Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

LEGEND!

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• If “Red” is doing this, imagine her version of “1989”

Comment

• Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
        If “Red” is doing this, imagine her version of “1989”
        1989 is coming for +650k

The vault tracks alone will be an event

Comment

• Beyond previous expectation numbers! 350k copies in pure sales are awosome!

Comment

• German Midweek Charts

41 (NEW) All Too Well

6 (RE) Red

The original version of Red peaked at #5 back in 2012.

Comment

• Took Fearless TV nearly two weeks even though it had three promo singles Iktr
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Hihihehe

Comment

• Wow she is so desperate for the number one. Gimmick after gimmick.
                  " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• Originally posted by CorneliaStreet View Post

1989 is coming for +650k

The vault tracks alone will be an event
                    I am really looking forward to 1989.

Comment

• 1989 will def be big but it’s likely that Speak Now is next…I’ve honestly never heard that album in full so wonder if she’ll do promo or have a more low key release like Fearless, I think the latter is likely then she’ll do big promo again for 1989
                      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
                        1989 will def be big but it’s likely that Speak Now is next…I’ve honestly never heard that album in full so wonder if she’ll do promo or have a more low key release like Fearless, I think the latter is likely then she’ll do big promo again for 1989
                        Yes, probably "Speak Now" is the next so "1989" will be ready to realease on late 2022. But an "Enchanted" music video would be really amazing to get. Let's see.

Comment

• There are 4 re-releases still waiting to come, so I wonder whether she'll release them first or have them inbetween new album releases.

Comment

• UK Wednesday midweek update:

1 Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version) (58,967) [45,028 physical, 9,989 streaming sales, 3,950 downloads] *
                            2 ABBA - Voyage (33,679)
                            3 Little Mix - Between Us (28,868) *
                            4 Ed Sheeran - = (23,582)
                            "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemo View Post
                              UK Wednesday midweek update:

1 Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version) (58,967) [45,028 physical, 9,989 streaming sales, 3,950 downloads] *
                              2 ABBA - Voyage (33,679)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemo View Post
                                UK Wednesday midweek update:

2 ABBA - Voyage (33,679)
                                She really is the music industry

Comment

• Quite low numbers in the UK for her first week considering she really has gone all out this week, but I suppose you have to take into consideration that this is a re recording and no 1 looks on lock so well done to her.

Comment

• Honestly, I didn't expect Red to nearly match Lover's opening week?!?! Heck, even surpass Fearless considering it was the first? And it wasn't as much of an event, but wow she pulled all the stops.

I guess the length between Fearless and Red, and the June announcement built up to this anticipation - and the possibility of an All Too Well #1 debut was all surprising but super deserving? <3

Maybe this is the new thing that works now for her - surprise releases

Comment

• All Too Well (Sad Girl Autumn Version) is available to buy and stream now. She is really aiming for that #1 song!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                        Quite low numbers in the UK for her first week considering she really has gone all out this week, but I suppose you have to take into consideration that this is a re recording and no 1 looks on lock so well done to her.
                                        It’ll drop like a rock next week most probably but she’ll get that #1 and that’s all Taylor cares about. Gotta respect how shameless she is though.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                          Quite low numbers in the UK for her first week considering she really has gone all out this week, but I suppose you have to take into consideration that this is a re recording and no 1 looks on lock so well done to her.
                                          Low numbers?? You're praising every other artist that's doing way worse out there and always find something positive to say yet here it's the opposite. Those numbers are HUGE especially compared to the first midweek updates. Where did she "has gone all out" in the UK? I only saw those twitter promo campaigns about winning a random guitar and her adding more signed copies to the UK stores, that's it iirc. Going all out would be having and doing all the promo possible, TV appearances, performances, discounts, bundles...

A bit of OT but I'm low-key sad for Little Mix, would've wished them to be #1 this week but looks like ABBA outperform them anyway, so I'm ok with Taylor snatching it in the end.

