Taylor Swift :: The “Folklore“ Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Swift :: The “Folklore“ Era

On Friday, 24th July 2020, Taylor Swift surprise-released her eighth studio album folklore. It spawned two singles so far: cardigan, where the video got released alongside the album release, and exile with Bon Iver, that is scheduled to be serviced to adult alternative radio on the 3rd August 2020.

Within the first week of its release, there have been several records Taylor has broken with folklore:
    • With 80.6 million streams, folklore earned the top spot for the biggest debut for a female album on global Spotify [source]
    • With 35.5 million streams, folklore earned the largest Apple Music debut for a pop album [source]
    • cardigan (#4 with 7.7M), the 1 (#6 with 7.4M) and exile (#9 with 6.9M) all reached the Top10 of the biggest debuts by female artists on global Spotify [source]
    • folklore sold more than 1,3 million copies globally in just 24 hours [source]
    • folklore sold 107,000 digital copies in the US in just 24 hours [source]
    • folklore sold more than 500,000 units in the US in just 3 days, having already earned the biggest sales week for any album in 2020 at that point and is already the best selling album by a female artist in the US pure sales this year [source]
    • cardigan, the 1, exile, the last great american dynasty and my tears ricochet all already sold over 100,000 copies in the US after just 3 days [source]

At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream publications, the album received a weighted average score of 89, based on 21 reviews, the highest score for any of her albums.

Huge thank you to everyone who contributes to this topic.
    Special shoutout to JeremySpears
    Last edited by Tansike; Wed July 29th, 2020, 14:04.

Reserved

Comment

Reserved.

Comment

Have no access to laptop or computer until the weekend, so I will make a better opening post then. New albums drops tonight, really excited!

Comment

I was just about to open my first ever chart topic Tansike.
          Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

She's already slaying
            Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

How’s that possible? Pre orders?

Comment

Comment

I’m going to say this will do 600k in the USA and 1 million worldwide first week, that’s my opinion

Comment

Omg. I’m so out of the loop. I didn’t even realise she had announced this!!!
                    You have officially been frock destroyed!

Comment

Comment

Last edited by JeremySpears; Wed July 29th, 2020, 03:26.

Comment

“cardigan” is now Taylor's 39th #1 song on iTunes US extending her record as the artist with the most No. 1's.

Comment

I can’t see updates on kworb

Comment

The album is #1 in 40 countries according to Kworb.

Comment

China (QQ Music) total sales: 227,646. Probably 250k by tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by AnderF10 View Post
                                  Is this pure or with SPS?

Comment

Is the album not available on iTunes US yet? I can‘t find on kworb but it already charted #1 on Apple Music.

Comment

Originally posted by Choley View Post

Is this pure or with SPS?
                                      Pure.

Comment

Originally posted by AnderF10 View Post
                                        The album has also sold 244K on Netease (another big music platform) so far.

Comment

Wow, China loves Taylor. I wonder how she's doing in other Asian countries like Japan and South Korea.

Comment

Comment

US iTunes

#1 Folklore

#2 cardigan
                                              #3 the 1
                                              #5 exile
                                              #27 august
                                              #32 betty
                                              #34 mad woman
                                              #36 invisible string
                                              #38 my tears ricochet
                                              #40 the last great american dynasty
                                              #48 this is me trying
                                              #63 illicit affairs
                                              #65 seven
                                              #71 peace
                                              #79 mirrorball
                                              #89 epiphany
                                              #93 hoax

Comment

“the 1” has hit #1 on US Apple Music. It’s her first #1 on the platform since “Look What You Made Me Do”. It's the first song by a female artist to top the chart since Selena's "Lose You To Love Me".
                                                Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri July 24th, 2020, 19:54.

Comment

Do we have any idea how much it has sold in the USA so far today? I’m really curious on how much it is selling

Comment

Last edited by Kevinmakeme; Fri July 24th, 2020, 22:41.

Comment

Smash

Comment

7 songs in the Top 10 wow

Comment

any idea what the first week would be? another million seller? the consistency im glad she aint doing pop anymore but despite going back to the old stripped sound she still sells or might sell like crazy. Wow if coldplay could only be like that too lol Everyday life was almost ignored despite a change of sound

Comment

This will be the top selling album by a female artist in US this year, unless Adele surprise drops the album. I hope she'll open with at least 500k. Taylor did it again.
                                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                            X