Lady Gaga :: The “Chromatica” Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trebor View Post

When the Belgium split charts (Wallonia and Flanders) officially began they were a rolling two-weeks' chart in order not to have high entries and huge drops. Not sure whether it's still the case. Considering how deep the chart lists are, it's highly probable that this system is still in place.
    When you think about it, this type of a chart is not a bad thing at all and it would especially work well in today's streaming age. The big albums that clog the chart in their debut week with 15-20 songs wouldn't get high peaks and because those fall a lot usually during second week, with a two week rolling chart wouldn't rise much, maybe stay flat or fall a little even before dropping out.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Overall AI:

Formats: Top 40,HAC,AC,Dance

Lady Gaga - Stupid Love 43.468 (+1.628)

POP 17
      +219 spins
      -221 bullet
      +1.302 audience
      HAC 12
      +80 spins
      -59 bullet
      +0.175 audience

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
        Overall AI:

Formats: Top 40,HAC,AC,Dance

Lady Gaga - Stupid Love 43.468 (+1.628)

POP 17
        +219 spins
        -221 bullet
        +1.302 audience
        HAC 12
        +80 spins
        -59 bullet
        +0.175 audience
        Did it lose on spot on pop?

Comment

• Originally posted by chosensparkles View Post

Did it lose on spot on pop?
          Yep.
          Say So had a huge update today and it surpassed it.

I've read that some songs ahead are going recurrent so it should jump to Top 15 in a few days.

Comment

• Swiss Singles Charts

27 (6) 2 Stupid Love

I actually expected a worse drop considering it was very low on Spotify and took ages to recover from deleting the single version on iTunes. Nothing to worry about yet.

Comment

• Spotify Canada

30. Stupid Love (+13)

Comment

• Originally posted by ThomasOliveira View Post
                Spotify Canada

30. Stupid Love (+13)
                Global - 39 (=)
                UK - #22 (=)
                Australia - #32 (-1)
                US - #70 (+7) (28 Lil Uzi Vert songs above)

Comment

• Spotify Charts (14/03/2020)

39 (=) - Global (1,900,925 streams)

70 (+7) - US (448,904 streams)
                  22 (=) - UK (176,653 streams)

30 (+13) - Canada
                  32 (-1) - Australia (93,372 streams)
                  37 (-2) - Ireland
                  47 (=) - Finland
                  49 (=) - New Zealand
                  52 (+2) - Belgium
                  54 (+4) - Norway
                  62 (+3) - Switzerland
                  66 (=) - Portugal
                  73 (-3) - Japan
                  80 (-4) - Sweden
                  92 (-23) - Brazil
                  94 (+6) - Austria
                  96 (-5) - France
                  105 (+15) - Germany (102,264 streams)
                  107 (+7) - Denmark
                  117 (+1) - Italy
                  129 (-12) - Mexico (121,584 streams)
                  142 (-3) - Netherlands

Spotify Update (14/03/2020)

47,733,961 (+1,966,356) - Stupid Love

Last edited by Kevinmakeme; Sun March 15th, 2020, 18:55.

Comment

• iTunes Austria:
                    #11 Stupid Love (+3)

AM Austria:
                    #20 Stupid Love (+6) new peak

Shazam Austria:
                    #29 Stupid Love (+3) new peak

Comment

• Simon updated his predictions... down to #31 now. i hate her team for not promoting.
                      “https://t.co/9ObLNtxAE0”

Comment

• ^ WTF is her team doing, i know this isn’t the best song for general audience. Interscope is sabotaging her career for a long time. This needs to stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChromaticaGa View Post
                          Simon updated his predictions... down to #31 now. i hate her team for not promoting.
                          Coronavirus, being socially conscious and responsible right now by avoiding public events and masses is more important now than some song’s promotion and chart placement.

unfortunately this is a terrible time to start a new era, she should IMO postpone everything.
                          Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon March 16th, 2020, 01:04.
                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• I partially agree, but something could be done. It doesn’t need to be a physical promotion (performances, interviews...). Radio deals and streaming services deals. The consumption of music digitally never stopped and with this current problem, people have more time in quarantine in home.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChromaticaGa View Post
                              Simon updated his predictions... down to #31 now. i hate her team for not promoting.
                              Wow what a front loaded mess of a single! Hopefully her collaboration with ARI will do better.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Coronavirus, being socially conscious and responsible right now by avoiding public events and masses is more important now than some song’s promotion and chart placement.

unfortunately this is a terrible time to start a new era, she should IMO postpone everything.
                                Blaming it to the Coronavirus now?!

