• Italy

4 (2) 3 Chromatica

35 (34) 4 Rain On Me

Comment

• ITALY RADIO AIRPLAY CHART

4. (+11) Rain On Me - Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande

Audience: 75.77m (+27%)
      Spins: 2,841 (+29%)

Last edited by Million; Fri June 19, 2020, 17:32.

Comment

• UK
        2 (1) 3 Chromatica

2 (2) 4 Rain On Me
        35 (27) 15 Stupid Love
        55 (34) 3 Sour Candy

Sales:
        Chromatica 12,230 (Total: 77,956)
        Rain On Me 46,984 (Total: 218,752)

Can we take a moment to appreciate the stability in UK with Chromatica selling only 589 copies less than last week and ROM actually selling almost 2k copies more this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
          UK
          2 (1) 3 Chromatica

2 (2) 4 Rain On Me
          35 (27) 15 Stupid Love
          55 (34) 3 Sour Candy

Sales:
          Chromatica 12,230 (Total: 77,956)
          Rain On Me 46,984 (Total: 218,752)

Can we take a moment to appreciate the stability in UK with Chromatica selling only 589 copies less than last week and ROM actually selling almost 2k copies more this week?
          Amazing stability.
          The 24h discount on Amazon UK did a great job!

ITALY
          #4 this week would likely translate into 1.5/1.7K copies.
          However, the 4-10 positions are really close, so if the album goes under 1.5K, it could fall a little more.
          Last edited by sprock93; Fri June 19, 2020, 19:42.

Comment

• #8 in France

Comment

• 6/19 Final HITS chart:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming
              LW TW Artist Title Label Total Change Albums TEA SEA
              1 1 LIL BABY MY TURN QUALITY CONTROL/MOTOWN/CAPITOL 72,256 12% 738 817 70,701
              2 2 LADY GAGA CHROMATICA INTERSCOPE 43,924 -31% 15,030 1,491 27,403

Comment

• I won't believe HDD predictions ever again

Comment

• Well, those numbers were just too good to be true... They clearly messed it up with the figures. Maybe they got some info wrong or they overestimated the Sour Candy bundles big time.
                  Maybe Billboard numbers are a bit higher. We’ll see.

But at the end of the day it’s #2 on 3rd week and that’s what matters. With this silent nowhere to be seen scenario she’s chosen, I feared the album will drop like a rock.

Considering how close are sales for positions 2-10, though, (11k units) she could drop off top 10 next week though unless she promotes for once and for all.

Comment

• She needs to promote starting Monday or the album will have issue staying in the top 10.

Comment

• Mexico (Streaming)

Out (8) 2 Rain On Me
                      Last edited by Moella; Tue June 23, 2020, 14:09.

Comment

• N​​​​​​​​​ew Zealand

3 (2) 3 Chromatica

11 (8) 4 Rain On Me

​​​​​​​

Comment

• How close is stupid love to gold in the uk now? Sales must be around 300k?

Comment

• HDD confusion happened because gaga pulled big merch shop sales last week in last minute, so they thought with new merchs, she would do same thing again.
                            the difference was fans prefer signed cd/poster merch more than t-shirt bundle. and she had them last week and that's where big merch shop sales was coming.

in UK, she restocked her signed bundles at lil bit discounted price. so she's having great hold there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shayonce View Post
                              HDD confusion happened because gaga pulled big merch shop sales last week in last minute, so they thought with new merchs, she would do same thing again.
                              the difference was fans prefer signed cd/poster merch more than t-shirt bundle. and she had them last week and that's where big merch shop sales was coming.

in UK, she restocked her signed bundles at lil bit discounted price. so she's having great hold there.
                              I agree with the HDD Confusion but in the UK?? the bundles are more of a help, she's effortlessly smashing there

Comment

• AUSTRALIA
                                4 (1) 3 Chromatica (3 debuts above)

5 (4) 4 Rain On Me

Comment

• Chromatica is Top 10 on its 3rd week in all countries announced so far (bar Japan, where it's #12).
                                  It's, by far, her best performing studio album everywhere since BTW.

