X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Million View Post
    apart from the fact that Perfect Illusion was already eligible for Gold months before it was, in fact, certified as gold in the US. So, this song didn't flop and it didn't even take a year to become eligible for gold, it's not the fault of Gaga's songs if her label isn't like most big labels, which are concerned with updating their artists' songs as soon as they become eligible for new levels of certification.
    Yeah exactly. Just because a song gets certified on certain date (in US) doesn’t mean the song just got eligible at that specific moment... sometimes songs spent months and even years being eligible before getting any type of certification. Certifications are NOT automatic in USA.

Leave a comment:

• Kevinmakeme
    replied
    ^ We all believe...

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Oops yeah i got mixed up. And yes then I am sure SC would have gone a lot higher than 33 with a full release, video etc.

And PI was alreadt at 95 in its 5th week on the chart. Don't think it spent another week on it after that. It flopped on release. Great that it got certified Gold later cos of streaming but as I said, that doesn't change it's chartrun or success.
    Last edited by InFamous; Thu December 3, 2020, 12:45.

Leave a comment:

• Million
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Sour Candy was released as a promo single for the album and had a nice peak of no 17. Black Pink are not that huge in the US that it was going to do much more than that, even with a music video. Check how Ice Cream with Selena performed for reference, even with a video. Sour Candy did it's job on streaming and there was no point to release it again just for it to peak a few places higher on the hot 100.

Also, Perfect Illusion did flop on it's chartrun on release. IT spent only 5 weeks on the hot 100 if i recall correctly and wasn't certified GOLD until over a year after it's release. So yeah the song definitely flopped. Release in Sept 2016, certified gold in October 2017. That is not a hit and does not change it's original chartrun in any way. In contrast Rain on Me was released in May of this year and was already certified Platinum by August, just over three months after it's release. That was a big hit, Perfect Illusion not so much.
    Sour Candy didn't peak at #17 in the US, it was in the UK, in the US this song peaked at #33 even losing its first official day of sales and no video. Ice Cream performed well in the US chart, as it became eligible for Gold in just two months.

I believe you forgot that Sour Candy is the biggest BLACKPINK hit in the following countries:

Australia (#8)
    Austria (#42)
    Czech Republic (#20)
    Estonia (#8)
    Finland (#15)
    ​​​​​​France (#62)
    Greece (#10)
    Hungary (Streaming) (#8)
    Ireland (#11)
    Italy (#46)
    Lithuania (#5)
    Malaysia (#1)
    Netherlands (#52)
    New Zealand (#12)
    Portugal (#24)
    Singapore (#1)
    Slovakia (#20)
    Spain (#46)
    Sweden (#49)
    Switzerland (#30)
    UK (#17)

All this without an official video and losing its first day of sales and streams because it was released on a Thursday. It was also the biggest hit of BLACKPINK's career in the US until the release of Ice Cream, which had a video. Sour Candy is literally the biggest worldwide hit of BLACKPINK's career, and all this without a video, imagine if this song was released as an official single with a video? Surely it would also become the biggest hit of BLACKPINK in the US, and I still have to read from you that there's no point in releasing the video for this song? Also, have you ever heard of longevity?

Perfect Illusion was a Top 15 hit in the US without its video that was released only in the week after its debut week and spent 6 weeks in US, not 5, and this without any support from the US radio after the debut week and without any televised performance in the US until today, apart from the fact that Perfect Illusion was already eligible for Gold months before it was, in fact, certified as gold in the US. So, this song didn't flop and it didn't even take a year to become eligible for gold, it's not the fault of Gaga's songs if her label isn't like most big labels, which are concerned with updating their artists' songs as soon as they become eligible for new levels of certification.
    Last edited by Million; Thu December 3, 2020, 03:38.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Not when Stupid Love is a platinum-eligible Top 5 solo hit in the US even with less than 60m on airplay on the US radio.

If Gaga was desperate to get a hit like other artists, she would have already released Sour Candy MV due to the obvious power of BLACKPINK on YouTube.
    Sour Candy was released as a promo single for the album and had a nice peak of no 17. Black Pink are not that huge in the US that it was going to do much more than that, even with a music video. Check how Ice Cream with Selena performed for reference, even with a video. Sour Candy did it's job on streaming and there was no point to release it again just for it to peak a few places higher on the hot 100.

Also, Perfect Illusion did flop on it's chartrun on release. IT spent only 5 weeks on the hot 100 if i recall correctly and wasn't certified GOLD until over a year after it's release. So yeah the song definitely flopped. Release in Sept 2016, certified gold in October 2017. That is not a hit and does not change it's original chartrun in any way. In contrast Rain on Me was released in May of this year and was already certified Platinum by August, just over three months after it's release. That was a big hit, Perfect Illusion not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Kevinmakeme
    replied
    YAY! Promo...

Leave a comment:

• HarrisGaga
    replied
    Rain On Me was certified Gold in Denmark (45k units sold)

Leave a comment:

• PopFan
    replied
    If the Oreo is linked to SC, the video may drop Dec.15th, according to rumours.

Leave a comment:

• The Gagasaurus Rex
    replied
    Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post

Stupid Love disappeared like a rocket from everywhere. It wasn't a flop like Perfect Ilusion, but it wasn't even like decent hit.

