name sprung from (yeah good one...) but yeah she goes 2 my skool and we're goin' 2 da Red Hot Chili Peppers in November with another one of our mates! So yeah, turnip, this is everyone at UKMIX! Hmmmm, I'm doubting she'll be replying to comments posted right now seeing as it's very early in the morning, but I've already told her that I'm doing a topic about this!

aneta
Wed August 7th, 2002, 18:16
Cool, welcome to the UKMIX forums :smile:

Timor
Wed August 7th, 2002, 18:36
Welcome!

SholasBoy
Wed August 7th, 2002, 19:22
Hi Turnip!

I only joined last week and I'm having a great time, I'm sure you will too :smile:

Aliiyssa
Wed August 7th, 2002, 19:36
Turnip? That's an interesting name! Welcome anywayz!

Deadman
Wed August 7th, 2002, 19:39
Hey Turnip - interesting choice of name!

Rawiri James
Thu August 8th, 2002, 02:04
Yeah I just asked her bout da name... U confuse me! :wink:

turnip
Thu August 8th, 2002, 06:36
hey everyone! since this is about me (yes, i'm feeling pretty special at the mo) i thought i should make an 'appearance'. I'll explain the name first- actually, i'm not sure that there's much of an explanation, someone asked me 'if you were a vegetable, what would you be?' and VOILA! 'turnip' was born! anyway, this is the kind of weirdness you can expect from me in the future (i'm thinking of starting a josh groban forum, huh muzikritik?)

Rawiri James
Thu August 8th, 2002, 18:58
...yes you should probably know that turnip LOVES Josh Groban. So go ahead... ummm, although I'm not sure what genre he'd be under... any suggestions?!

Aliiyssa
Thu August 8th, 2002, 19:50
Who's Josh Groban?

Mattstar
Thu August 29th, 2002, 02:55
Hey Turnip! Welcome to the forums. Just thought I'd mention that I'm a massive fan of Josh Groban as well. I bought his CD a few weeks ago and I love it. It's not usually the type of music that I listen to, but his voice is amazing.

Kev
Thu August 29th, 2002, 03:04
Welcome to UKMIX

turnip
Thu August 29th, 2002, 08:00
Mattstar! are you serious?! i'm not exactly into the classical genre either- but with a voice like that, he's pretty hard to ignore!
I think you're the first person on UKMIX to like him too, so congrats!
(and thanks again to everyone for being so welcoming)

CJB
Thu August 29th, 2002, 22:48
Hello Turnip! And welcome! I've not heard of Josh Groban either - what style of music does he do? Classical?

Mattstar
Fri August 30th, 2002, 01:46
Josh Groban's album is self titled and it does have classical music influences, but at the same time you could say he could be the male Celine Dion (don't hold that against him!) There's also a duet with The Corrs on there. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of overblown dramatic ballads, but this CD is fantastic. He's got such a great voice, and he's only 20 years old.

Rawiri James
Fri August 30th, 2002, 05:20
Josh has also appeared on Ally McBeal - his character was a bit of a loser - he lived with his dad (his mom died) and he loved to sing... he eventually got to do this at the end of the 4th season when he performed at his school prom (with Ally as his date), and his minister told the court that he was a "borderline negrophiliac"!

I gotta say I don't like classical at all (I despise it actually) but Josh isn't half bad!

Boogie_2nite
Fri August 30th, 2002, 10:30
welcome turnip

TangoMan
Fri August 30th, 2002, 14:19
Hi turnip,

not even gunna ask about the name, each to their own i suppose :wink:

foodlenoodle
Fri August 30th, 2002, 22:16
Hi Turnip.Welcome! :D

Funky Monkey
Sat August 31st, 2002, 08:16
HALLOTurnip I love your name and yet I fell it is missing something that I cant quite put my finger on.... hmmmmm *strokes beard*

turnip
Sun September 1st, 2002, 04:38
HALLOTurnip I love your name and yet I fell it is missing something that I cant quite put my finger on.... hmmmmm *strokes beard*
Thank you, i'm glad someone appreciates my craziness :D
Maybe the thing it's missing is... normality?

RockTheBoat
Mon September 2nd, 2002, 23:54
cool...welcome to the forums! :D I joined today and am loving it :wink:

Virgostar
Wed September 4th, 2002, 08:23
I can't believe that I haven't welcomed turnip yet! (My bad!)....with all that aside, welcome to our wonderful forums and I hope you are enjoying what we have to offer (gawd I sound like a salesperson or something!)!

turnip
Wed September 4th, 2002, 10:25
I can't believe that I haven't welcomed turnip yet! (My bad!)....with all that aside, welcome to our wonderful forums and I hope you are enjoying what we have to offer (gawd I sound like a salesperson or something!)!

Well, if you're a salesperson, you're doing a great job :D (not that UKMIX really needs to be 'sold' to me!) I'm having a great time here (sometimes feeling pretty damn inadequate with the knowledge that some of you guys have though!)

pm_01
Thu September 5th, 2002, 00:14
I can't believe that I haven't welcomed turnip yet!

omg neither have i

welcome turnip, glad to hear your enjoying urself

child_destinys
Sun September 8th, 2002, 18:23
hey turnip.