Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Nope it was actually certified 2xP in August 2002, the week it left the Top 100

Comment

Still hanging with new releases
      Album: The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:
      #50 United States
      #62 United Kingdom
      #143 Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by Carta
        Originally posted by thebigham
        With streaming, maybe. Only if Guy Oseary/Madonna request an updated certification.
        Doesn't Warners have to initiate that, though? I doubt very much that Madonna or Guy contacted the BPI (or even Warners UK) and specifically requested that they certify TPOG (although I also don't understand why that particular single was "singled" out for certification now).
        I'm talking about the USA. Guy/M would contact WBR and ask for new certifications.

UK certifications are now automatic for post 1994 releases.

Comment

• [tweet:114p9m9y]https://twitter.com/bradgonewild/status/997931233538605056[/tweet:114p9m9y]

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger
            [tweet:10tnrmpw]https://twitter.com/bradgonewild/status/997931233538605056[/tweet:10tnrmpw]
            where is that picture taken?

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger
              [tweet:3fzpgp3q]https://twitter.com/bradgonewild/status/997931233538605056[/tweet:3fzpgp3q]
              That’s amazing!

Comment

It'd be amazing if it was possible.

The album shipped 6.3 million copies worldwide in 2005 according to the IFPI - I'd love to know where it shipped the other 6 million given it never again appeared inn an IFPI top 50.

Comment

• Maybe including track and streaming equivalents? Where does that come from anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct
                    Maybe including track and streaming equivalents? Where does that come from anyway?
                    According to the 1st reply of that tweet, the picture comes from a Mexican fan, so probaby a fan made plaque with the 12 million copies figure that many of her fans have been using for years.

Albums were not certified with SPS back in 2005/2006. Streaming didn't even exist back then.
                    And I highly doubt Warner is going to make a plaque for a 2005 album with SPS now.

As Wayne said, it was the 6th best seller worldwide in 2005 with 6.3 million copies shipped according to IFPI and it was not in 2006's IFPI Top 50.
                    http://www.ifpi.org/content/library/top ... f-2006.pdf

#50 shipped around 2 million copies that year, so probably 1.5 million or so for Confessions in 2006, 7.8 million copies shipped overall. Considering IFPI only covered physical sales back then, but the digital market was just starting, another million from digital sales... 8.5-9 million copies total max, imo.

Mediatraffic has it at 7.5 million copies sold between 2005 and 2006, according to their year end charts. Then it's at #60 with 9 million copies in the 2000-2009 decade chart.... assuming it sold another 1.5 million in the 2007-2009 period.
                    Chartmasters has it at 9.3 million.

12 million is not real.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho
                      Originally posted by Instinct
                      Maybe including track and streaming equivalents? Where does that come from anyway?
                      According to the 1st reply of that tweet, the picture comes from a Mexican fan, so probaby a fan made plaque with the 12 million copies
                      Nope, that's not what he said. He said that he took photo that this profile shared as you can see his reflection in the glass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
                        Originally posted by nympho
                        According to the 1st reply of that tweet, the picture comes from a Mexican fan, so probaby a fan made plaque with the 12 million copies
                        Nope, that's not what he said. He said that he took photo that this profile shared as you can see his reflection in the glass.
                        I know... He didn't say where he took the photo, though.

What I meant is that the photo didn't come from the Twitter account of a producer or some Warner executive or something... but from a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Westen

What I meant is that the photo didn't come from the Twitter account of a producer or some Warner executive or something... but from a fan.
                          We don't know where the pic came from, and I haven't seen Madonna fans using 12m figure, it was always around 10m.

If it was another artists I seriously doubt that people here would be trying to discredit it so hard.

Album: The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:
                          #43 United States (+9)
                          #44 United Kingdom (+22)
                          #122 Japan (-33)
                          #193 Canada (-50)

Comment

We don't know where the pic came from, and I haven't seen Madonna fans using 12m figure, it was always around 10m.

If it was another artists I seriously doubt that people here would be trying to discredit it so hard.
                            [tweet:1m1xfe4i]https://twitter.com/Getnakedney/status/864580115686141952[/tweet:1m1xfe4i]

[tweet:1m1xfe4i]https://twitter.com/MadonnaDailyID/status/796899525432459264[/tweet:1m1xfe4i]

[tweet:1m1xfe4i]https://twitter.com/MDNACharts/status/656862926075248640[/tweet:1m1xfe4i]

[tweet:1m1xfe4i]https://twitter.com/MadonnaCharts_/status/544083633481318400[/tweet:1m1xfe4i]

[tweet:1m1xfe4i]https://twitter.com/MadonnaARMY1/status/267575660103479297[/tweet:1m1xfe4i]

[tweet:1m1xfe4i]https://twitter.com/MadonnaGalaxy/status/136381557031182336[/tweet:1m1xfe4i]

Comment

• The fact that you actually searched for it on twitter and looked for even 7 YEARS old tweets, The fact that few tweets don't represent whole fanbase and general knowledge. Especially since none of the fans ever posted that figure here on UK Mix - place where we talk about sales and actually know something about sales unlike tweeter stans. While for example Mariah fan always use 12m figure for TEOM and I never see you bitching about that figure!