Just to make it even more clear how amazing its chart run has been so far compared to her previous studio albums, have a look at this table I made with the 3 first weeks chart runs worldwide:
                                  Country ARTPOP Joanne Chromatica
                                  Australia 2-8-16 2-6-13 1-1-4
                                  Austria 1-9-19 9-28-46 1-5-?
                                  Belgium (Fl) 2-20-34 5-14-23 3-8-10
                                  Belgium (Wa) 2-14-25 6-13-31 2-2-6
                                  Canada 3-7-9 2-4-6 1-1-?
                                  Czech Rep. 3-23-40 3-3-15 1-2-?
                                  Denmark 5-31-39 12-21-Out 4-10-?
                                  Finland 3-14-20 5-15-22 1-1-?
                                  France 3-28-42 10-26-45 1-3-8
                                  Germany 3-16-29 6-27-54 3-7-10
                                  Hungary 30-17-29 15-12-19 4-5-?
                                  Ireland 2-8-16 3-5-14 1-1-5
                                  Italy 2-14-25 2-7-21 1-2-4
                                  Japan 1-2-8 10-11-12 3-6-12
                                  Netherlands 4-29-50 5-16-32 1-5-8
                                  New Zealand 2-12-15 2-7-18 1-2-3
                                  Norway 38-4-12 5-11-23 3-8-9
                                  Poland 8-27-Out 10-35-Out 13-9-?
                                  Portugal 4-20-Out 4-17-31 1-?-?
                                  Scotland 1-10-21 3-16-22 1-3-2
                                  Slovakia X 2-4-7 2-4-?
                                  Spain 3-17-27 2-9-25 3-8-?
                                  Sweden 6-6-16 3-14-31 2-7-9
                                  Switzerland 2-12-19 3-9-20 1-2-?
                                  Taiwan 7-7-14 1-1-2 1-1-1
                                  UK 1-9-24 3-14-22 1-1-2
                                  US 1-8-7 1-5-11 1-2-2
                                  US (Sales) 1-5-7 1-5-7 1-1-2
                                  *Japan Oricon chart run for Chromatica is for the combined albums chart while only physical albums sales for the previous two.
                                  *Portuguese albums chart was only a Top 20 when Artpop was released.
                                  *There was no albums chart in Slovakia when Artpop was released.
                                  *Spain chart run for Chromatica is on streaming albums chart, as the sales album chart is not published at the moment.
                                  *Artpop US Sales chart run is BB200 as it was only sales back then.

Comment

• AUSTRALIA

4 (1) 3 Chromatica *3 Australian acts debut in the top 3*

5 (4) 4 Rain On Me
                                    Last edited by Million; Sat June 20, 2020, 09:20.

Comment

• ^^ I guess the two copies I bought last week wasn't enough to give it another week at #1

Comment

• USA Mediabase

POP:
                                        (16) 11 LADY GAGA & ARIANA GRANDE Rain On Me 8,218 7,105 +1113 36.096

+108 Spins
                                        -124 Bullet
                                        +0.445 Audience

HOT AC:
                                        (14) 11 LADY GAGA & ARIANA GRANDE Rain On Me 3,057 2,559 +498 15.099

+70 Spins
                                        -16 Bullet
                                        +0.629 Audience

#10 at Pop has 9,200 spins

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                          Chromatica is Top 10 on its 3rd week in all countries announced so far (bar Japan, where it's #12).
                                          It's, by far, her best performing studio album everywhere since BTW.

Just to make it even more clear how amazing its chart run has been so far compared to her previous studio albums, have a look at this table I made with the 3 first weeks chart runs worldwide
                                          nympho, both “Artpop” and “Joanne” were released during Q4 which is a harder and way more competitive period for charts.

You have stated this multiple times in other threads about how chart-runs and peaks can differ from Q1 or Q2 to a period like Q4.

So yep, “Chromatica” is her “best performing” album since BTW because BTW was also her last album (prior to this one) that was not released during Q4.

Everything else she has released (TFM, Artpop, Joanne and even side projects like CTC and ASIB) was all released during Q4.
                                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

nympho, both “Artpop” and “Joanne” were released during Q4 which is a harder and way more competitive period for charts.

You have stated this multiple times in other threads about how chart-runs and peaks can differ from Q1 or Q2 to a period like Q4.

So yep, “Chromatica” is her “best performing” album since BTW because BTW was also her last album (prior to this one) that was not released during Q4.

Everything else she has released (TFM, Artpop, Joanne and even side projects like CTC and ASIB) was all released during Q4.
                                            Let's not forget the fact that the release schedule is pretty much cleared of all the big names and there's hardly any competition at all.
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• ^
                                              she's also doinG better sales than her albums released in Q4

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Let's not forget the fact that the release schedule is pretty much cleared of all the big names and there's hardly any competition at all.
                                                  What big names? Today, among women, only Adele and Taylor Swift can get a better debut than Gaga. Also, that doesn't change the success of the album around the planet, if the album was bad, people wouldn't check it out and buy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Well...

US
                                                    Joanne
                                                    201,000 - 61,000 - 28,000

Chromatica
                                                    274,000 - 64,000 - 44,000 (projected)

UK
                                                    Joanne
                                                    26,694 - 9,602 - 5,000

Chromatica
                                                    52,907 - 12,819 - 12,230

France
                                                    Joanne
                                                    8,090 - 2,100

Chromatica
                                                    21,746 - 6,386

Canada
                                                    Joanne
                                                    17,500 - 5,000

Chromatica
                                                    28,000 - 6,000

This is not a case of “Wow! Best peak in X years/ever in this or that country” as we’ve seen posted here many times when an album was released in July or August and had a good peak with terribly low sales and other albums from that artist released in Q4 had worse peaks but much better sales.

This is having much better chart runs AND better sales.
                                                    (Also worth mentioning sales are overall way lower now than they were a few years ago and still they’re higher).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X