Lady Gaga :: The “Chromatica” Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Million View Post
    Where did you see Free Woman as the new single? Could you bring it to us? Thanks.
    That’s what Fnac France posted on the Vinyl description... (Now the page has gone).

And Free Woman is the rumoured track on the Perignon video to be released tomorrow...

But it’s unclear whether it’s going to be a single only in France or somewhere else...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevinmakeme View Post
      I would rather see her releasing with this remix album, a single of a remixed version of 'Free Woman' featuring a female artist (ex. Dua Lipa) than this pointless collaborations on every song. I'm talking about a real single treatment and not the '911' type of single treatment.
      Right?! Gaga's manager live in a bubble.

How are these cheap remixes a good step for an album that has had a bad promotion and is turning one year old? If this remix album hits 5M on the first day, it will already be a feat.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
        Oh I thought I read on one of the other previous pages that it was the new single. I must have been confused. Sorry. I thought someone mentioned about it being remixed and featuring another artist.
        I definitely read something about Free Woman being a single too recently. A member in here mentioned it. Maybe it was on the page that got deleted.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          I definitely read something about Free Woman being a single too recently. A member in here mentioned it. Maybe it was on the page that got deleted.
          Originally posted by nympho View Post
          That’s what Fnac France posted on the Vinyl description... (Now the page has gone).

And Free Woman is the rumoured track on the Perignon video to be released tomorrow...

But it’s unclear whether it’s going to be a single only in France or somewhere else...

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

I doubt that they will send it to French radio or put it on the main playlists in the country, so it won't be a single. Also, we don't even know if this video will be uploaded on her channel.

Comment

• Yeah I was the one posting about free woman being called the new single by FNAC. Also I said that Polydor always gives the informations to fnac, it's really possible it'll be a single in France but it would be really really weird as 911 wasn't even played on radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
                Yeah I was the one posting about free woman being called the new single by FNAC. Also I said that Polydor always gives the informations to fnac, it's really possible it'll be a single in France but it would be really really weird as 911 wasn't even played on radio.
                911 was only a single in Italy, and there the song was a hit on the radio, reaching #8 and being the 10th most played international song in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post

911 was only a single in Italy, and there the song was a hit on the radio, reaching #8 and being the 10th most played international song in 2020.
                  Well, it was also serviced to radio in France and Germany.
                  iirc, it charted at #97 on German Airplay chart for a week.
                  French radios ignored it.

So Italy was the only one giving it proper single treatment, and as a result it’s Gold there and the album had a great chart run...

Comment

• Traumatica still charting in France at #179

Comment

• SPAIN
                      42 (42) 44 Chromatica

It matches BTW's number of weeks on the Spanish albums chart.
                      Next one to surpass is Joane (54 wks) to become her 3rd longest charting album here behind ASIB and TF/TFM.

Comment

• UK Midweeks
                        100 (Re) Rain On Me

Comment

• As I thought, nothing but an ad to increase the digits of her bank account ​​​​​​​

Comment

• I don’t understand why she treated this era like this in the end. What’s the point of putting all that filming effort and time for an ad and not completing a music video?

She could have done like a double visual release of this, one short version for the ad and a longer version with with the same visuals plus a few more scenes for the music video version, it wasn’t that hard to do considering she was already there on set.
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• 4/10/21 Billboard charts:

Top Current Albums
                              TW LW 2W WOC TITLE PEAK

89 76 59 43 Chromatica, Lady Gaga 1

Comment

• They have probably filmed more than enough material for that ad. They could at least make a pretty visualizer with that.
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                  I don’t understand why she treated this era like this in the end. What’s the point of putting all that filming effort and time for an ad and not completing a music video?

She could have done like a double visual release of this, one short version for the ad and a longer version with with the same visuals plus a few more scenes for the music video version, it wasn’t that hard to do considering she was already there on set.
                                  To think that this ad was recorded at the same time as Stupid Love and was only released now, a year later.
                                  Lady Gaga's the synonym for postponement.

Comment

• And yes, she could have easily used that footage for a video for a new single, but since ARTPOP she no longer puts her music as her foreground.

Look, this sh!t is fire! What a waste.

Comment

• Omg, imagine the slayage Stupid Love could've done if this visual was the official video.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• CZECH REPUBLIC
                                        66 (86) 38 Chromatica

SLOVAKIA
                                        78 (100) 36 Chromatica

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• nympho
                                              nympho commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Both posted on previous page. Please, always check first.
                                              I guess Chartgaga reads this thread or it's one of our fellow Ukmixers... cause that's exactly the info about BTW I posted... So hi!!

• IFPI 2020
                                            18. Chromatica

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisGaga View Post
                                              IFPI 2020
                                              18. Chromatica

So as expected, Top 20 worldwide on total units YEC. Not bad for a messy era with no promo..

It will probably be Top 15 on the pure sales chart... Hope we get that one too. I've seen on Twitter BTS fans account talking about other BTS album at #14... so I guess it's out there somewhere too.

A pitty we don't get numbers with this Top 20. Considering IFPI mentioned in their report Future Nostalgia was at 3.3 million total units, I guess Chromatica was definitely between 2-2.5 million units for IFPI's 2020 YEC.

Comment

• Lady Gaga’s “Chromatica,” at 11,000 copies. Her latest release is reissued on translucent yellow vinyl, “with a 28 page book, collectible zine and never-before-seen Gaga images and artwork.”
                                                https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/re...ity&soc_trk=tw

limited to 11k copies released for RSD coming June 12th
                                                Last edited by Moella; Wed April 7, 2021, 20:31.

Comment

• 11k copies released for RSD coming on June 12th

Comment

Working...
                                                  X