No announcement yet.

Marina :: The "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land " Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's definitely annoying but i suppose it adds some unpredictability to where it might land. Usually a sales-driven #39 ends up outside the top 100 by Friday. We'll see if it manages to keep a top 100 position. And if any other orders turn up during the week.

Week Four and people are getting their product they paid for months ago.

Comment

• UK Album Sales

18 (13) 04 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

UK Phylsical

18 (11) 04 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

UK Digital

92 (92) 04 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

Scotland

17 (12) 03
      Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
      Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
        UK Album Sales

18 (13) 04 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

UK Phylsical

18 (11) 04 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

UK Digital

92 (92) 04 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

Scotland

17 (12) 03
        Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
        Wish she landed in the Top 100 chart again. Do we know what it charted at?

Comment

• 133 this week in UK

Weekly sales: 3,412 - 979 - 1,473 - 974

Overall sales: 6,838

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
            133 this week in UK

Weekly sales: 3,412 - 979 - 1,473 - 974

Overall sales: 6,838

Thanks you!

Comment

• Taiwan

14 (RE) 02 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

Comment

• I hope she does some promo for this because the sales are so low!
                Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• On the Dom Pop Spotify podcast Marina confirmed a Deluxe Edition of Ancient Dreams In a Modern Land.

Comment

• The green album Vinyl is sold out on her website the clear and black are still in stock. This is good it means people are buying the Vinyls but if they are out of stock and the stock isn't replaced she's losing out on building sales for the next 6 months that would power her return to the charts with this album in February when the Vinyls ship so her team is cutting her out at the knees again. I don't think Marina gives 2 cents for the charts she's never conducted herself in the way that would suggest she does at least in the last decade but maybe she cares about her checking account and fans having sufficient supply??...

Comment

• It strikes me she’s not interested in charts but she must justify the expenses of her eras as she keeps getting to make albums on a major label without ever having to compromise her artistic vision. Even when they don’t sell a tonne she still keeps having complete creative control. Very rare nowadays. Kind of the same way Lana is.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                        It strikes me she’s not interested in charts but she must justify the expenses of her eras as she keeps getting to make albums on a major label without ever having to compromise her artistic vision. Even when they don’t sell a tonne she still keeps having complete creative control. Very rare nowadays. Kind of the same way Lana is.
                        Marina for the amount of promotion she has received is very successful. She has a Gold & Platinum RIAA catalog in the US, a foreign market for her. She's gotten almost no airplay, playlisting, and her albums aren't in big stores in America and she's still successful long term in one of the hardest markets for foreign acts to break. This means the label makes a lot of money off her between sales & concerts without actually needing to spend much money promoting her. This is why she's in control of her career like she is. If she was given more promotion especially back in the 2010-2012 window she would have been very popular given what she's done without it but she doesn't want that level of fame or type of career.

Lana is also intresting. Comparatively she is on the radio, on big playlists, & has her albums in stores in multiple variants (CDs + Vinyls) so she got the mainstream push Marina didn't that is why she's more famous. Born To Die makes up the majority of her sales between 6 albums and her follow up Ultraviolence sold less than a quarter of Born To Die and that's her 2nd most successful but she gained a very hard-core fanbase from Born To Die that is similar to Marina which gives Lana that same career flexibility when other artists without that fanbase who experienced a similar commercial drop after the debut would have suffered and been perhaps dropped depending on the contract while Lana is practically unaffected.

Comment

• Purge The Poison is number 1 on the UK Vinyl songs chart and 14 on the sales chart but it's streaming would be so low next to the other Top 100 tracks it doesn't have enough strength to reach the official Top 100 chart but if she shipped them the release week the song would have charted likely.

Comment

• Deluxe edition of the album out January the 7th featuring Happy Loner, Pink Convertible, and Free Woman as well as demos of Venus Fly Trap and Ancient Dreams the single.

Happy Loner is out now and is so angelic and lovely. Super relatable to anyone who's suffered from social anxiety in past or present.

Comment

• Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Need more time with Pink Convertible but Free Woman has a really nice flow to it.

Comment

• Top 10 on UK Itunes. Probably would re-enter if a physical version was released also.

Comment

• "Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land" has surpassed 100 million Spotify streams.
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land 12,639,139 12,619
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Flowers 3,070,162 3,065
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Goodbye 2,776,807 2,772
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Highly Emotional People 3,570,371 3,565
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land I Love You But I Love Me More 4,504,127 4,497
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Man's World 31,395,194 31,345
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land New America 3,329,281 3,324
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Pandora's Box 2,921,995 2,917
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Purge The Poison 17,360,354 17,332
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Venus Fly Trap 16,625,896 16,599
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land - Demo Version 24,870 25
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Free Woman 63,895 64
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Happy Loner 2,109,020 2,106
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Pink Convertible 263,828 263
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land Venus Fly Trap - Demo Version 29,754 30
                                    Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land 100,684,693 100,523

Comment

• Free Woman had 64 plays on Spotify?

Comment

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
                                        Free Woman had 64 plays on Spotify?
                                        No way it only got that tiny amount his addition must be wrong. Free Woman kinda tanked but it's doing better than 64 a day lol and the album is definitely gaining more than 100,000 a day I'm gonna add it up and post it later.

Comment

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
                                          Free Woman had 64 plays on Spotify?
                                          Originally posted by NeonGold View Post

No way it only got that tiny amount his addition must be wrong. Free Woman kinda tanked but it's doing better than 64 a day lol and the album is definitely gaining more than 100,000 a day I'm gonna add it up and post it later.
                                          Lol no I wasn't adding anything . The last column is EAS units according to Chartmasters, I just copy and pasted the whole table over from that site and forgot to delete it.

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post

Lol no I wasn't adding anything . The last column is EAS units according to Chartmasters, I just copy and pasted the whole table over from that site and forgot to delete it.
                                            Oh my apologies haha. Total units in the UK under the BPI?

Comment

• I would love to know total sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                                I would love to know total sales.
                                                US is 46,000 units according to my Hits Daily Double contact. That doesn't count any Vinyls as they haven't shipped yet so when they do that will go up. Total streams on Spotify stand at about 105,000,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeonGold View Post

US is 46,000 units according to my Hits Daily Double contact. That doesn't count any Vinyls as they haven't shipped yet so when they do that will go up. Total streams on Spotify stand at about 105,000,000.
                                                  These are great numbers honestly, she doesn't promote anything which I don't understand why! I've seen her live once, I have 2 copies of this album

Comment

Working...
                                                  X