X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThomasOliveira
    replied
    Gaga closed her online store
    and the haters will still claim that Coronavirus + Protests + Closed stores will have no impact on her debut week

Leave a comment:

• Million
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho View Post
    Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande's 'Rain on Me' Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100
    Gaga living legend! Congrats to Ariana tho.

Leave a comment:

• Million
    replied
    UK

Lady Gaga's Chromatica outselling the Top 20 combined in pursuit of Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart
    Queen!

Leave a comment:

• RyanS
    replied
    Huge success for Rain On Me and Gaga!

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    Amazing news from the US and the UK! Well done ladies!
    Following the charts has become exciting again!

Leave a comment:

• a Star4
    replied
    It seems pretty frontlodad, bit i think the ariana and blackpink collab will help it steblize

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    By the way, her appearance -from home- on Jimmy Fallon tonight has been postponed/canceled.
    An anti racism activist will be interviewed tonight instead.

Release week with zero promo in US...

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Chromatica on Spotify

Day 1: 48,316,333
    Day 2: 31,293,659
    Day 3: 23,342,760

First week so far: 102,952,749

Total: 277,871,721

Leave a comment:

• Omiros
    replied
    Congrats to Gaga and for the album success, and Ariana for getting another #1.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande's 'Rain on Me' Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100

The song sparks Hot 100 history for both superstars.

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande's new duet "Rain on Me" storms onto the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart at No. 1. Gaga achieves her fifth Hot 100 leader and Grande earns her fourth, among other honors for each star.

The duet was released to digital service providers for streaming and purchase at midnight EST Friday, May 22, while its official video premiered that afternoon. The song is the second single from Gaga's album Chromatica, which arrived Friday, May 29; first single "Stupid Love" debuted and peaked at No. 5 on the Hot 100 in March.

Here is a more in-depth look at the song's Hot 100 coronation.

No. 1 in sales: "Rain" rockets onto the Digital Song Sales chart with 72,000 downloads sold in the week ending May 28.

The song was on sale in four physical/digital combination offerings during the tracking week. Consumers could purchase cassette, CD and vinyl singles, each with a digital download; the download would be sent to consumers upon purchase, with physical versions due to arrive at a later date.

Lady Gaga earns her eighth Digital Song Sales No. 1 and Grande adds her seventh.

"Rain" launches at No. 2 on Streaming Songs with 31.4 million U.S. streams in the week ending May 28 and drew 11.1 million audience impressions in the week ending May 31.

Gaga's 5th No. 1; record span of No. 1 debuts: Here's a recap of Lady Gaga's five Hot 100 No. 1s:

Title, Weeks at No. 1, Date Reached No. 1
    "Just Dance," feat. Colby O'Donis, three, Jan. 17, 2009
    "Poker Face," one, April 11, 2009
    "Born This Way," six, Feb. 26, 2011
    "Shallow," with Bradley Cooper, one, March 9, 2019
    "Rain on Me," with Ariana Grande, one (to date), June 6, 2020

Gaga makes her second chart-topping entrance on the Hot 100, following the No. 1 arrival of "Born This Way," and claims the mark for the longest span of No. 1 debuts: nine years, three months and one week. (Justin Bieber previously held the mark, with such a span stretching four years and five months.)

Gaga No. 1 in the '00s, '10s and 20s: Lady Gaga is the third soloist to have topped the Hot 100 in the 2000s, '10s and '20s, following Carey, who, with "All I Want for Christmas Is You" in January, became the first artist to have ranked at No. 1 in four distinct decades (1990s, 2000s, '10s and '20s), and Beyoncé, who a week ago joined the exclusive three-decade club thanks to her featured turn on Megan Thee Stallion's "Savage," which jumped 5-1.

Women continue to rule: Lady Gaga and Grande combine for the seventh Hot 100 No. 1 credited to two or more women (and no other billed acts), and the third in four weeks. Prior to the latest three such leaders, five such songs had led over nearly 40-and-a-half years.

