PDA

View Full Version : Boogie some other night

lars
Sat September 21st, 2002, 23:41
Sorry to do this, but Boogie_2nite has been banned for a couple of days.

When I checked a few minutes ago, there were 339 posts in the database since the start of Saturday. As it's nearly midnight here in the UK, that's about a day's worth.

90 of them are by Boogie_2nite.

I'm all for people making a contribution to the site, but this is just crazy. I've already posted a topic about people posting too many pointless messages, when really it would have been just as effective sending a private message to Boogie_2nite as she was the main culprit.

Since then, Aneta and I have both sent her private messages. She has been asked not to post as much, and she has been asked not to keep changing her avatar (which has a somewhat giddying effect when it's plastered over nearly 2,000 posts).

The above total doesn't include the messages I've deleted, which is at least half a dozen today, and I think Aneta's deleted some too... how about other moderators?

So by all accounts she's posted 100 messages today, and meanwhile I'm rather concerned about what's going on with the system... which is doing more work by way of logging and detecting abuse (although I don't know yet exactly why it's playing up, so it could be something innnocent).

Anyway deleting posts and sending private messages hasn't worked, so I hit the ban button.

Kev
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 02:13
Oh well. Something had to be done!

CAyoungtalent
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 03:41
Thats kinda sad tho

ATB3000
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 06:07
i know many of you think i only ruin your fun, but boogie and people like her should get banned, for their own good. I mean jesus christ, 100 posts in one day? get a job or a hobby or do something productive with your life, not just sit on your lazy @$$ and stare at the computer all day and nite. it is straight ridiculous, you're worst than those star wars fanatics who dress up and go around pretending to be luke skywalker

Virgostar
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 07:38
For once, I actually agree with you ATB - does this girl have a life? It is bad when most of the posts for the day are coming from the 1 person and most of them are pointless.....I think it's bad when I frequent this place twice in a day....I wonder how many times she visits this site in a day....anyway once again I applaud Lars for what he has done - obviously your messages went through one ear and out the other with boogie.....

Tiger
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 09:04
Virgostar and ATB - lay off her! Geez!
So what if the poor girl posts a lot more than anyone else? Is it any excuse to start slagging her off? :x

She can do what she wants providing she's in the limits,and so I agree with Lars about banning her to some extent at least cause I'm not too sure she actually saw the PMs but maybe she'll learn when she's back

Deadman
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 09:30
Yeah she does deserve it - it wouldn't be so bad if her posts actually had some sort of a point to them. Perhaps this will stop her from doing it in the future - but then again this is Boogie we're talking about....

Aliiyssa
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 10:20
I'm not very happy about this Boogie bashing. :x
I've said a few words on Boogie being banned in CA's topic, so I won't repeat myself.
C'mon guys, lay off.
How long is this ban for anyway, I hope it's not too long.

lars
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 11:05
I agree it is sad, and I don't want to make judgements about people... I can hardly say somebody doesn't have a life because they spend a lot of time using the computer. ;-)

But the extent and nature of Boogie_2nite's posting was causing a bit of a problem and for whatever reason she found it difficult to curtail it. Hopefully a couple of days' cooling off will help.

I'm pretty sure she saw the PMs - she replied to one of them, she has e-mail notifications on, etc. I've e-mailed her about the ban, and she has replied.

I don't want to be nasty, but I thought it better to be open about what's going on.

Timor
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 11:13
I find the title of the topic very funny :D , anyway i agree with you Lars she was out of control! and banning her was the right move.

SholasBoy
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 12:13
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry-shouldn't laugh, but I do find it slightly funny.

I bet the poor girl is sat at her computer twiddling her thumbs!

philruck
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 12:16
I see what you mean, just take a look at the testing smilies topic in Test! 9 messages in a row from Boogie!

Tiger
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 15:58
Oh no! The Test Forum where we're supposed to post posts of the highest quality :lol:

Jami
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 16:06

Shane you are evil! lol, I had to laugh at the topic title too, gotta love Lars.

I don't like it when people have to be banned, even if it's just for a while but the thing is, Boogie HAD been warned several times. There had been topics about it too (Quantity vs Quality etc) and her posting habits didnt change.

She'll probably calm down with the posts once she's back.

SholasBoy
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 16:08
I think she may be too embarassed to come back.

aneta
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 16:14
Oh no! The Test Forum where we're supposed to post posts of the highest quality :lol:

The Test forum may be not one of quality, but it's not a place for abusing the system in order to get your posts count up either. ;-)

D_vid
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 17:36
I could see that coming a mile off!
Maybe the Forums Chart is that important to so me people!