Comment

• Originally posted by DavieX View Post

Wow what a front loaded mess of a single! Hopefully her collaboration with ARI will do better.
                                  Don't celebrate too soon, SL will rise again.

Comment

Well it’s definitely gonna affect the promotional campaign of the album. I’ve also read on Twitter that some people got their preorders cancelled

Comment

Gaga hasn't even left home since the launch of SL, she hasn't performed anywhere and interviews she would give in person, she had to do by call because of this pandemic... This will clearly affect the performance of the single & album since Gaga is a performance artist and has always released her stuff on TV and radio, which she isn't able to do now. Making fun of something serious is nothing funny, honey.

Last edited by Million; Mon March 16th, 2020, 05:24.

Comment

• While it is true that Coronavirus will have an impact on the album campaign, I don't think it's affecting "Stupid Love" in a significant way. Yes, Gaga is a performance driven artist. But we're also in the big year of 2020. TV promo is not even half as important as it used to be. Quite frankly, I doubt the song would rise on Billboard even if she went on Ellen to perform. Nowadays all you need is playlist support and strong social media presence (TikTok, for example).

However, the tour will most likely be affected. Even if it's months away, I don't think people are exactly eager to buy concert tickets right now. And that will most likely affect her first-week sales due to the bundle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post
                                          Gaga hasn't even left home since the launch of SL, she hasn't performed anywhere and interviews she would give in person, she had to do by call because of this pandemic... This will clearly affect the performance of the single & album since Gaga is a performance artist and has always released her stuff on TV and radio, which she isn't able to do now. Making fun of something serious is nothing funny, honey.

Wait, who is making fun of something serious? Me? I wasn't the one that brought up the Coronavirus in a forum about music and blaming the lackluster first single performance on it.

Comment

• DavieX
                                            Each and every one of your posts in this thread has been trolling or flamebating and you were already warned about it.
                                            Stop messing the thread.

Comment

• UK Midweeks (Sunday)
                                              13 Stupid Love

Airplay support in UK is really helping.
                                              Another week in Top 20 seems on lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                                While it is true that Coronavirus will have an impact on the album campaign, I don't think it's affecting "Stupid Love" in a significant way. Yes, Gaga is a performance driven artist. But we're also in the big year of 2020. TV promo is not even half as important as it used to be. Quite frankly, I doubt the song would rise on Billboard even if she went on Ellen to perform. Nowadays all you need is playlist support and strong social media presence (TikTok, for example).

However, the tour will most likely be affected. Even if it's months away, I don't think people are exactly eager to buy concert tickets right now. And that will most likely affect her first-week sales due to the bundle.
                                                In addition to the leak a month before the official release, Coronavirus will have a big impact on the performance of the single, because even though performances aren't as impactful for the charts as they were 10 years ago, Gaga is an artist that with each performance made, there is a huge impact on iTunes, and although digital sales are dying, they now have a bigger weight for the Hot 100, valuing artists who still sell decently pure sales. The virus is preventing her from making public appearances weeks before the release of her new album, let alone performances. Also, about the tour, all dates are very close to sell out, she has a demand to fill stadiums wherever she wants at this point of her career, even if people are avoiding frequenting large crowds and even if they are afraid of an almost official postponement of shows due to medical precautions.

Comment

• GREECE
                                                  10 (12) 2 Stupid Love

Another official Top 10!
                                                  (And another unexpected climb on 2nd week!)

In case anyone is wondering, it's a sales+streaming chart, not a sales only chart.

Comment

• she already did radio deal and had streaming support on first week. there's nothing she can do when she already had huge exposure. people simply not into this that much. y'all always over exaggerate promotion.. nothing will help this at this point.

US number is not good
                                                    But at least she's doing good in UK. stabilized in spotify. low drop compare to othes.

second week spotify UK
                                                    224,670 (-34.2%)
                                                    188,381 (-27.6%)
                                                    172,165 (-17.5%)
                                                    179,484 (-24.6%)
                                                    183,144 (-18.7%)
                                                    181,901 (-12.6%)
                                                    176,226 (-14%)
                                                    week total :1,305,971 (-28.2%)

third week spotify UK
                                                    #22 188,615 (-16%)
                                                    #22 176,653 (-6.2%)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X