Notably, as "Rain on Me" dethrones Megan Thee Stallion's "Savage," featuring Beyoncé, a song by multiple solo women supplants another atop the Hot 100 for the first time in the chart's history.

Here's an updated list of every Hot 100 No. 1 exclusively by multiple women soloists:

Title, Artists, Weeks at No. 1, Date Reached No. 1
    "Rain on Me," Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande, one (to date), June 6, 2020
    "Savage," Megan Thee Stallion feat. Beyoncé, one, May 30, 2020
    "Say So," Doja Cat feat. Nicki Minaj, one, May 16, 2020
    "Fancy," Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX, seven, June 7, 2014
    "S&M," Rihanna feat. Britney Spears, one week, April 30, 2011
    "Lady Marmalade," Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya & P!nk, five, June 2, 2001
    "The Boy Is Mine," Brandy & Monica, 13, June 6, 1998
    "No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)," Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer, two, Nov. 24, 1979

5 weeks, 5 new No. 1s: The last five weeks have seen five songs each spend a first week at No. 1 on the Hot 100, as Lady Gaga and Grande's "Rain" follows Megan Thee Stallion's "Savage," featuring Beyoncé (May 30); Grande and Bieber's "Stuck With U" (May 23); Doja Cat's "Say So," featuring Nicki Minaj (May 16); and The Scotts, Travis Scott and Kid Cudi's "The Scotts" (May 9).

The turnover at the top is the most for songs tallying their first weeks at No. 1 in nearly 30 years, and the most since Nielsen Music/MRC Data figures began fueling the chart in November 1991.

The current run of five new No. 1s in five weeks is the first since these seven songs each logged their first week each on top over seven weeks in 1990:

Sept. 29, 1990, "(Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection," Nelson
    Oct. 6, 1990, "Close to You," Maxi Priest
    Oct. 13, 1990, "Praying for Time," George Michael
    Oct. 20, 1990, "I Don't Have the Heart," James Ingram
    Oct. 27, 1990," Black Cat," Janet Jackson
    Nov. 3, 1990, "Ice Ice Baby," Vanilla Ice
    Nov. 10, 1990, "Love Takes Time," Mariah Carey

In addition to its chat-topping Hot 100 start, Lady Gaga and Grande's "Rain" hits No. 1 on the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart, which employs the same multi-metric formula as the Hot 100.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...source=twitter

Leave a comment:

• ginnyfan
    replied
    So a UK/US double in singles and albums!!! Yaaaaay!!!!

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Yay! She did it!

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    We did it, kids!!!

#1 in HOT 100!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    UK

Lady Gaga's Chromatica outselling the Top 20 combined in pursuit of Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart

Lady Gaga’s new album Chromatica is on course to debut at Number 1 on this week’s Official Albums Chart with impressive opening week numbers.

Gaga’s sixth studio album is currently outperforming the rest of the midweek Top 20 combined. Chromatica leads on all (physical, download and streaming) and already claims 2020’s fastest-selling vinyl album based on just three days of sales.

Shifting 40,000 chart sales so far this week, Chromatica has already outperformed the first week tallies of her 2014 Tony Bennett duets album Cheek To Cheek, 2016’s Joanne and the cast recording of A Star Is Born from 2018.

Chromatica is looking likely to be Gaga’s fourth chart-topping album in the UK, following 2009’s The Fame/The Fame Monster (packaged as one album in the UK), 2011’s Born This Way and Artpop. View Lady Gaga's full UK chart history.

Meanwhile, three songs from Chromatica - current Number 1 single Rain On Me, Blackpink collaboration Sour Candy and album track Alice - are set for the Official Singles Chart Top 40 this Friday.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__29887/
    Congratulations!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    The #20 on the UK YTD Album Charts has sold 56,5k so far, so she's probably going to enter that Top20 after just one week

Leave a comment:

• Moella
    replied
    Slovakia

4 (New) 1 Rain On Me

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
    I can't at them not mentionning ASIB as one of her #1
    UK is one of the few (if not the only) country where it was credited to “Cast of ASIB” instead of her and Bradley.