Comment

• Die hard stans do that all time. But here at UKMix ,a rare place with (mostly) educated fans,we don't see that.
                                I saw many delusionals using the 12m figure for Confessions through the years but I've seem so many Mariah fans using the same numbers (12 million) for Emancipation
                                I think it's a common thing that happens in all fanbases.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop
                                  I agree, and in a respected charts community like UKMIX, it's only right we pick apart these figures.

Not just for Madonna and Mariah but for Celine, Whitney, Janet and every other big female artist.

Comment

Die hard stans do that all time. But here at UKMix ,a rare place with (mostly) educated fans,we don't see that.
                                    I saw many delusionals using the 12m figure for Confessions through the years but I've seem so many Mariah fans using the same numbers (12 million) for Emancipation

Ofc it is, but you don't see nympho or other stans of other divas aka mods trying desperately to discredit that figure in Mariah's threads

Comment

• "Confessions on a dancefloor" is indeed between 9m - 9,5m units. 12m in pure sales is simply out of reach.

However I noticed that Confessions' CSPC total on Chartmasters is 12,4m, so maybe some people and fans are already starting using that figure, lets remember that many people don't use exclusive pure sales anymore and many are starting to use the full CSPC result total for albums posted on chartmasters. Also mediatraffic doesn't post pure sales numbers anymore as they started including streaming to their albums and people take those units as the real total now, for example, for many Katy's "Witness" album sold over 900K even though it probably sold like 600K in pure sales in reality.
                                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                        Originally posted by BodyShop
                                        I agree, and in a respected charts community like UKMIX, it's only right we pick apart these figures.

Not just for Madonna and Mariah but for Celine, Whitney, Janet and every other big female artist.
                                        I agree!
                                        It just bothers me when people seem to go crazy over it.
                                        These past weeks people seem to be so consumed with sales and biggest ever stars ,records and achievements ,it's borderline crazy,I think.
                                        I dislike seeing some things and I confront them sometimes but if the other person insist ,I go "ok,whatever"..
                                        Afterall,Madonna ,Mariah ,Celine and all the others are bathing in 100 dollar bills pools while I'm taking public transport to go to work so... Nevermind

Comment

The fact that you actually searched for it on twitter and looked for even 7 YEARS old tweets, The fact that few tweets don't represent whole fanbase and general knowledge. Especially since none of the fans ever posted that figure here on UK Mix - place where we talk about sales and actually know something about sales unlike tweeter stans. While for example Mariah fan always use 12m figure for TEOM and I never see you bitching about that figure!
                                          Originally posted by BodyShop
                                          Die hard stans do that all time. But here at UKMix ,a rare place with (mostly) educated fans,we don't see that.

Ofc it is, but you don't see nympho or other stans of other divas aka mods trying desperately to discredit that figure in Mariah's threads
                                          I don't know if you know how Twitter works but I just had to write "Confessions 12 million" in the search box... It took me 2 seconds.
                                          And I did it cause you said "you've never seen fans saying that"... So here you have it, different fans accounts using that figure for many years...

Did I say "fans in UKMix"? Did I say "the whole fanbase"? Not, right? I said many of her fans have been using that figure. And that's just an example from Twitter.

Stop playing the victim and being soooo defensive... Nobody is trying to discredit the 9 million figure, which is legit... We're simply saying that plaque must be fake or definitely not covering only sales of the album, as 12 million is simply impossible. Not "Trying desperately to discredit that figure".

Comment

I don't know if you know how Twitter works but I just had to write "Confessions 12 million" in the search box... It took me 2 seconds.
                                            And I did it cause you said "you've never seen fans saying that"... So here you have it, different fans accounts using that figure for many years...

Did I say "fans in UKMix"? Did I say "the whole fanbase"? Not, right? I said many of her fans have been using that figure. And that's just an example from Twitter.

Stop playing the victim and being soooo defensive... Nobody is trying to discredit the 9 million figure, which is legit... We're simply saying that plaque must be fake or definitely not covering only sales of the album, as 12 million is simply impossible. Not "Trying desperately to discredit that figure".
                                            You have totally different point of view when it comes to other artists, especially those you stan for.

If you have problem with twitter stans fight with them there for that figure, here no one uses 12m figure.

Start being objective and I'll stop being defensive.

I can't wait for new era to start to see you glowing again in her thread

Comment

• whatever units it sold, it must likely outsold Kylie's best selling effort, that is for sure lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by babyshower
                                                whatever units it sold, it must likely outsold Kylie's best selling effort, that is for sure lol!

I fail to see how was that relevant to the topic?

Comment

Originally posted by babyshower
                                                  whatever units it sold, it must likely outsold Kylie's best selling effort, that is for sure lol!

I was wondering the same

Comment

Originally posted by babyshower

I was wondering the same
                                                    That's because Nympho seems to like Kylie whereas he holds a grudge against Madonna for his fave. Usual stuff. So, I guess that was a personal attack. ;-)

Anyway, there's no way Confessions on the dance floor can have sold that many copies. In the year 2010s, Confessions didn't sell that much.
                                                    Confessions was huge everywhere in the world but much handicapped in the USA after the conservative trolling following American Life on the radio and on the internet.
                                                    Confessions sold so little after in the 2010s...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X