Comment

• ^ Exactly Tansike

"Low numbers" I mean c'mon, it's 9 years old re-recording album and it's gonna be the highest debut in UK for a female artist since her own "Reputation" in 2017.

It's not the first or last artist to add signed copies but when Taylor does is a crime or something repugnant

Whatever, she Is smashing and some people are mad with Taylor's success at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanpasa View Post
                                              Honestly, I didn't expect Red to nearly match Lover's opening week?!?! Heck, even surpass Fearless considering it was the first? And it wasn't as much of an event, but wow she pulled all the stops.

I guess the length between Fearless and Red, and the June announcement built up to this anticipation - and the possibility of an All Too Well #1 debut was all surprising but super deserving? &lt;3

Maybe this is the new thing that works now for her - surprise releases
                                              Well, Red is a fans favorite, plus the hype for "All Too Well (10 minutes version)" and its music video.

Plus, to be fair, Red TV have vinyls and more promo, but yeah, it's killing the Fearless TV's streaming numbers anyways.

Comment

• The critique here on Taylor is ridiculous, but it’s understandable you’re pressed when your fav latest album only spends a few weeks on the billboard 200. That’s indeed what they call ‘dropping like rock’.

Great points were already made, but let me add the observation that Taylor’s albums spend years in the charts, with hardly any promo, why r you all so angry when she does some promo for 1 week? And even only in the US… Her ‘tactics’ are the only way to get a number 1 since these songs don’t match the airplay of the current hit songs, which makes sense since it’s a new version of a 9 year old song + she did not release one song before the album release. It might all seem petty, and maybe it is from a certain perspective, but the longevity of ALL her album chart trajectories is where her true power lies.
                                                Eudaimonia
                                                Last.fm
                                                Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Low numbers?? You're praising every other artist that's doing way worse out there and always find something positive to say yet here it's the opposite. Those numbers are HUGE especially compared to the first midweek updates. Where did she "has gone all out" in the UK? I only saw those twitter promo campaigns about winning a random guitar and her adding more signed copies to the UK stores, that's it iirc. Going all out would be having and doing all the promo possible, TV appearances, performances, discounts, bundles...

A bit of OT but I'm low-key sad for Little Mix, would've wished them to be #1 this week but looks like ABBA outperform them anyway, so I'm ok with Taylor snatching it in the end.
                                                  Did you miss the last paragraph where I clearly noted that it is a re recording, wrote that she has no 1 on lock and said well done to her.

Comment

• Let’s keep it civil in here, please.
                                                    No need to troll… but no need to call people mad or pressed either.

There has to be objectivity on both sides.

Taylor is a selling force. She keeps selling tons of physical copies in a time where sales are basically dead. She’s getting these numbers with a re-recorded album. She has great streaming numbers as well. Her fanbase is big and extremely loyal.
                                                    And no one can deny that.

On the other hand, it’s a fact she’s one of the most, if not the most, “concerned” artists (let’s call it that way) about charts and #1s and she’ll do anything she can to get them. Her gimmicks are sometimes perceived as desperate because the thing is she doesn’t even need them to have big numbers. She’s not a fans only act that has to rely on 20 different editions to chart for a week in Top 10 and then bye.
                                                    But she always wants more.
                                                    Releasing like 5 or 6 different versions of the same song through the week, and for a limited time only, to assure a #1, as she did with Willow and it’s doing now with All Too Well, or releasing a big number of signed CDs in the middle of the week once you see you’re #2 in the midweeks and once most fans have purchased a copy already… and, being honest, we all know she’s not signing those 30k copies herself. It’s pretty obvious. But that’s a different topic…

So we all have to be objective… It’s absurd to deny she’s smashing at this point in her career or pretend that her UK debut will be a bad one.
                                                    But the fans should also understand that talking about her tactics to inflate numbers doesn’t mean necessary you’re “mad” or “pressed”, it’s chart analysis.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X