Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marina :: The "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land " Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lithuania

    51 (New) 01 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

    Comment


    • I wonder if in future people will hold off on vinyl release or super deluxe editions to give the album legs rather than being front loaded. Longevity & total sales are more important and first week peaks.
      Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

      Comment


      • Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
        I wonder if in future people will hold off on vinyl release or super deluxe editions to give the album legs rather than being front loaded. Longevity & total sales are more important and first week peaks.
        Yeah Marina's first albums in the US didn't peak high they collectively spent 3 weeks in the Billboard 200 but both have enough units to be awarded Gold and Electra Heart is moving towards Platinum quickly long term success and longevity is way better than a good debut for one week then crickets.

        Comment


        • 50 on the UK pure sales chart but fell out of the Top 100 chart after only 1 week. I'm pretty sure it'll re-enter in February but how high is the variable it could possibly re-peak with enough strategy put in.

          Comment


          • UK Sales

            50 (06) 02 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

            UK Physical

            61 (13) 02 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

            UK Digital

            46 (02) 02
            Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
            Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
              Billboard 200

              92 (NEW) 01 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
              now updated to 94 - see Billboard thread

              sales is now 27
              current sales 21

              Alternative still 10

              Comment


              • Not about this era but to lighten the mood a bit Primadonna and How To Be a Heartbreaker are now certified Platinum in the United States 1,000,000 units each and Oh No! is also certified Gold today! She still has some certifications that need to be updated according to my contact at Hits Daily Double but this is good news!

                Comment


                • UK OCC

                  65 (RE) 02 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land


                  Sales

                  13 (50) 03 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

                  Physical

                  11 (61) 03 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

                  Digital

                  92 (46) 03 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
                  Last edited by jjavier1978; Fri July 2, 2021, 18:21.
                  Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                    UK OCC

                    65 (RE) 02 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
                    back up from 155 within the top 200

                    it looks like those late shipped orders are the culprit

                    she's lost around a thousand sales from week 1. She would have had had a top 15, maybe top 12 album

                    and the problem seemed to be worse in America so she might come close to her original 94...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                      UK OCC

                      65 (RE) 02 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land


                      Sales

                      13 (50) 03 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

                      Physical

                      11 (61) 03 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

                      Digital

                      92 (46) 03 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
                      That's great this means she'll get at least 3 weeks in the Top 100 like Love + Fear. It'll re-enter in February when the Vinyls ship but how high is the question the potential to try and re-peak exists if effort is put in by her and her management. I'd be talking with her about a Deluxe to drop on February 25th along with the Venus Fly Trap Vinyls on that day both would add units when they ship on top of the album Vinyl pre-orders and new merchandise with CDs to ship on the 25th.

                      Comment


                      • Scotland

                        12 (RE) 02 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
                        Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                          Scotland

                          12 (RE) 02 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
                          Didn't it debut at 19? So it re-peaked this week?

                          Comment


                          • How much has she sold in total in the UK & US?
                            Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NeonGold View Post

                              Didn't it debut at 19? So it re-peaked this week?
                              Yes it debuted 19 and now 12 New peaks.
                              Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                How much has she sold in total in the UK & US?
                                In the UK 5,000 more or less in the USA 5,000 i think
                                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                  How much has she sold in total in the UK & US?
                                  First week in the US was 11,000 according to my Hits Daily Double contact. Any units from before release on the singles would be factored in too as the RIAA counts them. so in the US she is probably over 20k. In the UK I would say between 5-6k so far.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post

                                    Yes it debuted 19 and now 12 New peaks.
                                    Wow that's awesome. Hopefully this happens all over in February.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by NeonGold View Post

                                      Wow that's awesome. Hopefully this happens all over in February.
                                      How are you not annoyed that the only reason it's back is because of the late shipping CD/zine packages? Her label has messed up big time and those thousand sales this week should have gone towards the first week sales. There is no other explanation for why it suddenly rebounded this week. Peaks on the Scottish charts are quite irrelevant overall. It's the UK chart that matters.

                                      Yes, it gets an extra week on the charts but it shouldn't have happened. It will completely drop from the top 200 now.

                                      I don't get why you're not spitting feathers!

                                      Comment


                                      • It's happened again!

                                        This is nuts! https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-years__33519/

                                        https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10660844

                                        Comment


                                        • Yess God is GOOD!!

                                          UK Mid-Week #39
                                          Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Blondini View Post

                                            How are you not annoyed that the only reason it's back is because of the late shipping CD/zine packages? Her label has messed up big time and those thousand sales this week should have gone towards the first week sales. There is no other explanation for why it suddenly rebounded this week. Peaks on the Scottish charts are quite irrelevant overall. It's the UK chart that matters.

                                            Yes, it gets an extra week on the charts but it shouldn't have happened. It will completely drop from the top 200 now.

                                            I don't get why you're not spitting feathers!
                                            No I agree it's really annoying how this happened as if the 65th 3rd week position and roughly thousand lost first week units wasn't enough she is now in the midweek Top 40s 4 weeks in which is more sales that would have powered the debut week had they been out on time confirming Marina would have hit Top 10 even without Vinyls had the other formats shipped on time. With Vinyls she would have charted Top 5. I'm annoyed at how this played out completely.

                                            Comment


                                            • #17 - 3,412 sales [1,306 Physicals | 1,224 Streaming | 882 Downloads]
                                              #155 - 979 sales [332 Physicals | 560 Streaming | 87 Downloads]
                                              #65 - 1,473 sales [1,040 Physicals | 371 Streaming | 62 Downloads]

                                              Total: 5,864 sales

                                              buzzjack.uk

                                              Comment


                                              • Thanks You so much!
                                                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Dave2Hearts View Post
                                                  #17 - 3,412 sales [1,306 Physicals | 1,224 Streaming | 882 Downloads]
                                                  #155 - 979 sales [332 Physicals | 560 Streaming | 87 Downloads]
                                                  #65 - 1,473 sales [1,040 Physicals | 371 Streaming | 62 Downloads]

                                                  Total: 5,864 sales

                                                  buzzjack.uk
                                                  Do you know numbers for Marina's other albums? Thanks so much for sharing these.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Dave2Hearts View Post
                                                    #17 - 3,412 sales [1,306 Physicals | 1,224 Streaming | 882 Downloads]
                                                    #155 - 979 sales [332 Physicals | 560 Streaming | 87 Downloads]
                                                    #65 - 1,473 sales [1,040 Physicals | 371 Streaming | 62 Downloads]

                                                    Total: 5,864 sales

                                                    buzzjack.uk
                                                    Thank you for the sales. I like that it keeps coming back into the charts as the formats get shipped.
                                                    Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X