Funny, though, that they mention ASIB for the debut week sales but not for #1s...

Leave a comment:

• ViviLittleM
    replied
    I can't at them not mentionning ASIB as one of her #1

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    UK

Lady Gaga’s new album Chromatica is on course to debut at Number 1 on this week’s Official Albums Chart with impressive opening week numbers.

Gaga’s sixth studio album is currently outperforming the rest of the midweek Top 20 combined. Chromatica leads on all (physical, download and streaming) and already claims 2020’s fastest-selling vinyl album based on just three days of sales.

Shifting 40,000 chart sales so far this week, Chromatica has already outperformed the first week tallies of her 2014 Tony Bennett duets album Cheek To Cheek, 2016’s Joanne and the cast recording of A Star Is Born from 2018.

Chromatica is looking likely to be Gaga’s fourth chart-topping album in the UK, following 2009’s The Fame/The Fame Monster (packaged as one album in the UK), 2011’s Born This Way and Artpop. View Lady Gaga's full UK chart history.

Meanwhile, three songs from Chromatica - current Number 1 single Rain On Me, Blackpink collaboration Sour Candy and album track Alice - are set for the Official Singles Chart Top 40 this Friday.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__29887/

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Waiting for the HOT 100 update...

In the meantime:

Billboard Hot Digital Songs
    1 (New) Rain On Me

It's Lady Gaga's 8th #1 on that chart.

Lady Gaga's Billboard Hot Digital Songs History

#1 Just Dance
    #1 Poker Face
    #1 Bad Romance
    #1 Born This Way
    #1 Million Reasons
    #1 Shallow
    #1 Stupid Love
    #1 Rain On Me

#2 LoveGame
    #2 The Edge of Glory
    #2 Perfect Illusion
    #2 Always Remember Us This Way
    #2 I'll Never Love Again
    #3 Paparazzi
    #3 Applause
    #3 Do What U Want
    #3 The Cure
    #4 Telephone
    #4 Judas
    #4 You & I
    #4 Is That Alright?
    #5 Alejandro
    #5 Hair

#12 Venus
    #19 A-Yo
    #27 Til It Happens To You
    #30 Marry the Night
    #42 Music To My Eyes
    #45 Before I Cry
    #46 Look What I Found
    #50 Joanne

#60 Speechless
    #60 Dope
    #70 Starstruck
    #73 Chillin

Leave a comment:

• AnderF10
    replied
    Japan (Oricon)

Oricon Daily Chart #5 (#3 sold 1,115)

Billboard Japan (25-31) #3 Chromatica 6,455

Leave a comment:

• JBmust
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    On track to debut at #1 in France.
    already 15k units in three days.
    Yay!!!

LITHUANIA
    2 (New) Rain On Me

CZECH REPUBLIC
    4 (New) Rain On Me

Leave a comment:

• ViviLittleM
    replied
    On track to debut at #1 in France.
    already 15k units in three days.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    UK

Missing Data: Spotify and YouTube (both for Sunday)

Top 100 Albums

1 Lady Gaga - Chromatica (40.3k) *
    2 KSI - Dissimulation (3.2k)
    3 Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (2.7k)

1 DaBaby feat. Roddy Ricch - ROCKSTAR (24.1k)
    2 Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (23.2k)
    3 S1mba feat. DTG - Rover (15.5k)

14 Lady Gaga & BLACKPINK - Sour Candy *

24 Lady Gaga Alice

As expected, ROM falls to #2.
    A higher position in Hot Hits UK would have helped to stay at #1.

SC down two from yesterday’s Midweeks. Hopefully it stays in Top 20.
    And Alice seems on lock to become a new Top 40 entry.

Amazing numbers for the album.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X