And Ariana is power on charts, while Blackpink are still not. And she even released Sour Candy to see the reactions.... so, you're not that right.

If she wasn't desperate then she should've go w solo 2nd single, and not with chart power or yt power.

Not saying at all that Gaga is not powerful. She is, but the delivery wasn't on point w SL, maybe it would do better if it didn't leaked weeks before it was released officially.
    Correct

This dance pop era was for fans. It wasnt going to smash and was always at risk of being frontloaded, Ari was definitely drafted in to help casual listener appeal. I think that she had a lot of hype and momentum behind her at the beginning of 2020, but stupid love was not strong enough at all... I think had she picked a very strong lead it'd have really helped the era and helped Chromatica chart longer - but I don't think they had much confidence thus wouldn't be another Joanne/ARTPOP sized era.

Leave a comment:

• ViviLittleM
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho View Post
    Looking at Amazon and other online stores, it seems the limited Box-set will be released this Friday 4 December across Europe, and on Wednesday 16 Dec in Japan.

It seems it won't be released by now in US, Canada, Australia...
    This is... mega strange

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Looking at Amazon and other online stores, it seems the limited Box-set will be released this Friday 4 December across Europe, and on Wednesday 16 Dec in Japan.

It seems it won't be released by now in US, Canada, Australia...

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Billboard Adult Contemporary Songs
    15 (13) 26 Rain On Me

Billboard Dance/Electronic Songs
    4 (4) 28 Rain On Me
    22 (23) 26 911

​​​​​​​Billboard Dance/Electronic Albums
    1 (1) 26 Chromatica

#1 for 24 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Million
    replied

Stupid Love disappeared like a rocket from everywhere. It wasn't a flop like Perfect Ilusion, but it wasn't even like decent hit
    To start the conversation, Perfect Illusion wasn't a flop. A female solo single that managed to become Platinum eligible in US without playlist support in the streaming era and without not even one performance in the US since its release is not a flop anywhere in the world and I think you'd better check what you say before you spread lies around because Stupid Love, besides being Top 5 SOLO HIT, eligible for Platinum in the US and being on its way to its second platinum, is one of the biggest female solo hits of the year worldwide, just to name one example, it's the second female solo song with the most weeks on the Canadian chart in 2020, with 19 weeks on the chart, just behind Dua's Break My Heart, which had a much bigger playlists and radio support.

If she wasn't desperate then she should've go w solo 2nd single, and not with chart power or yt power.
    And why does the fact that she released a featuring as a single make her desperate? Gaga has one of the smallest amounts of feats in the entire music industry, and she only does feats with artists she has respect for their art.

Most artists release featurings every year and yes, they are not called desperate. Gaga releases whatever she wants, she doesn't need to release only solo singles to prove something to you and at this point, she doesn't need to prove anything to anyone, if she wants to release a feat as the lead single of her next album, she will do it, and nobody has anything to do with it, period.

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    Mess

Leave a comment:

• Kevinmakeme
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kevinmakeme
    replied
    The promo y’all wanted! Ahah

Everything after the ‘911’ music video just . The YE Charts will reflect her passion and dedication for this era.

Leave a comment:

• Moella
    replied

https://www.deezer-blog.com/press/wh...ed-to-in-2020/

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    Not when Stupid Love is a platinum-eligible Top 5 solo hit in the US even with less than 60m on airplay on the US radio.

If Gaga was desperate to get a hit like other artists, she would have already released Sour Candy MV due to the obvious power of BLACKPINK on YouTube.
    Stupid Love disappeared like a rocket from everywhere. It wasn't a flop like Perfect Ilusion, but it wasn't even like decent hit.

And Ariana is power on charts, while Blackpink are still not. And she even released Sour Candy to see the reactions.... so, you're not that right.

Not saying at all that Gaga is not powerful. She is, but the delivery wasn't on point w SL, maybe it would do better if it didn't leaked weeks before it was released officially.

Leave a comment:

• Million
    replied
    I know why she released ROM tho, cuz she needed hit.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    I don't think that the album would've dropped off the chart after like 4 weeks right after the 'A Star Is Born' hype, but we all know that the Billboard 200 is a mess these days, so there was a slight risk for that to happen - and 'Chromatica' didn't, which, indeed, is something.
    Nah Gaga has good streaming power, she was never dropping off after 4 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I don't think that the album would've dropped off the chart after like 4 weeks right after the 'A Star Is Born' hype, but we all know that the Billboard 200 is a mess these days, so there was a slight risk for that to happen - and 'Chromatica' didn't, which, indeed, is something.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    i listened to this again last night, still an enjoyable listen.

Justice41000Doves

And it was definitely a successful era on the charts IMO
    Last edited by InFamous; Tue December 1, 2020, 18:02.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    The drama

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    Bye Chromatica...
    I enjoyed playing you so much this year, but your mother decided to snub you and ignore you. You had so much potential.
    Too bad the world won't find out about Sine, Babylon, Alice, Free Woman...

Your mother decided to release the as first two singles the weakest ones from album. I know why she released ROM tho, cuz she needed hit.
    At least we got amazing music video for 911.

This could've been her best visual era...

bye.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X