Taylor Swift :: The ‘Taylor's Version’ Eras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

It’ll drop like a rock next week most probably but she’ll get that #1 and that’s all Taylor cares about. Gotta respect how shameless she is though.
    How is she shameless when other artists do the same sort of thing?

Should stop entering the thread if your this salty of a person.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZzCallumzZ View Post

How is she shameless when other artists do the same sort of thing?

Should stop entering the thread if your this salty of a person.
      I’d explain myself but 2 posts in 9 years… wouldn’t want you to do a third so soon…

Comment

• I’ll post it again:

Let’s keep it civil in here, please.

Comment

• I don't see how a 60k+ opening for a re-release's opening could be considered bad in any kind of way.
          Pro: freedom of speech
          Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I dont think its challenging pretty sure its already got enough points for a 1 debut.
              R.I.P Amy Winehouse :3

Comment

It’ll drop like a rock next week most probably but she’ll get that #1 and that’s all Taylor cares about. Gotta respect how shameless she is though.
                Will it?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  I don't see how a 60k+ opening for a re-release's opening could be considered bad in any kind of way.
                  A 60k+ opening for any album, new or re-recording, isn't bad by any means

Comment

• Originally posted by CorneliaStreet View Post

A 60k+ opening for any album, new or re-recording, isn't bad by any means
                    Context matters. 60k+ would be bad for a new Ed Sheeran or Adele album.
                    Pro: freedom of speech
                    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Hihihehehuhu
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Context matters. 60k+ would be bad for a new Ed Sheeran or Adele album.
                        Ed Sheeran & Adele are anomalies. For an international act, 60K in this climate is wild.

Comment

The song was already locked for a number one debut, actually, and it's holding up fairly well without Today's Top Hits placements or an airplay release, so the drop shouldn't be that precipitous.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                            Let’s keep it civil in here, please.
                            No need to troll… but no need to call people mad or pressed either.

There has to be objectivity on both sides.

Taylor is a selling force. She keeps selling tons of physical copies in a time where sales are basically dead. She’s getting these numbers with a re-recorded album. She has great streaming numbers as well. Her fanbase is big and extremely loyal.
                            And no one can deny that.

On the other hand, it’s a fact she’s one of the most, if not the most, “concerned” artists (let’s call it that way) about charts and #1s and she’ll do anything she can to get them. Her gimmicks are sometimes perceived as desperate because the thing is she doesn’t even need them to have big numbers. She’s not a fans only act that has to rely on 20 different editions to chart for a week in Top 10 and then bye.
                            But she always wants more.
                            Releasing like 5 or 6 different versions of the same song through the week, and for a limited time only, to assure a #1, as she did with Willow and it’s doing now with All Too Well, or releasing a big number of signed CDs in the middle of the week once you see you’re #2 in the midweeks and once most fans have purchased a copy already… and, being honest, we all know she’s not signing those 30k copies herself. It’s pretty obvious. But that’s a different topic…

So we all have to be objective… It’s absurd to deny she’s smashing at this point in her career or pretend that her UK debut will be a bad one.
                            But the fans should also understand that talking about her tactics to inflate numbers doesn’t mean necessary you’re “mad” or “pressed”, it’s chart analysis.
                            I agree with this.
                            Taylor's numbers are amazing, and she didn't need to push another version of ATW, since it was already locked for a number one. The extra padding was unnecessary.
                            As for the UK update, I'm hearing that signed CDs & vinyls weren't reported to OCC earlier, which makes sense, since I doubt Taylor suddenly went from selling 2.3K to 30K in a day. Therefore it seems like it was the signed CDs which got Red TV the number one, whereas in reality the effect of signed CDs has been inflated due to misreporting early sales.
                            Let's just all either be happy for her, or explain our grievances in a way that doesn't come off as condescending.

Comment

• I'm really someone who likes following the charts every week (like all of us) but with Taylor it's just boring.
                              Putting out the same song in 39378 different versions in week one, changing the release date of the album and all the other things she's doing are just boring.

She'll get all these number ones but it feels so meaningless somehow (at least to me).

​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Bennyyyyy View Post
                                I'm really someone who likes following the charts every week (like all of us) but with Taylor it's just boring.
                                Putting out the same song in 39378 different versions in week one, changing the release date of the album and all the other things she's doing are just boring.

She'll get all these number ones but it feels so meaningless somehow (at least to me).

​​​
                                Is All Too Well not #1 on Spotify? Apple Music? Youtube? She's literally going #1 with zero airplay with a decade old song. This will also be a Willow scenario where the final numbers will show how she would have gone #1 without the sales. I feel like since Taylor is so massive the extra versions she releases always get extra attention. If you actually followed the chars closely you'd realize releasing multiple remixes isn't an anomaly and literally no one bats an eye when other acts do it. It's very clearly a Taylor thing

Regarding Red (TV), she's going to have the third biggest opening of the year after Drake and Adele with a nine year old album. Nothing meaningless about that and nothing wrong with switching the release date to keep her #1 album streak

Last edited by CorneliaStreet; Thu November 18, 2021, 16:22.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Bennyyyyy View Post
                                    I'm really someone who likes following the charts every week (like all of us) but with Taylor it's just boring.

​​​
                                    In fact,if you like following charts,isn't it interesting and exciting when an artist breaks records and manages to achieve extremely high numbers ?
                                    Especially in this day and age when everyone struggle to "sell" 100k and the Market is literally dead bar a few exceptions here and there?
                                    I don't understand,honestly.
                                    Unless you only enjoy following charts when it's about artists you like ...
                                    Last edited by BodyShop; Thu November 18, 2021, 17:59.

Comment

• Thursday Top 40 Update
                                      Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (48.5k)
                                      2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (43.4k)
                                      3 Taylor Swift - All Too Well (Taylor's Version) (43.0k) *
                                      4 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (36.0k)
                                      5 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name) (26.9k)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by sprock93 View Post
                                          Thursday Top 40 Update
                                          Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (48.5k)
                                          2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (43.4k)
                                          3 Taylor Swift - All Too Well (Taylor's Version) (43.0k) *
                                          4 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (36.0k)
                                          5 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name) (26.9k)
                                          Probably it's gonna be her 4th #2 hit in the UK
                                          Still impressive for a 10 minutes ballad

Comment

• Oricon Weekly Physical Album ranking(Japan): Week of 11/8/2021-11/14/2021

15(NEW)1 Red(Taylor's Version)(3,301)

Oricon Weekly Digital Album ranking(Japan): Week of 11/8/2021-11/14/2021

8(NEW)1 Red(Taylor's Version)(515)

Oricon Weekly Western Music Album ranking(Japan): Week of 11/8/2021-11/14/2021

6(NEW)1 Red(Taylor's Version)

Only two days of tracking.
                                            Last edited by Mugen; Fri November 19, 2021, 01:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by CorneliaStreet View Post

Will it?
                                              Her last Taylor’s Version only spent 8 weeks on the UK chart and she didn’t have the Vinyl boost week one so yeah I’m pretty sure it will.

Comment

• 325k pure sales in a week in 2021 is amazing and people think Adele couldn't reach 1 million

Pure sales forces
                                                Last edited by Choley; Thu November 18, 2021, 21:35.

Comment

• Her numbers in the US are astounding, maybe that is why the 60k in the UK looks a bit small to me. But I get that the UK market is kinda dead right now.
                                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• UK sales are amazing for a TV.

Its higher then evermore/folklore im pretty sure
                                                    Last edited by wotad; Thu November 18, 2021, 23:56.
                                                    R.I.P Amy Winehouse :3

Comment

Working...
                                                    X