Clear All

• Originally posted by Moella View Post

11k copies released for RSD coming on June 12th
    Those are WW numbers ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post

Those are WW numbers ?
      I assume yes but it’s a big number I guess

in other news black trifold vinyl got restocked on her US, Canadian, and Japanese stores.
      https://shop.ladygaga.com/products/c...-trifold-vinyl

Comment

• Oricon stated that Rain on me had 1.25B streams in 2020

Comment

• Chromatica's pure sales in 2020 according to IFPI (if anyone cares): 560k

Comment

• Originally posted by Moella View Post

11k copies released for RSD coming on June 12th
            Only 11k printed on colored vinyl for the entire world while black vinyl edition sold out in all her stores around the world in half an hour?

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post
              Chromatica's pure sales in 2020 according to IFPI (if anyone cares): 560k

Well... That figure seems really off...

On Soundscan US YEC it was at 331k pure sales.
              30k in Canadian pure sales YEC.
              33k in Japan. (25,596 physical + 7,334 digital)
              394k already only with those 3 confirmed with official figures.
              166k rest of the whole world.

We don’t have a pure sales confirmed figure for UK, but it sold 14k cassettes according to an OCC article... and it was one of the best sellers of the year in pure sales. So we can assume that out of the 122k units it moved in 2020 in UK, probably around 70-75k will be pure sales.

So 470k from those 4 countries... and 90k from the rest of the world? And that’s shipped copies!

There’s no way this album has shipped less than 700k pure sales worldwide, being completely objective.

I’ve always been really supportive to IFPI as the best indicator for official WW figures... even when there’s been many mistakes these past years. But this year it’s been A MESS. Those Bieber mega inflated sales and now this...

Comment

• Maybe Gaga should fire Bobby and hire Scooter

Comment

• 560k is a DISAPPOINTMENT, yikes

Comment

• Originally posted by CRYPTIQUE View Post
                    560k is a DISAPPOINTMENT, yikes
                    Yep. But 560k is not real.
                    And it’s not fans being delusional... it’s simple maths.

Anyway, you have to look at the position and not the figure cause pure sales are in the pits for everyone. It’s #19 on pure sales, which is better than Joanne’s position (#22) with all the promo that album had. And that considering many Asian acts weren’t included then and they’re now.

And most importantly, what matters is the SPS YEC, and it’s #18 there which is great too, all things considered.

Comment

• Anyway, are we sure those charts leaking are real?? Where did they come from? Some website posted them?
                      Cause all I’ve seen on Twitter are BTS accounts posting those pics.

Why a Top 20 leaking and not the full Top 50 as it happened when it leaked on previous years?

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Well... That figure seems really off...

On Soundscan US YEC it was at 331k pure sales.
                        30k in Canadian pure sales YEC.
                        33k in Japan. (25,596 physical + 7,334 digital)
                        394k already only with those 3 confirmed with official figures.
                        166k rest of the whole world.

We don’t have a pure sales confirmed figure for UK, but it sold 14k cassettes according to an OCC article... and it was one of the best sellers of the year in pure sales. So we can assume that out of the 122k units it moved in 2020 in UK, probably around 70-75k will be pure sales.

So 470k from those 4 countries... and 90k from the rest of the world? And that’s shipped copies!

There’s no way this album has shipped less than 700k pure sales worldwide, being completely objective.

I’ve always been really supportive to IFPI as the best indicator for official WW figures... even when there’s been many mistakes these past years. But this year it’s been A MESS. Those Bieber mega inflated sales and now this...
                        Let’s not forget that the album sold 36,300 pure copies in France in 2020 according to charts in France net! Also we have Germany where the album strayed 3 weeks at top 10 (same as France) so the sales there are definitely over 20k too

Comment

• ^
                          Amazing...
                          So close to 510k pure sales with US, Canada, Japan, France and UK... But 560k pure sales worldwide according to IFPI.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I still have doubts it’s not fake until I see the source of those Top 20s...

Comment

Anyway, are we sure those charts leaking are real?? Where did they come from? Some website posted them?

