PDA

View Full Version : The UKmix soap awards - Nominations

Dazzle
Fri January 10th, 2003, 14:01
Ok. Heres my bright idea!
Seeing as Ukmix is so much like a soap - why dont we have our own awards ceremony.
I have thought of 11 different categories to vote for:
Best male actor
Best female actor
Best newcomer
Best storyline
Most dramatic exit
Sexiest male
Sexiest female
Funniest character
Best couple
Villian of the year
Best bitch
This isnt for real soaps tho... for us uKmixers. Best male actor is a male poster, best female actos is a.... you guessed it! A hermaphrodite! :wink:
Best newcomer is someone who has joined in the last 12 months (Ahem!) - best storyline is something thats happened online - Was it Boogie's identity crisis? The Dazzle smiles skelofect love triangle, or something else?
Most dramatic exit is the best exit a poster has doen this year. eg... Boogie/Foodle's exit or Aliiyssa's mysterious disappearance!
Sexiest male and sexiest female... well :oops:
Funniest character is someone who makes you laugh!
Best couple are best two posters together! Hoepfulyl it wont be the obvious two! :roll:
Villian of the year is the best baddy.
best bitch is for... best bitch! That doesnt mean you dislike them - you can just describe some people as bitches or bitchy!

OK!
So vote for your favourite from each category - one vote per person in each category (dont list your 5 faves in each one)
PM your votes to me as soon as you can... and we'll do the awards ceremony in the weekend of 25th/26th Jan!
By the way... just cos i'm the one compiling the awards it doesnt mean you cant vote for me! :oops:
You have two weeks to vote - closing date for votes is Friday 24th January 2004... i mean 2003!

Skelofect
Sat January 11th, 2003, 01:29
This is your idea!

Fantastic! I always thought UKMIX was like a good soap (Night and Day if your me and Aliiyssa) and I know what I will be nominating for best stroyline. :lol:

Votes close on Friday 24th and The Book Group starts wow what a day it will be. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FreakyFlyBry
Sat January 11th, 2003, 01:58
I've sent my votes in! This should be very interesting!

Terence
Sat January 11th, 2003, 02:09
My votes are in!

Quite bonkers awards but deffo the most intersting!

Good idea Dazzle!

Smiles
Sat January 11th, 2003, 04:06
I think this is a primo idea dazza!

Ive sent my votes but I think EVERYONE should coz that makes it more fun!

(that was my VERY subtle hinting. Sorry Im a rather tactless person)

Dazzle
Sat January 11th, 2003, 20:52
Thanks for the support! :D
I've had ten lots of nominations so far. All those who havent nominated... why not?

At this early stage of voting, I can reveal that one UKmixer looks set to sweep the awards! (He/She/It has been hired as a cleaner for the aftershow) :lol:
Its also interesting to see what some people think of me! One person has voted me best villian! :o

Smiles
Sat January 11th, 2003, 21:10
I think I can guess who that one person is but I dont think he can win all the awards. I dont think many people would vote him sexiest female! Well ya never know! :lol:

Virgostar
Sun January 12th, 2003, 11:59
You'll get mine soon Dazzle....I'm still trying to work who to give these awards to (hey, I am a busy person ya know.....+ I like to think these things through!)...

matthew_dixon
Sun January 12th, 2003, 19:35
Dazzle, can you change my vote for Villain of the year so that it only includes the names foodlenoodle and monkey - other people may wish to do similarly owing to the recent events.

Dazzle
Sun January 12th, 2003, 21:56
Thats a good point.
If people would like to change their previous votes in light of recent events (I sound like a new presenter now :-? ) they can do so. Just send me a PM with your changed votes!

Skelofect
Mon January 13th, 2003, 03:24
Dazzle, can you change my vote for Villain of the year so that it only includes the names foodlenoodle and monkey - other people may wish to do similarly owing to the recent events.

LOL ROTFL.

I think I can guess who you voted then. :lol: :lol:

Dazzle
Mon January 13th, 2003, 13:15
Speaking of votes skelofect, are you ever gonna do yours? Dont you want to win that highly coveted best couple award?

