X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho View Post

On 1st day it was played every hour on iheart radio stations, I think.

And no promo announced so far.
    Thanks.

Hightly unlikely but i hope she performs it on a Late Night Show soon. Then close to album release, a performance on SNL, Today Show and Ellen Show would be perfect but i guess it's too much to expect

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho View Post
    Spotify charts

Global - #6 - 4,239,676

US - #2
    Brazil - #5
    UK - #6
    Canada - #8
    Australia - #29
    Still good(especially US) but that play counter really set different expectations

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I have two questions. Does she have a radio deal in US? Any promo planned for the song?
    On 1st day it was played every hour on iheart radio stations, I think.

And no promo announced so far.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I have two questions. Does she have a radio deal in US? Any promo planned for the song?

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Spotify charts

Global - #6 - 4,239,676

US - #2
    Brazil - #5
    UK - #6
    Canada - #8
    Australia - #29

Leave a comment:

• Swimmingbritney
    replied
    Enters 6 on Spotify charts with 4.2 million plays

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Really good debut. But with those placements it shouldn't have been much lower anyway. Youtube numbers are great as well though. If she doesn't fall hard during the week she could be looking at nice debuts ww. A Star Is Born did wonders for her profile, a great career move. I feel like if the song was better she could be doing bigger numbers even but maybe the GP likes it and it can be another hit for her
    It's the first time she has so much support from Spotify... and that helped A LOT. About time they supported her… Hope it lasts.

But being #1 on TTH's and NMF playlist doesn't guarantee these streams and a Top 10 debut.

Just as an example, Katy Perry's lastest three singles had huge Spotify support, two of them being cover and #1 on release day on both TTHs and NMF (the 3rd one being cover and #1 in NMF, "only" #4 in TTHs) and they had much lower debuts...

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Why is this constantly being compared with "Perfect Illusion" performance ... Two very different situations, when she released "Perfect Illusion" she was coming from a fiasco messy era ("Artpop") that declined her demand and chart power and put her career under a negative light, in consequence for the following lead single ("Perfect Illusion") many people had moved on and were over her and her opening numbers were affected.

This time with "Stupid Love" it's the opposite way, she's following the "Shallow" smash + "A Star Is Born" era (which is basically the biggest era she's had since like 2011?) In addition of just winning an Oscar and giving a turn to her career. OBVIOUSLY after you win an Oscar and follow a big era your hype will be bigger as the GP will be curious to hear what "the Oscar winner" has to offer later , so (not surprisingly in any sense) this was always going to pull better first week streaming numbers than "Perfect Illusion" (worth mentioning that streaming has increased a lot since 2016) .... But none of this is because the song is good or anything it's because of the hype effect of her previous era and previous career moves of the last couple years .... Once the short-lived hype fades this will be dead on arrival by week 2 or 3 though.

Regarding the comparisons with Perfect Illusion: it's the lead single from her previous studio album, so it's OBVIOUSLY going to be compared with the lead single of her new álbum. As you've done with other artists dozens of times.

I've posted other of her singles debuts as well.

Obviously the ASIB era gave a huge boost to her career, nobody can deny that… But regarding the Oscar winning… you should look at every year's best song winners and please tell me which one of them had a huge boost on their next era just because of that victory... (Not even going to mention what you posted on the song's thread that it should be #1 in Hot 100 because of that… I see what you're doing there ). I guess we can expect Elton John's next single to be #1 on Hot 100 then!

Anyway, you, and some others, wanted to see her fall after the ASIB success… and you kept repeating how terrible this single is and that no one liked it. Now, after seeing the first YouTube and Spotify numbers, suddenly… "it was expected" because of the ASIB and it's only because of hype.
    Maybe it's hyped and in a couple of weeks it's down the charts... who knows!? Could be. It'll depend on radio support and if Spotify's playlist support continues. But, so far, people is loving it. You like it or not. And, at least, it'll have nice debuts on charts... which you said many times is what people remember at the end of the day, not longevity… remember?

Won't even lose time with your last subjective sentences.

Ans yes, streaming increased a lot since 2016... but for everybody, which is reflected on the position on spotifycharts. And it's going to be her first Top 10 debut (top 5 maybe). The streaming growth, though, won't make you jump from 2 million to 5 million streams.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Really good debut. But with those placements it shouldn't have been much lower anyway. Youtube numbers are great as well though. If she doesn't fall hard during the week she could be looking at nice debuts ww. A Star Is Born did wonders for her profile, a great career move. I feel like if the song was better she could be doing bigger numbers even but maybe the GP likes it and it can be another hit for her

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Why is this constantly being compared with "Perfect Illusion" performance ... Two very different situations, when she released "Perfect Illusion" she was coming from a fiasco messy era ("Artpop") that declined her demand and chart power and put her career under a negative light, in consequence for the following lead single ("Perfect Illusion") many people had moved on and were over her and her opening numbers were affected.

This time with "Stupid Love" it's the opposite way, she's following the "Shallow" smash + "A Star Is Born" era (which is basically the biggest era she's had since like 2011?) In addition of just winning an Oscar and giving a turn to her career. OBVIOUSLY after you win an Oscar and follow a big era your hype will be bigger as the GP will be curious to hear what "the Oscar winner" has to offer later , so (not surprisingly in any sense) this was always going to pull better first week streaming numbers than "Perfect Illusion" (worth mentioning that streaming has increased a lot since 2016) .... But none of this is because the song is good or anything it's because of the hype effect of her previous era and previous career moves of the last couple years .... Once the short-lived hype fades this will be dead on arrival by week 2 or 3 though.