Why a Top 20 leaking and not the full Top 50 as it happened when it leaked on previous years?
                            This year was the first year that they didn't show sales of the best-selling singles of the year in millions of units, but in billions of streams, so I believe that other changes have occurred besides this one.

Anyway, their numbers are far from accurate. Without those fake and cheap sales from China that no one takes seriously, Chromatica's in the Top 10 on both charts, an extraordinary result taking into account the poor promotion that she did for this album.

Comment

• Just a reminder that, as AnderF10 pointed out back in the day, Chromatica was not available to download on Chinese platforms, just for streaming as her label decided.
                              So she had a big disadvantage when compared to those other artists with Chinese sales counted.

Comment

Anyway, are we sure those charts leaking are real?? Where did they come from? Some website posted them?

The Data and Analysis for 2020 Report features:
                                • IFPI Global Charts, including top 20 global artists, global digital single, global all format album and global album sales

https://gmr.ifpi.org/about-the-report

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post

The Data and Analysis for 2020 Report features:
                                  • IFPI Global Charts, including top 20 global artists, global digital single, global all format album and global album sales

https://gmr.ifpi.org/about-the-report
                                  So despite charging thousands of dollars for the report, they lowered the different charts from a Top 50 to a Top 20 this year?

Comment

• Not 15k Pounds
                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• It would be interesting if they revealed a top 100 at least considering that they’re charging thousands of dollars

Comment

Yep. But 560k is not real.
                                        And it’s not fans being delusional... it’s simple maths.

Anyway, you have to look at the position and not the figure cause pure sales are in the pits for everyone. It’s #19 on pure sales, which is better than Joanne’s position (#22) with all the promo that album had. And that considering many Asian acts weren’t included then and they’re now.

And most importantly, what matters is the SPS YEC, and it’s #18 there which is great too, all things considered.
                                        it did great compared to JOANNE globally.. but it followed ASIB which pulled a #4 & #4 in 2018&2019, Shallow #8 and Gaga herself inside top10 for 2018 & 2019

personally, I'm disappointed.. but then again Gaga cared more about product placements and sponsorships now, quite sad

Comment

it did great compared to JOANNE globally.. but it followed ASIB which pulled a #4 & #4 in 2018&2019, Shallow #8 and Gaga herself inside top10 for 2018 & 2019

personally, I'm disappointed.. but then again Gaga cared more about product placements and sponsorships now, quite sad
                                          Even if heavily promoted she was never going to have the same level of success with her new album than with ASIB...

So it's not like she fell from the Top 10 to out of Top 50... she is Top 20 both on sales and SPS charts despite ignoring and not promoting her album.

I mean, Ariana's latest album is not in Top 20... she's doing great.

Comment

I think you forgot that ASIB literally had a blockbuster movie to promote the soundtrack. Everyone was already aware that Chromatica wouldn't perform at the level of ASIB (which's one of the biggest albums of the past decade), so I don't know why you keep repeating that you're upset about it like a scratched record.

Comment

• The days of pure sales are over so we should look at how Chromatica did on SPS charts and top 20 placement is great considering she dropped the album and left the building
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Even if heavily promoted she was never going to have the same level of success with her new album than with ASIB...

So it's not like she fell from the Top 10 to out of Top 50... she is Top 20 both on sales and SPS charts despite ignoring and not promoting her album.

I mean, Ariana's latest album is not in Top 20... she's doing great.
                                                "Chromatica" was released in May and "Positions" in October, so why do you bring up Ariana?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel X View Post

"Chromatica" was released in May and "Positions" in October, so why do you bring up Ariana?
                                                  Well, Blackpink's album was released in October and it's at #12... And BTS' Be in November and it's #4...

I brought Ariana as an example of a female younger artist that's having hit after hit and in her peak right now but her album was not Top 20 and that's not "disappointing" as Cryptique said...

Comment

• Originally posted by AnderF10 View Post
                                                    Oricon stated that Rain on me had 1.25B streams in 2020
                                                    i wonder how big it did with the IFPI streaming-weight conversion

Comment

Working...
                                                    X