Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Really? In my opinion it was huge.
    It was a big hit, Top 10, platinum or multi platinum in most countries... But not Top 10 on any country’s YEC. So it was obviously not going to make it.

If we take Mediatraffic’s YEC as a reference, (considering 7/10 in their Top 10 matched IFPI’s), ROM was #15... So I guess it’s really likely to be Top 20 on IFPI’s YEC as well. Which is amazing too.

Hope we get to know the rest of the Top 50 at some point.

By the way, IFPI is finally posting an albums YEC with streaming included this year, not pure sales only. The top 10 will be revealed today. Not expecting Chromatica there either, obvs. But I hope the rest of the Top 50 is revealed/leaked later so we have official WW figures and not only those Mediatraffic or fans accounts made up numbers.

The pure sales Top 10 will be posted on Thursday, though... where I think Chromatica is likely to appear.

Comment

• Billboard Dance/Electronic Albums
      3 (4) 40 Chromatica

Billboard Dance/Electronic Songs
      5 (5) 42 Rain On Me

Billboard Adult Contemporary Songs
      15 (14) 36 Rain On Me

Billboard Global 200
      112 (114) 26 Rain On Me

Billboard Global 200 Excl. US
      108 (116) 26 Rain On Me

Billboard Current Album Sales
      74 (71) 39 Chromatica

Comment

• Album: Chromatica
        iTunes:
        #16 Canada (+190)
        #38 United States (+3)
        Last edited by Million; Wed March 10, 2021, 13:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Yep... Up to #149 with 6.8k sold on RS chart... but not charting on BB200 this week either...
          That RS chart is very weird, like, where's The Fame in their Top 200?

Comment

• Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
            there was 0 chance
            This isn't true. Halsey's Without Me finished 16th in the UWC list but appeared at #10 on the IFPI list (ROM finished 15th on the UWC list). It turns out that IFPI has the same conversion ratio as the RIAA, giving the same weight to YouTube views and Spotify/AM streams, which's ridiculous since views can be easily manipulated and we have a very local song on this year's list to prove it. They seem to give more weight to the US charts too, that explains the fact that Without Me is on their 2019 list and Sweet But Psycho (which was way more ww) is not because WM was extremely bigger than SBP in the US. In addition to the random songs and albums they put on their lists to get likes and RT's (even if their numbers include sales in markets where a copy of an album costs less than half the value of a copy on iTunes and a subscription on local streaming platforms costs less than two dollars).

Their conversion ratio is a mess, same as RIAA's.

Comment

• Life Is Good
              IFPI: #6
              UWC: #26

Bad Guy
              IFPI: #9
              UWC: #31

The Box
              IFPI: #3
              UWC: #9

Like I said, a mess

​​​​​​​Life Is Good being on the list but not ROM which was much bigger ww, even more so when Life Is Good has one of the most shameful payolas in YouTube history, hilarious, and bad guy, bigger than ROM in 2020?

Comment

• iTunes Canada

10. Lady Gaga - Chromatica (+70)

Canada rocks!!

Comment

• Australia Radio Airplay Chart

31. (+4) Rain on Me

Comment

• Changes, bigger than Chromatica in pure sales? IFPI is a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post
                      Changes, bigger than Chromatica in pure sales? IFPI is a joke.
                      changes sold a lot in china, i think that is the reason

Comment

• Originally posted by a Star4 View Post

changes sold a lot in china, i think that is the reason
                        These random, unaudited, banana-priced sales from China are ridiculous.

Comment

• I don't know if they are counting Chinese sales... It would be reasonable to see at least 1 Chinese act in Top 10 since many of them sold like 2.5-3M digital albums.

Comment

• Well, I was expecting to see Chromatica top 10 since it has, without a doubt, shipped 800k pure sales WW (331k sold in US and close to 100k in UK alone) and that's what last year's #10 sold according to IFPI... and numbers go down year by year.

Last few years, though, many sales from Japan and South Korea weren't counted... with albums selling more than 1 million copies in Japan and not being included.