TangoMan
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 18:20
She was a bit post crazy, and went a bit crazy with people if you hinted she spammed. Still, i'm sure she'll learn her lesson. And be more carful when she comes back

IF she comes back,

matthew_dixon
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 19:50
Wow!

Well, that's a turnout for the books. I too noticed (when I was in annoyed mode) that last Saturday Boogie had posted 120 times.

People have said some things here that are very funny to most of us - but they may regret what they've said once Boogie gets back.

I therefore choose not to comment any further on the matter.

Kev
Sun September 22nd, 2002, 20:36

LMAO. That made me laugh so much! :lol:

Virgostar
Mon September 23rd, 2002, 05:55
Virgostar and ATB - lay off her! Geez!
So what if the poor girl posts a lot more than anyone else? Is it any excuse to start slagging her off? :x

Sorry Tiger, I didn't want to come across as slagging her off, I'm just a little concerned....I just wonder if she ever backs away from the computer that's all (no nastiness intended)...and besides, she was warned about her "abuse" of posting anyway.....

Ok, since I can see that I've offended someone about this, I'll refrain from making anymore comments (unless I see fit)....

matthew_dixon
Mon September 23rd, 2002, 09:34
does this girl have a life?

Virgostar - you state facts like I do - this is exactly what happened to me when I said it in slightly more general terms (Do people who post ridiculous amounts actually have a life?) when there is obviously only one major culprit.

She says she does - and I'll believe her on that, but the alarming thing is not only can she post 120 times in a day - but that they are spread out through the entire day! Admittedly, we don't know people's personal circumstances - so it's nothing to judge her on, but I understand you're just stating a fact rather than being rude - unfortunately when people do things like that, many of the people on here take it as being rude.

Kev
Mon September 23rd, 2002, 20:26
but I understand you're just stating a fact rather than being rude - unfortunately when people do things like that, many of the people on here take it as being rude.

Well, it's more to do with the way in which it is said.

Rawiri James
Mon September 23rd, 2002, 22:15
I didn't think she'd get banned, but I am glad that's she got time to get over her "obsession" a bit. I'm sure that this minor setback will not deter Boogie from returning to the forums (she's not that kinda girl... in a good way) but hopefully, she can reevaluate her posting habits, so that this doesn't have to happen again. :D

CJB
Mon September 23rd, 2002, 22:43
I think people need to remember they can go back an edit a message they've just posted, therefore if you've forgotten to put something in it you can go back and add it as opposed to posting another one.

And yes Lars I had noticed, myself and Jami had discussed it.

CAyoungtalent
Tue September 24th, 2002, 00:29
The name of this post is hilarious :lol: couldnt help laughing.

Virgostar
Tue September 24th, 2002, 08:12
Before someone else decides to discipline me on what I've said, I'd like to apologise and state my case: I have a habit of being a bit blunt and telling things the way that I see them....I didn't mean to be rude or offend anyone on this whole Boogie thing and I'm feeling rather ashamed for making those comments :oops: I just acted on what I had read and decided to put my opinions across (well, the ones I felt at the time anyway)....so once again, I'm sorry for what I said and I'll try and think a bit more b4 I type next time (either that or I bite my tongue)...

Anyway, just one last comment (sorry)....I can see that this quality vs quantity has caused a split in these forums, with many ppl getting confused over this whole quality posting thing and also ppl are upset over the whole boogie thing....so here is my plea to ppl: Don't leave these forums because of what has happened! :D This place is still enjoyable (well to me anyway) despite what's happened!!

philruck
Tue September 24th, 2002, 16:30
Well said Virgostar, I agree. UKMIX is still fun and no one should leave coz of all this posting too much business.

Rawiri James
Tue September 24th, 2002, 21:53
Well I have just read boogie_2nite's big message (I tried to reply there, even though I knew it was locked, so feel free to call me stupid everyone!) and I think we can safely assume that she is capable of posting more than one-word replies!! :lol: And also, she didn't yell at me! 8-) I'm soooooooo mellow.

SholasBoy
Tue September 24th, 2002, 22:14
I especially enjoyed being called perfect-what a credit to my ego :lol:

matthew_dixon
Wed September 25th, 2002, 09:52
and the award for best post goes to...

Virgostar

Very well put that girl. I hope I haven't been at all instrumental in instigating a split - I certainly get on with the people who are really regular here just as well as those who hardly come here at all. As for the whole Boogie thing, I warned people not to say anything - so let's just leave it now.

TangoMan
Wed September 25th, 2002, 20:08
if i say anything about boogie there will be Murder On The Forums, so for everyones sakes i'm not saying anyhting

(for the time being)

:roll: