Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BodyShop
    Originally posted by AndiIversen
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    Did it really sell that through BMG and Columbia tho?
    BMG's number was released by BMG themselves, as for Columbia, figures were never released but we do know that Columbia House was at least 3 times bigger than BMG (it was the biggest music club in America by far back then) , so even if we double what an artist sold at BMG that would mean people are being conservative when giving estimates. That goes for all artists/albums sold there.
    So,is that 490k number that madboy posted for Ray of Light through BMG ,real?
    And we could assume that the album sold another 1 million through Columbia ?
    Witch means we could estimate its total to be around 5.5 million ?
    Not really, BMG gave 459k sold for ROL
    The number for Columbia could be anyone's guess, but it's safer to assume it sold close to 1M

    Comment


    • Madonna might be miles ahead in OTHER countries. Whereas Janet might be outdoing her in the US. Have you seen her streams for Bedtime Stories, Music, Ray of Light?

      "Frozen" has less than 10 million streams on Spotify worldwide.

      "Together Again" has 23 million, "I Get Lonely" has 11 million and "Got Til It's Gone" has almost 21 million = 55 million just for those 3 records.

      "Ray of Light" as a whole only has 47.9 million streams on Spotify. Those 3 Janet songs alone have streamed more than the entire ROL album.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by thebigham
        The top selling Madonna singles last week (5/26 Billboard charts):

        1. Like a Prayer 612
        2. Vogue 328
        3. Into the Groove 319
        4. Material Girl 318
        5. La Isla Bonita 312
        Those are good catalog sales imp especially now when that market is dead.

        What about totals? When was the last time we got totals for her singles that weren't HU, 4M and LAP, in 2008?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AndiIversen
          Originally posted by BodyShop
          Originally posted by AndiIversen
          Originally posted by BodyShop
          Did it really sell that through BMG and Columbia tho?
          BMG's number was released by BMG themselves, as for Columbia, figures were never released but we do know that Columbia House was at least 3 times bigger than BMG (it was the biggest music club in America by far back then) , so even if we double what an artist sold at BMG that would mean people are being conservative when giving estimates. That goes for all artists/albums sold there.
          So,is that 490k number that madboy posted for Ray of Light through BMG ,real?
          And we could assume that the album sold another 1 million through Columbia ?
          Witch means we could estimate its total to be around 5.5 million ?
          Not really, BMG gave 459k sold for ROL
          The number for Columbia could be anyone's guess, but it's safer to assume it sold close to 1M
          viewtopic.php?t=36950" target="_blank

          error about 490 sorry

          Comment


          • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
            Madonna might be miles ahead in OTHER countries. Whereas Janet might be outdoing her in the US. Have you seen her streams for Bedtime Stories, Music, Ray of Light?

            "Frozen" has less than 10 million streams on Spotify worldwide.

            "Together Again" has 23 million, "I Get Lonely" has 11 million and "Got Til It's Gone" has almost 21 million = 55 million just for those 3 records.

            "Ray of Light" as a whole only has 47.9 million streams on Spotify. Those 3 Janet songs alone have streamed more than the entire ROL album.
            Nope. None of this is true. Madonna's streams are separated. Check that next time you post.

            Frozen had 24,7m last time I counted her streams.

            Comment


            • bmg:

              1986 - Madonna - True Blue - 301,000
              1984 - Madonna - Like a Virgin - 882,000
              1990 - Madonna - Immaculate Collection - 1,460,000
              1998 - Madonna - Ray Of Light - 459,000
              Remasters 3 Pack - 11,000
              Early Years - 8,000

              1989 - Like A Prayer - 244,000
              1992 - Erotica - 84,000
              1994 - Bedtime Stories - 195,000
              1995 - Something to Remember - 179,000
              2000 - Music - 97,000
              2001 - GHV2 - 90,000

              Comment


              • Between 2001-2004 the main US b!tches released albums which flopped in the USA. I cannot grasp the concept of these amazing records doing so little. Early 2000s teens really showed no taste whatsoever. Many Maddy stans refer to AL as their favourite album while Glitter is a cult classic among the lambs.

                1,054,043 - Damita Jo
                685,638 - American Life
                660,300 - Glitter

                I stan for all three albums tbqf and nobody can convince me otherwise.
                My Chart

                Comment


                • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
                  Madonna might be miles ahead in OTHER countries. Whereas Janet might be outdoing her in the US. Have you seen her streams for Bedtime Stories, Music, Ray of Light?

                  "Frozen" has less than 10 million streams on Spotify worldwide.

                  "Together Again" has 23 million, "I Get Lonely" has 11 million and "Got Til It's Gone" has almost 21 million = 55 million just for those 3 records.

