X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Actually folklore more like 60-70k

Comment

• Originally posted by AnderF10 View Post

"Officially" yes, cause we don't have acess to Oricon numbers, unless the album chart inside their Top 50... I think that that the biggest western releases this decade (besides Chromatica) are folklore, = and An Evening with Silk Sonic.

folklore (26,665 P + 9,159 D as of march 2021 = 35,824 pure sales)
      = (26,836 P + 8,133 D as of february 2022 = 34,969 pure sales) ~60k units as of february 2022
      An Evening with Silk Sonic (36,431 P + 9,783 D as of april 2022 = 46,214 pure sales) 66k units as of last week

The big difference is that Chromatica had a huge hit in Japan.

I think that that folklore and = are at 70-80k by now, but just a roughly estimation.
      It did extremely well in Japan, then.

Reading this, with no western act except Gaga reaching 100k units -let alone 100k physicals- in the last three years, it’s insane Oricon has not downgraded their certification levels yet or established a new lower level for foreign acts certifications.
      Although what they should finally do is certify albums based on total activity, as not even local acts are selling physicals that well anymore.

Comment

• BILLBOARD JAPAN HOT ALBUMS CHART:

47 (35) 22 Chromatica

BILLBOARD JAPAN TOP PHYSICAL ALBUM SALES:

39 (29) 15 Chromatica 1,137 copies

BILLBOARD JAPAN TOP DOWNLOAD ALBUMS:

53 (25) 25 Chromatica

Another week in Top 50 on the combo chart and Top 40 on Album Sales! Amazing result.

Comment

• JAPAN (ORICON) TOP 300 PHYSICAL ALBUM SALES:

110 (34) Chromatica (Japan Tour Edition) 381 copies [1,867 total; PK #34]

Comment

• How is it possible such a big difference this week between Oricon and Billboard physical albums charts positions?

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
              How is it possible such a big difference this week between Oricon and Billboard physical albums charts positions?
              Billboard probably merges all versions together while Oricon keeps them separate.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post

Billboard probably merges all versions together while Oricon keeps them separate.
                Last week on Oricon Physical Albums Chromatica Tour Edition sold 1,486 copies.
                On Billboard Physical Albums, Chromatica sold 1,420.

So, basically the same, 66 copies more on Oricon.

This week the difference between both charts is 756 copies... !!!

Not only is that last week those copies, supposedly from the Chromatica regular edition, weren't there, as figures were pretty similar... But also, if the regular Chromatica was selling that much, it would be charting as well on Oricon physicals chart on its own. (In fact, much higher than the Tour Version which only sold 381)

So, I don't think that's the reason. I think clearly one of the two is wrong.

Comment

• Just checked for other albums and there are differences for all. Maybe some stores report only for oricon/billboard or maybe the tracking period is slightly different. I also believe the tour edition is very limited since it sold out in her store days ago..

Comment

• Yes, it happens all the time. Probably something about tracking period. Billboard charts are weird...

Comment

• SPAIN
                      73 (Re) Chromatica

Certified GOLD.

YAAAAAAAASSSSS! Finally!!
                      Don’t know why the hell it re-entered this week, but thanks to that we finally know it was certified Gold!

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                        SPAIN
                        73 (Re) Chromatica

Certified GOLD.

YAAAAAAAASSSSS! Finally!!
                        Don’t know why the hell it re-entered this week, but thanks to that we finally know it was certified Gold!
                        Great ! I'm sure that Joanne is also Gold eligible in Spain

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisGaga View Post

Great ! I'm sure that Joanne is also Gold eligible in Spain
                          With that chart-run, definitely. It left the chart with just like 2-3k copies left to Gold.
                          A shame we don't have a database so once out of chart we don't get to know albums and songs' certifications.

ASIB must be Platinum in here by now, and obviously TF/TFM would have an updated certification too.

Comment

• Chromatica certifications:

BRAZIL: PLATINUM
                            CANADA: GOLD
                            FRANCE: GOLD
                            ITALY: PLATINUM
                            NORWAY: GOLD
                            POLAND: GOLD
                            SPAIN: GOLD
                            SWITZERLAND: GOLD
                            UK : GOLD

Countries where it's not certified at all but it should have been certified long time ago:
                            Platinum eligible in US
                            Gold eligible in Australia

I think it must be Gold eligible in Belgium as well.

It's Gold in Canada, but it's Platinum eligible for quite some time.
                            Close to Platinum in France. Should get there in a few months/next year.

Comment

• I wonder why Gaga didn't come to Italy with the Chromatica Ball Tour. She could have easily sold out San Siro Meazza Stadium in Milan and the album could have climbed back on the Italian FIMI chart.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X