IRELAND
    20 (19) 108 Folklore

NEW ZEALAND
    24 (29) 106 Folklore

SPAIN
    33 (33) 104 Folklore

NETHERLANDS
    80 (80) 52 Folklore

It's her 2nd album charting 1 year in the Netherlands.
    It's the 9th country where the album surpass that mark.
    Last edited by JC96; Sat August 20, 2022, 19:17.

Comment

• 5th song from "folklore" over 200M Spotify streams.

Comment

• - All tracks from "folklore" (standard) now have over 100 MILLION Spotify streams, its her 1st album to do so.
        ​​​​​

- "folklore" ties "Lover" as the female albums with most songs over 100M streams on Spotify history (16).

Comment

• Folklore boost post-VMAs/Midnights post

Comment

• "folklore" & "evermore" are certified Gold in Belgium for 10,000 units in the country.

Comment

• Global Spotify

#58 (+28) august [1,476,361 streams] *biggest gainer*

US Spotify

#57 (+11) august [381,166 streams]

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Taylor Swift's albums with the most weeks on the top 40 in United Kingdom:

#1. 1989 — 95 weeks
                #2. Folklore — 50 weeks
                #3. Red — 44 weeks
                #4. Lover — 41 weeks
                #5. Reputation — 34 weeks

Comment

• Comment

• 4B at the end of the year

Comment

• do we know how much it sold in Japan?

Comment

• Originally posted by chosensparkles View Post
                        do we know how much it sold in Japan?
                        AnderF10 might know.

Comment

• Originally posted by chosensparkles View Post
                          do we know how much it sold in Japan?
                          According to CM, around 42k pure sales.
                          I remember was 1 of 3 best selling western of 2020 by Japan Gold Disc Award.
                          And It charted 33 weeks on Oricon Charts . But that's It.

​​​​​​​It's not their type of music I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugen View Post

AnderF10 might know.
                            folklore (26,665 P + 9,159 D as of march 2021 = 35,824 pure sales)

We don't know how many units, but I think 60k is pretty reasonable.

Comment

• I had no idea folklore had such longevity in the UK! That’s great to see. You can really split her success in the uk into pre and post Red. Obvs Fearless was double platinum & Red was double platinum but she built her profile in the UK majorly with Red and took it to the next level on 1989 & she’s been so consistent since.
                              Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                I had no idea folklore had such longevity in the UK! That’s great to see. You can really split her success in the uk into pre and post Red. Obvs Fearless was double platinum & Red was double platinum but she built her profile in the UK majorly with Red and took it to the next level on 1989 & she’s been so consistent since.
                                Speak Now also went platinum there. Red is nearing three-times platinum there (it was at 800,000 units in February), and did so in a climate worse than the one Fearless was released in.

I think it's not unrealistic to expect all of her albums released between Red and Folklore to go multi-platinum in the UK in the next 3-ish years, considering the ones that aren't at 2X platinum are nearing 400,000 units there and still charting high.

Comment

• nympho Sorry for disturbing you but I just realised that between this thread, the Evermore thread, the re-recordings thread, the Midnights thread, and the general thread we have 5 Taylor Swift charts thread open at the same time. I feel like that is a bit excessive and leads to disjointed sharing of info when all the info about Folklore and Evermore could just be relegated to the general Taylor Swift thread because those two are catalogue albums now. The re-recordings era might be resumed sometime in the future, so I guess that thread should be continued but these two threads should be closed in my opinion, thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leviathan View Post
                                    nympho Sorry for disturbing you but I just realised that between this thread, the Evermore thread, the re-recordings thread, the Midnights thread, and the general thread we have 5 Taylor Swift charts thread open at the same time. I feel like that is a bit excessive and leads to disjointed sharing of info when all the info about Folklore and Evermore could just be relegated to the general Taylor Swift thread because those two are catalogue albums now. The re-recordings era might be resumed sometime in the future, so I guess that thread should be continued but these two threads should be closed in my opinion, thank you.
                                    Good idea... even though I love to see Taylor popping up with so many topics + especially Folklore still doing "well" on some charts, I think it's definitely a better idea to close this + Evermore topics. She'll still have three topics being posted in regularly afterwards.

Comment

• Comment

• Biggest albums of 2022 in the UK so far:

"folklore" is the best selling female album from 2020 this year by an international artist.

#39 1989 - 77,200 (1,504,000)
                                        #40 folklore - 76,800 (365,400)

Comment

• I'm telling you it should’ve been a single
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Global Spotify

#171 (RE) august [846,647 streams]

US Spotify

#156 (+35) august [222,302 streams]

Comment

• Folklore this week on WW charts.

#8. Ireland
                                              #24. Canada
                                              #26. UK
                                              #27. Australia
                                              #32. New Zealand
                                              #40. Norway
                                              #40. US
                                              #40. Belgium
                                              #44. Spain
                                              #48. Netherlands
                                              #86. Germany

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

The slaying We love a 8th succesful album

Comment

• Ireland:
                                                    6 (8) Folklore 115 weeks (No.1 for 4 weeks)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was eligible for like 4x platinum there by now...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X