Leave a comment:

• Swimmingbritney
    replied
    Yeah I would probably say 5.1 million for Spotify charts, awesome debuts

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied

Spotify
    Stupid Love - 5,651,590

The numbers on Spotifycharts.com will be lower, as usual, but it seems it could debut in Top 5 global.

Shallow debuted at #54 with 1.6 million
    The Cure at #71 with 0.9 million
    Million Reasons at #122 with 0.5 million
    Perfect Illusion at #24 with 2 million

She’s smashing.

Leave a comment:

• VoReason
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevinmakeme View Post

what this means? It did +6M?

so basically, her streams have increased by 7m a day between Thursday and Friday.

cant say for definite what the song did from it, given that her catalogue will get a boost, but.. looking good I’d say.

Leave a comment:

• Kevinmakeme
    replied

what this means? It did +6M?

Leave a comment:

• MusicLover88
    replied
    Doing great.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Great first airplay update!

No we just need the Spotify update to be good.

I guess this may be her first lead single to debut inside the Top10 on the Hot 100 since "Applause". Fingers crossed!

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied

POP

0 32 LADY GAGA Stupid Love 1703 0 1703 11.4

+1703 Spins

+1703 Bullet

+11.400 Audience

HAC

0 29 LADY GAGA Stupid Love 641 0 641 4.574

+641 Spins

+641 Bullet

+4.574 Audience

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    The music video had 9.5 million views on first day!

It’s at 10.4M right now.

Most viewed videos in the past 24 hours | 2020-02-29
    Most viewed videos in the past 24 hours | 2020-02-29
    (ENGLISH)

No small countries:

Stupid Love
    iTunes (58x #1):
    #1 United States
    #1 United Kingdom
    #1 Australia
    #1 Austria
    #1 Belgium
    #1 Brazil
    #1 Canada
    #1 Denmark
    #1 France
    #1 Germany
    #1 Hong Kong
    #1 Ireland
    #1 Italy
    #1 Mexico
    #1 Netherlands
    #1 New Zealand
    #1 Norway
    #1 Singapore
    #1 Spain
    #1 Switzerland
    #1 Taiwan
    #1 Turkey
    #2 Russia
    #2 South Africa
    #4 India
    #4 Indonesia
    #4 Thailand

Apple Music:
    #1 Brazil
    #4 Ireland
    #8 Netherlands
    #11 United Kingdom
    #12 Mexico
    #13 Switzerland
    #15 Italy
    #16 Canada
    #18 Norway
    #20 Australia
    #21 Spain
    #22 New Zealand
    #23 Belgium
    #23 Denmark
    #27 Germany
    #30 Austria
    #39 Russia
    #40 Turkey
    #45 Indonesia
    #49 Thailand
    #50 United States
    #58 South Africa
    #78 France
    #153 India

Brazil stanning hard!

Leave a comment:

• Kevinmakeme
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kevinmakeme
    replied

I predict 4,5M streams on Spotify tomorrow (I would love for more). What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Kevinmakeme; Fri February 28, 2020, 23:46.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by NoirPhoenix View Post
    While the song is ok-ish for me, I’m excited for a new era and what it seems a return to dance/pop.

Does she have promo for this week? The video is getting viral for the memes/gifs but YouTube and iTunes mean nothing now.

Can’t wait for the streaming numbers tomorrow, I see it at least doing 1XP in the USA.
    Well… iTunes is irrelevant to a certain extent.
    Digital sales are at an all time low, but if you're #1 on iTunes and selling 80% more than the #2... it surely will help on charts.

And YouTube is also counted for charts in US, UK, Canada… and it's doing great so far. 7 million right now and still 6 hours left for the first day.
    It could actually reach 9 million on first 24 hours, which is twice what PI's did on 1st day.

Leave a comment:

• NoirPhoenix
    replied
    While the song is ok-ish for me, I’m excited for a new era and what it seems a return to dance/pop.

Does she have promo for this week? The video is getting viral for the memes/gifs but YouTube and iTunes mean nothing now.

Can’t wait for the streaming numbers tomorrow, I see it at least doing 1XP in the USA.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Worldwide iTunes Song Chart - 2020/02/28
    1 NEW Lady Gaga - Stupid Love
    European iTunes Song Chart - 2020/02/28
    1 NEW Lady Gaga - Stupid Love
    Worldwide Apple Music Song Chart - 2020/02/28
    13 NEW Lady Gaga - Stupid Love
    European Apple Music Song Chart - 2020/02/28
    10 NEW Lady Gaga - Stupid Love
    #1 on iTunes in 61 countries right now.

Leave a comment:

• Swimmingbritney
    replied
    I think she will do between 70k and 100k on iTunes this week, if she keeps at least double over the 2nd place as they will probably do around 30k
    I’m interested in how she does streaming wise, music video is up to 5.1 million views and is the 1 trending music video, I think in the first full tracking week it could reach 40 million perhaps, it’s moving up Apple Music,
    I am going to predict this will enter at 4 on billboard hot 100 next week, radio will eat it up this week and that will help

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    How is this doing on Amazon?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X