Lady Gaga :: The “Chromatica” Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HarrisGaga View Post
    Last known sales for Joanne was around 168k units last year.. but yeah in the end it will surpass Joanne I guess
    Originally posted by Million View Post
    Pretty nice sales considering the poor promotion and the chaotic period in which this album was released.
    Also, if we compare how many albums sold 100k in the UK in 2016/2017 with the number of albums that sold 100k in the UK in 2020, Chromatica's sales become even more successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post

Also, if we compare how many albums sold 100k in the UK in 2016/2017 with the number of albums that sold 100k in the UK in 2020, Chromatica's sales become even more successful.

Yes, of course! The album was a big success in UK despite only one TV interview the day of the release! This makes its total sales even more impressive!

Comment

• US

158 (161) 37 Chromatica

Comment

• Sales are not a good indicator of an album's success. I would use the chart performance instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
            Sales are not a good indicator of an album's success. I would use the chart performance instead.
            Yep, but I prefer to compare the sales of certain levels between the years and see if the sales of an artist's album went up or down in relation to that country's market scenario and this is exactly the same methodology that Billboard uses (remember when they compared sales debut of Adele's 25, Gaga's BTW and other albums if they had been released in the late 90s/early 2000s, the peak of pure sales?) because chartrun doesn't say much about the success or flop of an album. An album could sell 1 million copies and spend only 20 weeks on the chart and another album could spend 2 years on the chart and still not reach 1 million copies.
            Last edited by Million; Wed February 17, 2021, 13:59.

Comment

• The problem is the following: Let's assume that Lady Gaga releases a new album in 2022 and for whatever reason, the sales climate is healthier than ever: The album would have the same chart run as 'Chromatica' but sell 8 mio. copies. The later release would be the bigger selling out of the two but would it be the more successful?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                The problem is the following: Let's assume that Lady Gaga releases a new album in 2022 and for whatever reason, the sales climate is healthier than ever: The album would have the same chart run as 'Chromatica' but sell 8 mio. copies. The later release would be the bigger selling out of the two but would it be the more successful?
                It depends on the industry scenario. If the industry as a whole went up extraordinarily, then no, both albums achieved relatively equal success, compared to the industry scenario in the year they were released.
                Last edited by Million; Wed February 17, 2021, 14:22.

Comment

• Canada

48 (39) 33 Rain On Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post
                    Yep, but I prefer to compare the sales of certain levels between the years and see if the sales of an artist's album went up or down in relation to that country's market scenario and this is exactly the same methodology that Billboard uses (remember when they compared sales debut of Adele's 25, Gaga's BTW and other albums if they had been released in the late 90s/early 2000s, the peak of pure sales?) because chartrun doesn't say much about the success or flop of an album. An album could sell 1 million copies and spend only 20 weeks on the chart and another album could spend 2 years on the chart and still not reach 1 million copies.
                    Completely agree with you here.

Comment

• Traumatica should reach Platinum in the US during this Summer

Comment

• Originally posted by Moella View Post
                        Canada

48 (39) 33 Rain On Me
                        One more week on the chart and ROM will tie LoveGame and Telephone as her fifth longest-running single in Canada.

Comment

• Spotify Global
                          141. (+4) Rain On Me

Comment

• Comment

• ROM has now surpassed 20,000 spins on Australian radio. It's one of only four songs to hit that mark and still be in the top 40 on Australian radio, alongside Blinding Lights, Breaking Me and Head & Heart.

Comment

• IRELAND

98 (97) 34 Rain on Me

Comment

• ITALY
                                  64 (57) 38 Chromatica

LITHUANIA
                                  84 (84) 37 Chromatica

BELGIUM Wallonia
                                  178 (130) 34 Chromatica

Comment

• UK
                                    98 (92) 31 Rain on Me

This is really great since there were 19 re-entries/new entries this week above it!
                                    Last edited by Million; Fri February 19, 2021, 21:22.

Comment

• Lady Gaga's longest-running songs in the UK

1. Shallow - 96 weeks (+1)
                                      2. Poker Face - 84 wks
                                      3. Just Dance - 59 wks
                                      4. Bad Romance - 57 wks
                                      5. Telephone - 52 wks
                                      6. Paparazzi - 49 wks
                                      7. The Edge Of Glory - 43 wks
                                      8. Born This Way - 42 wks
                                      9. Rain On Me - 31 wks (+1)
                                      10. Alejandro - 26 wks

Comment

• Last edited by Million; Sat February 20, 2021, 22:07.

Comment

• France:

#158(+6) Chromatica [38 weeks]

Comment

• ViviLittleM

A bit off topic, but what’s up with the certifications on SNEP page?
                                            Not updated since 25 December 2020 or am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                              ViviLittleM

A bit off topic, but what’s up with the certifications on SNEP page?
                                              Not updated since 25 December 2020 or am I missing something?
                                              yeah it's normal, weirdly since the change with OCC, they said on twitter that they can't update certifications for now and they're working on it for it to re-start soon

Comment

• watch it going OUT just before its 40 weeks lol

Billboard 200:

#185(-27) Chromatica [38 weeks]

Comment

• Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
                                                  watch it going OUT just before its 40 weeks lol

Billboard 200:

#185(-27) Chromatica [38 weeks]
                                                  I hope it reaches at least 40 weeks on the BB200, even if it's still on the chart by a miracle.

Comment

• Billboard's ADULT CONTEMPORARY chart
                                                    The week of February 27, 2021
                                                    TW LW 2W WOC Title Artist ( Peak ) Imprint | label

14 14 14 34 Rain On Me - Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande ( 11 ) Streamline

Comment

Working...
                                                    X