Kylie Minogue :: The "Disco" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

But even so... it was TOP 10 on iTunes too for most of the week - was not expecting out of TOP 20 (ever) in Italy. This #029 can't be right, is there any link for this info? Where did this came from?
    It’s official.

https://www.fimi.it/top-of-the-music...arts/1/2020/46

And sadly iTunes means nothing nowadays...

Comment

• 55.000 units wow

Comment

• The exact figure that I saw earlier was 54,905, with Confetti on 49,887. So annoying that it just fell short of 55k.

Comment

• The competition was tight, also Confetti did great.

Comment

• Edit: Oops AP
            Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I wonder where will she land on US chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                I wonder where will she land on US chart.
                I was hopping for a TOP 20 position but I'm happy with TOP 40

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

It’s official.

https://www.fimi.it/top-of-the-music...arts/1/2020/46

And sadly iTunes means nothing nowadays...
                  Still strange... is the tracking period the same in Italy? I know that in Japan it's not and she only had 3 sales days for charts there. Because Little Mix are also a new entry at #25 this week so also outside the TOP 20? Weird...

Comment

• UK : Magic is at #53, Say Something at #56. So new peaks!
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• That’s great! Shame they didn’t stay top 40 but I hope they can get a cert in a few years like dancing did.
                      Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Still strange... is the tracking period the same in Italy? I know that in Japan it's not and she only had 3 sales days for charts there. Because Little Mix are also a new entry at #25 this week so also outside the TOP 20? Weird...
                        Yes, it’s the same tracking period. Friday-Thursday.

LM5 was #22 in Italy.
                        Golden was #14 in Italy released in a much quieter period, March.

It’s not like Top 10 should be expected for any of them there.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Yes, it’s the same tracking period. Friday-Thursday.

LM5 was #22 in Italy.
                          Golden was #14 in Italy released in a much quieter period, March.

It’s not like Top 10 should be expected for any of them there.
                          Was still a TOP 40 Album... but I wanted it to do better

Comment

• Yes get that records Kylie!

Comment

• She’s worked super hard for this and the album is great! I’m so happy for her.

Comment

• HDD gives DISCO at #23 with 15,142 (89%)
                                Cupid Boy, Give Me Your Love.

Comment

• Wow! I'm so happy for Kylie, well deserved. It's a great album.

Originally posted by LucaBox View Post
                                  HDD gives DISCO at #23 with 15,142 (89%)
                                  That's great too for Kylie in the US. If I'm not wrong, only two Kylie's albums peaked higher on Billboard 200.
                                  Last edited by Bojan; Fri November 13, 2020, 18:36.
                                  Gone.

Comment

• US peak + first week

Fever #3 (115k)
                                    Body Language #42 (43k)
                                    X #139 (6k)
                                    Aphrodite #19 (18k)
                                    Kiss Me Once #31 (12k)
                                    Golden #64 (10k)
                                    Cupid Boy, Give Me Your Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by ian001 View Post

Hi, Carlos71, Oops, i forgot the amazon turquoise vinyl bought also, just added it in the original post
                                      We got the result ian001!

Big thank you's to everyone

I think Kylie is performing on Children in Need, tonight, more great promo

Comment

• Originally posted by LucaBox View Post
                                        That would be amazing.
                                        But we better wait till their projection is at 100%...
                                        (Before we have another Germany kind of disappointment).

Comment

• MusicWeek article:

It is a tale of two albums. One from a veteran star of over 30 years standing, who still inspires as much excitement as she did at the height of her career. The other from four women who continue to defy assumptions and expectations of the shelf life of both pop bands and talent show discoveries.

The winner of what remained throughout the week an absorbing chart battle is Disco by Kylie Minogue. The Australian singer's 15th studio album surges to the top with a quite phenomenal sale of 54,905, the highest weekly tally of 2020 so far. It is her eighth No.1, Madonna (12) the only solo female with more chart-topping albums. Kylie becomes the latest addition to a growing list of acts who can boast No.1 albums in five consecutive decades, chart-toppers in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s and now 20s making her the first female solo artist to achieve such a run.

Comment

• Say Something - 7,572
                                            #4 on sales
                                            #29 on downloads
                                            #1 on physicals and vinyl.

Magic - 8,157
                                            #2 on sales
                                            #7 on downloads
                                            #2 on physicals and vinyl.

Comment

• Originally posted by LucaBox View Post
                                              So she has already outsold many of her opening sales there, fabulous.
                                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Fantastic to see K still smashing the sales charts, and also getting a strong position with 'Magic' on the download chart.

BMG managed the entire Golden campaign so well, so I can't wait to see what they have planned for this one. I think they'll go all out for Disco given the massive public appeal that it has. She may not be able to tour, but I think she and the management will get creative if not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave2Hearts View Post
                                                  Say Something - 7,572
                                                  #4 on sales
                                                  #29 on downloads
                                                  #1 on physicals and vinyl.

Magic - 8,157
                                                  #2 on sales
                                                  #7 on downloads
                                                  #2 on physicals and vinyl.

That's great! Sales are the equivalent to previous UK Singles Charts, before streaming being added. Streaming have too much points on charts than it was supposed to have. When 80% of streams are free and over 80% come from pre-made playlists this is much more similar to radio plays than to singles sales and ratio should be different. Also it's weird that the same streams are counting twice (for singles and albums at the same time) not only for charts but also for certifications - crazy and they don't fix it (if we split it in reality 50 streams make a song sale equivalent as the others 50 are for albums where 500 streams make an album as streams don't magically multiple themselves for certifications).
                                                  Last edited by MadNuno; Fri November 13, 2020, 19:44.

Comment

• More UK stats

#1 on main album chart

#1 on vinyl chart
                                                    #1 on download chart
                                                    #1 on physical chart
                                                    #1 on sales chart
                                                    #14 on streaming chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X