Skelofect
Mon January 13th, 2003, 16:09
Well I'm taking my time, I made a muck up of my top 20 posters so am getting them to you asap - and I know who Ive got for best villian. :lol: :lol:

Dazzle
Mon January 13th, 2003, 23:01
Well I'm taking my time, I made a muck up of my top 20 posters so am getting them to you asap - and I know who Ive got for best villian. :lol: :lol:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Virgostar
Tue January 14th, 2003, 01:56
:lol: ^ Never fear Dazzle dear, I ain't voting for you as a villain.....in fact, I've got someone else in mind perhaps for that one :D (it's a toss up between it and another well known villain who crossed our paths)

Terence
Tue January 14th, 2003, 01:58
Let's say that I voted for a villian but then I changed it back

*not mentioning any names*

Skelofect
Tue January 14th, 2003, 02:15
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dazzle, you cant suck up now. lol

Also I've realised that I am most likely to get:

Best male actor
Best newcomer
Best storyline
Sexiest male
Funniest character
Best couple

So am a little bit worried about taking part.

Virgostar
Tue January 14th, 2003, 02:19
Also I've realised that I am most likely to get:

Best male actor
Best newcomer
Best storyline
Sexiest male
Funniest character
Best couple

So am a little bit worried about taking part.

Pffffffft :lol: I think you're talking yourself up waaaaaaay too much there Skelo!!

Skelofect
Tue January 14th, 2003, 12:29
I suggest, Virgostar you take a trip to the chemist and get some iron(y) tablets. :lol:

I doubt I'll be holding any awards in my hands on the night. :cry:

Dazzle
Tue January 14th, 2003, 13:29
I hate to burst your bubble skelo, but nobody has voted you sexiest male.
Altho you have received one vote for sexiest female! :lol:

Skelofect
Tue January 14th, 2003, 13:36
Altho you have received one vote for sexiest female! :lol:

My bubbles already burst and I gotta get home quick march on the double.

And I assume sexiest female was my vote. :lol: :lol:

Smiles
Tue January 14th, 2003, 13:43
Im sure you will win the most sexiet male award!!!!! :D :D

Dazzle
Tue January 14th, 2003, 13:45
I have to reveal that there is no competition for sexiest male - one person has got almost all of the votes... and its me! :D
Ok. I have had no voets for sexiest male. I just hope its cos i havent put my picture up in UKmix. I only havent done that for fears of it being used as a dartboard!

Skelofect
Tue January 14th, 2003, 13:59
I have to reveal that there is no competition for sexiest male - one person has got almost all of the votes... and its me! :D
Ok. I have had no voets for sexiest male. I just hope its cos i havent put my picture up in UKmix. I only havent done that for fears of it being used as a dartboard!

I feel Dazzle only started this to boost his self confidence which has either worked or else is being fixed???
Also I have never put my picture up here either so how are we even ment to judge. I like to talk sexy though.

And Smiles I voted you sexiest female! :wink:

Virgostar
Wed January 15th, 2003, 09:08
I suggest, Virgostar you take a trip to the chemist and get some iron(y) tablets. :lol:

I doubt I'll be holding any awards in my hands on the night. :cry:

Awwwwww I'm sure you'll be holding at least one award....speaking of which, I'm almost there in making my votes....having a problem voting the best male and female actors though...I'm trying to be democratic and make sure that the awards are spread out evenly on my list...but in the end I think I'm going to have to scrap that idea :lol:

Terence
Wed January 15th, 2003, 10:33
I have a feeling that I already know the winners...

Dazzle
Wed January 15th, 2003, 13:36
I have a feeling that I already know the winners...
Well go on smartypants! Have a guess! :P
I may stop the voting a day or so before the original finishing date to give out the nominations and build up the suspense!
Of course I will be rigging it so that I win all the categories... especially best bitch! :lol:

Skelofect
Wed January 15th, 2003, 13:40
Of course I will be rigging it so that I win all the categories... especially best bitch! :lol:

Why doesn't that surprise me?

And I bet they go a little something like this:::

Best male actor Sholasboy
Best female actor Aliiyssa
Best newcomer Dazzle
Best storyline Boogie
Most dramatic exit foodleoodle
Sexiest male Sholasoy
Sexiest female Jami
Funniest character Dazzle
Best couple Smiles/Skelofect
Villian of the year foodleoodle
Best bitch Dazzle

Dazzle
Wed January 15th, 2003, 13:43
And I bet they go a little something like this:::

Best male actor: Blah blah blah. Nobody wants to read it again!
Well you're not right! So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
And Shane - sexiest male? Is there something you're not telling us skelo? :wink:

Skelofect
Wed January 15th, 2003, 15:22
Well you're not right! So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
And Shane - sexiest male? Is there something you're not telling us skelo? :wink:

Shane wins everything.

