13 (New) Alicia

Comment

• Japan (Oricon)

Digital Albums
      16 Alicia (307)

Physical release on October 7th.

Comment

• 10/3 Billboard 200:

www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9455925/taylor-swift-folklore-number-1-seven-weeks-billboard-200-passes-whitney-houston

Taylor Swift Surpasses Whitney Houston for Most Weeks at No. 1 Among Women in Billboard 200’s History
        9/27/2020 by Keith Caulfield

Plus: New albums by Alicia Keys, Keith Urban, Moneybagg Yo/Blac Youngsta and Lil Tecca debut in top 10.

Alicia Keys collects her eighth top 10 album, as her latest studio effort, Alicia, bows at No. 4 with 62,000 equivalent album units earned. Of that sum, 51,000 are from album sales, 10,000 from SEA units (equaling 13.6 million in on-demand streams of the set’s tracks) and 1,000 from TEA units. Alicia’s album sales were bolstered by a concert ticket/album sale redemption offer with her upcoming U.S. tour, which was slated to begin on July 28, but has since been postponed to 2021.

Alicia was initially set for release on March 20, but was delayed due to concerns relating to COVID-19. Alicia is Keys’ first studio set since 2016’s Here debuted and peaked at No. 2.

All seven of Keys’ studio albums have reached the top four on the Billboard 200. She additionally logged a top 10 with the No. 1 live set Unplugged in 2005.

Comment

• Her last album "Here" debuted at #2 but with only 50k and 42k pure sales so this is great actually.
          Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Great numbers for Alicia, that is kinda surprising to me. It's her best album in ages though so happy for her.

Edit - I just see that she had a bundle. That explains it, I was giving her serious props for that number as I assumed it was without any type of bundling ( under new rules) but I guess she had sold those bundles prior to the original release date so they get counted in her debut week.
            Last edited by InFamous; Sun September 27, 2020, 23:17.

Comment

• Great sales for Alicia
              Too Much Music
              Too Much Music @Facebook
              Too Much Music @Twitter
              Scotland Social League

Comment

• I Hope she can hang a bit in the top 200 and not just 2-3 weeks...

Comment

• FRANCE
                  28 (NEW) 1 Alicia

Comment

• CZECH REPUBLIC
                    73 (NEW) 1 Alicia

SLOVAKIA
                    40 (NEW) 1 Alicia
                    Last edited by Unbreakable34; Tue September 29, 2020, 11:16.

Comment

• SPAIN
                      18 (NEW) 1 Alicia

Comment

• Swiss Album Charts

4 (NEW) 1 Alicia

Three debuts above her.
                        It's her eighth Top10 entry over here, only "Unplugged" (#7 in 2005) and "Here" (#5 in 2016) peaked lower.

Comment

• German Midweek Charts

44 (13) Alicia

Comment

• AUSTRIA
                            10 (New) Alicia

Comment

• Japan (Oricon)

Digital Albums
                              20 (16) Alicia (265/572)

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                AUSTRIA
                                10 (New) Alicia
                                That's surprisingly good, as it's only her fourth Top10 there and "Here" went 22-Out...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

UK really needs to change their system of counting sales. It's getting ridiculous. So an album needs to stay nearly 100weeks at#12 for freaking 1x Plat????Makes zero sense
                                  Best to leave the UK system as it is, otherwise we’ll end up with illiterate male and female rappers logging platinum albums which they don’t sell, and albums almost nobody ever listens to in their entirety - the type of ridiculous mess currently in place in the US. If any country needs to change the system of counting sales - yes, it’s the US.

Shame about the sales of “Alicia” in the UK/Europe but she’s never really been big over there, so it’s not surprising.

Comment

• Agreed, the UK chart system is one of the better ones worldwide. I guess BeeBoy was referring to lowering the certification standards, which they could do in the UK (e.g. 50k silver, 80k gold, 200k platinum instead of 60k silver, 100k gold, 300k platinum).
                                    I just find it odd to wonder how long an album would need to chart to reach platinum with a peak outside of the top 10, as albums with that background reach platinum rarely either way. For a gold cert, you'd either need a decent peak or a certain longevity on the whole chart, and I'm not sure whether a Keys album is able to achieve that these days.
                                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                    and everything you stand for?
                                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by oneofone View Post

Best to leave the UK system as it is, otherwise we’ll end up with illiterate male and female rappers logging platinum albums which they don’t sell, and albums almost nobody ever listens to in their entirety - the type of ridiculous mess currently in place in the US. If any country needs to change the system of counting sales - yes, it’s the US.

Shame about the sales of “Alicia” in the UK/Europe but she’s never really been big over there, so it’s not surprising.
                                      UK needs to change their ratio. Obviously the system of lovering individual singles is good but if you have such low sales something is off. And I'm also obviously not talking about Alicia's sales here but in the general sense. There is no other country where an album would need to stay 100weeks at #12 in order for it to get a platinum certifictaion and makes zero sense in order to compare different hit albums from different decades, at this point even years. There used to be several albums selling north of 100k during christmas nowadays there won't even be 5 albums selling that with Sales PLUS streams during the WHOLE YEAR. If you don't get something needs to be changed then I don't know what to tell you.

and theMathematician isn't it obvious that I'm not talking about peak positions here? There have been hundreds probably thousands of albums that did that anyway in the UK
                                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• POLAND
                                        19 (New) Alicia

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

UK needs to change their ratio. Obviously the system of lovering individual singles is good but if you have such low sales something is off. And I'm also obviously not talking about Alicia's sales here but in the general sense. There is no other country where an album would need to stay 100weeks at #12 in order for it to get a platinum certifictaion and makes zero sense in order to compare different hit albums from different decades, at this point even years. There used to be several albums selling north of 100k during christmas nowadays there won't even be 5 albums selling that with Sales PLUS streams during the WHOLE YEAR. If you don't get something needs to be changed then I don't know what to tell you.
                                          You don’t need to tell me anything, you don’t even have to respond to me going forward.

The whole system is now ef’d up but at least the European market is not flooded with all this generic c(rap) from the states. We stream and watch videos on youtube but we don’t inflate album sales with these numbers. At least not to the same extent like it is the case in the states.

I am all for ratio updates but on one condition - the new ratio would need to be applied to old albums as well. If an album needed 300k then to be platinum and would now only need 100k, then the old album’s platinum certification should be adjusted/increased accordingly.

Otherwise, let them have their “platinum selling” and billboard topping albums in the states. The rest of the world will do without.

Comment

• adjusting a streaming ratio aka 1000 streams equals one sales with the same concept it has now. There it would not change thresholds for certifictaion and older albums can stay the way they are
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• BELGUIM (WALLONIE)
                                              27 (18) 2 Alicia

BELGUIM (FLANDERS)
                                              28 (5) 2 Alicia
                                              Last edited by Unbreakable34; Fri October 2, 2020, 13:18.

Comment

• NETHERLANDS
                                                56 (10) 2 Alicia

Comment

• GERMANY
                                                  44 (14) 2 Alicia

UK
                                                  87 (12) 2 Alicia
                                                  Last edited by Unbreakable34; Fri October 2, 2020, 17:48.

Comment

• ITALY
                                                    OUT (40) 1 Alicia Keys - Alicia

Comment

Working...
                                                    X