This year 7 out of 10 albums in Top 10 are from Asian artists... so those sales are obviously counted this year. Which I think is fair.

Regarding sales of China being included... Not sure. As Ander pointed out, in the event they were counted other Chinese acts would be there.

But there's definitely something fishy about "Changes" charting there... I mean, it was not Top 10 on US Soundscan YEC, which means it sold less than 283k pure sales in US. 205k in 2020, according to Oldbloke's thread.

The album performance has been really weak in almost every market. So there's no way "Changes" has sold more than 800k pure sales out of US, more than 1 million copies WW unless sales from China were counted or something like that....

Comment

• 2020 Year-End charts
                              ​​​​​US (pure sales)
                              Chromatica - 331,000
                              Changes - 205,000

Canada (pure sales)
                              Chromatica - 30,000
                              Changes - 36,000

UK
                              #22 Chromatica
                              #87 Changes

France
                              #64 Chromatica
                              OUT Changes

Germany
                              #74 Chromatica
                              OUT Changes

Australia
                              #22 Chromatica
                              #33 Changes

Italy
                              #37 Chromatica
                              #100 Changes

Ireland
                              #44 Chromatica
                              OUT Changes

Switzerland
                              #30 Chromatica
                              #93 Changes

Austria
                              #67 Chromatica
                              OUT Changes

New Zealand
                              #47 Chromatica
                              #30 Changes

Spain
                              #32 Chromatica
                              OUT Changes

Sweden
                              #86 Chromatica
                              #42 Changes

IFPI: cHaNgEs oUtSoLd!!

And as has been said, if they had added those bargain-priced sales from China, several other albums would appear in the Top 10, giving Changes no chance to appear. They're a mess.

Comment

• Edit - its a pure sales conversation my bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                  Edit - its a pure sales conversation my bad.
                                  But this list is literally about pure sales, what did you miss?

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post

But this list is literally about pure sales, what did you miss?
                                    Do you have a link to the top 10 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Do you have a link to the top 10 ?
                                      ​​Here's the mess

Comment

• King Gnu's album (#10) sold 527,221 copies in Japan in 2020 according to Oricon. I really doubt they've sold more than 20k overseas since it's a very local group. It might something with her label...

Comment

• Originally posted by AnderF10 View Post
                                          King Gnu's album (#10) sold 527,221 copies in Japan in 2020 according to Oricon. I really doubt they've sold more than 20k overseas since it's a very local group. It might something with her label...
                                          What about downloads?

Take into account that IFPI is about shipments, though.
                                          So even if physicals sold are 527k shipments might be over 600k or even more.

Which is still less than what Chromatica sold in pure sales, though...

Comment

• It would be better if they gave a breakdown of the numbers, like the total number, what number comes from physical, digital.

Comment

• ^^You're right, 435k physicals and 91k digital sales, so 600k shipped in total. But that's not the only odd thing about this rank. King & Prince's last album sold 615k (physicals) in 2020 and it's not on the list either.
                                              Last edited by AnderF10; Thu March 11, 2021, 20:09.

Comment

• Chromatica also sold more than AC/DC's Power Up (#6) in pure sales, a widespread mess.
                                                Last edited by Million; Thu March 11, 2021, 21:37.

Comment

• Top 10 Global Albums (Pure Sales) 2020
                                                  1. BTS – Map Of The Soul: 7 – 4.8 million

2. BTS – Be (Deluxe Edition) 2.7 million

3. Kenshi Yonezu – Stray Sheep – 2.5 million

4. Taylor Swift – Folklore - 2.0 million

5. Blackpink – The Album – 1.5 million

6. AC/DC – Power Up – 1.4 million

7. Justin Bieber – Changes – 1.2 million

8. BTS – Map Of The Soul: 7 – The Journey – 1.2 million

9. Arashi – This is Arashi – 1.0 million

10. King Gnu – Ceremony – 1.0 million

Not Changes with 1.2m when it sold only 200k in the US

Comment

• It doesn't seem really accurate...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X