Oh of course, did I forget to mention I am in love with Shane. Oppps bag cat out! :lol:

SholasBoy
Wed January 15th, 2003, 17:06
Shane wins everything.

:lol: Don't build my hopes up, these awards mean everything to me, how could I face the board ever again if I don't win?

Oh of course, did I forget to mention I am in love with Shane. Oppps bag cat out! :lol:

Oh well thats too bad, cos the feelings not mutual :lol:

Terence
Wed January 15th, 2003, 17:22
Oh my nomination for the bitch is... erm .... self-explanatroy why!

Virgostar
Thu January 16th, 2003, 06:24
Ok I've finally finished figuring out who I want to win....I tossed out my democratic voting system and decided that I'd give 1 or 2 ppl more than 2 awards! In light of recent news though, I'm kind of thinking about changing one of my awards....nah, I'll leave it the way it is!

Dazzle
Fri January 17th, 2003, 22:58
Rightho! We are halfway through the nominations stage. You have another week left to submit your nominations!
So far 17 people have voted, although a lot of you regulars havent bothered yet!
Come on!!! You'll regret it later. Just PM your nominations to me. Thats Dazzle!!!

Should we take a look at the leaderboard? In other words, i'll tease you.
Three people look set to go home with two awards each!
One category has three contenders battling it out with the same amount of votes.
Now, some of you are being too butch and refusing to vote for sexiest male! If the women can appreciate other women, how come the men cant do the same?
Also some people arent voting best villian or best bitch cos they're just too darn nice! Aww! Gimme a break! You have to be cruel to be kind! Now do it! :x

Skelofect
Sat January 18th, 2003, 03:53
So far 17 people have voted, although a lot of you regulars havent bothered yet!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why dont you just end it now?

Smiles
Sat January 18th, 2003, 04:38

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why dont you just end it now?

Good point Skelo. I mean if noone is voting is it not better to tell us who wins now! :D

Skelofect
Sat January 18th, 2003, 05:44
I bet there is no votes between now and next Friday!

End it. :x

BronxBadBoi
Sat January 18th, 2003, 19:00
where are the results. You're dragging this longer than my sister's nails.

Terence
Sat January 18th, 2003, 19:40
Yes Dazzle, end it now! :D

After all, this is not a time-consuming vote, they should have voted immediately!

John
Sat January 18th, 2003, 19:43
Yeah mate, do it! Screw anyone who was too lazy to vote. :lol:

Dazzle
Sat January 18th, 2003, 21:10
Well. Since putting that post up yesterday, i've had 3 more votes! :P
So stick that in your pipe!
Anyway, lets give it till Monday and then I may end it. So you have been warned - get your votes in quick smart!

Liberty
Tue January 21st, 2003, 09:06
Where are the dumb results, Dazzle?? :x

Skelofect
Tue January 21st, 2003, 12:38
Where are the dumb results, Dazzle?? :x

Yeah its Tuesday! 8-)

Dazzle
Tue January 21st, 2003, 15:26
Patients is a virtue, guys!
Ok. I was going to wait till Friday, but i'll reveal the awards tonight at 8 o clock! So be prompt, and the venue will be booze free! We will have special guests giving out the awards. They are - John Leslie, Michael Barrymore, Phil Collins and Matthew Kelly. Michael Jackson will also be appearing via satellite from on top of the eiffel tower!

Get your last minute votes in! Voting closes at 7!

Liberty
Tue January 21st, 2003, 15:27
Alrite! :D Although I'd walk away with nothing since nobody would vote for me. :(

Smiles
Tue January 21st, 2003, 19:50
Oh so the results are up like VERY soon?

Dazzle
Tue January 21st, 2003, 20:05
Ok. Voting is closed!
Do not PM me any more noms cos they will be ignored!
However, feel free to PM me any offers. The ruder the better! :wink:
Look out for the first ever UKmix soap awards. Tonight at 8pm on ITV - no swearing please. It will air live!