                  "Ray of Light" as a whole only has 47.9 million streams on Spotify. Those 3 Janet songs alone have streamed more than the entire ROL album.
                  That's why im eager to know numbers for Celebration and The Immaculate Collection.
                  The number of streams for Frozen,for example, are higher than that.
                  Her streams are divided and not counted together under the same title,like Westen said.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by thebigham
                    The top selling Madonna singles last week (5/26 Billboard charts):

                    1. Like a Prayer 612
                    2. Vogue 328
                    3. Into the Groove 319
                    4. Material Girl 318
                    5. La Isla Bonita 312
                    great sales... imagine an average of 500 per week for LaP... that would be 26,000 copies per year... (and that's only the US).
                    My Chart

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BodyShop
                      Originally posted by lovedeluxe
                      Madonna might be miles ahead in OTHER countries. Whereas Janet might be outdoing her in the US. Have you seen her streams for Bedtime Stories, Music, Ray of Light?

                      "Frozen" has less than 10 million streams on Spotify worldwide.

                      "Together Again" has 23 million, "I Get Lonely" has 11 million and "Got Til It's Gone" has almost 21 million = 55 million just for those 3 records.

                      "Ray of Light" as a whole only has 47.9 million streams on Spotify. Those 3 Janet songs alone have streamed more than the entire ROL album.
                      That's why im eager to know numbers from Celebration and The Immaculate Collection.
                      The number of streams for Frozen are higher than that.
                      Her streams are divided and not counted together under the same title,if i got it right.
                      And that's simply not fair. Other artists have their songs counted the same for both studio albums and GHs sinc eno one can know how much streams came from listening album and how much from GH, and they count totals for both, while ofc Warner had to make another mess with Madonna.

                      Comment


                      • I just checked Spotify. Frozen less than 10

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by stevyy

                          great sales... imagine an average of 500 per week for LaP... that would be 26,000 copies per year... (and that's only the US).

                          Basically the same number came from UK last time we had update.

                          Comment


                          • If you can show me how it's more than that. I'm cool with it. However, those 3 Janet records still seems to have out-streamed ROL.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AndiIversen
                              Originally posted by BodyShop
                              Originally posted by AndiIversen
                              Originally posted by BodyShop
                              Did it really sell that through BMG and Columbia tho?
                              BMG's number was released by BMG themselves, as for Columbia, figures were never released but we do know that Columbia House was at least 3 times bigger than BMG (it was the biggest music club in America by far back then) , so even if we double what an artist sold at BMG that would mean people are being conservative when giving estimates. That goes for all artists/albums sold there.
                              So,is that 490k number that madboy posted for Ray of Light through BMG ,real?
                              And we could assume that the album sold another 1 million through Columbia ?
                              Witch means we could estimate its total to be around 5.5 million ?
                              Not really, BMG gave 459k sold for ROL
                              The number for Columbia could be anyone's guess, but it's safer to assume it sold close to 1M
                              If the total number for RoL including TEA,SEA are around 4 million and we add 460k for BMG +around 1 million for COLUMBIA, we get to around 5.5 million.
                              None of this matter as she wont be recertified but I'm only asking to keep a pwrsonal estimation regarding her albums.
                              Thanks ,Andilversen

                              Comment


                              • Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

                                ^^ that is why the RIAA is useless... when labels don't pay and request for certs, then said artist will be handed down the alltime RIAA list under false pretenses.
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
                                  I just checked Spotify. Frozen less than 10
                                  That's coming from RoL alone.
                                  Frozen is also included on GHV2 and Celebration.
                                  We're only discussing the song's total streams ,the one that comes from RoL are correct and are factored in the album's 'sales' .

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
                                    If you can show me how it's more than that. I'm cool with it. However, those 3 Janet records still seems to have out-streamed ROL.
                                    Sure, just open Spptfy and check both Album and GH versions. Same for ROL single that has almost 20m overall.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by BodyShop
                                      Originally posted by lovedeluxe
                                      I just checked Spotify. Frozen less than 10
                                      That's coming from RoL alone.
                                      Frozen is also included on GHV2 and Celebration.
                                      We're inly discussing the song's total streams ,the ine that comes from RoL are correct and are factored in the album's 'sales' .
                                      Now post streaming numbers for Design of a decade so we can see how close it is to 400m.

                                      Comment


                                      • Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

                                        You also have to factor in Apple Music, Amazon etc. and if Vevo is included in that 66.1 million streams come just from 9 videos on DOAD. https://www.youtube.com/user/JanetJacksonVEVO/videos

                                        Comment


                                        • UK OCC

                                          Digital Albums

                                          41 (52) 24 The Immaculate Collection

                                          Scottish

                                          69 (60) 173 The Immaculate Collection
                                          Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
                                            You also have to factor in Apple Music, Amazon etc. and if Vevo is included in that 66.1 million streams come just from 9 videos on DOAD. https://www.youtube.com/user/JanetJacksonVEVO/videos
                                            Oh so Madonna has zero coming from that because none of her older videos were uploaded on vevo

                                            Numbers are still fishy do, that's 66m overall, US numbers are less than that, added to that Spotify as the biggest service, and then smaller markets like apple, amazon and tidal it's still not possible to me that it's close to 400m.

                                            Maybe nympho can explain it better.

                                            Comment


                                            • Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

                                              Well, they aren't fishy. That's what they are.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
                                                Well, they aren't fishy. That's what they are.
                                                How do you explain lost 2m in sales?

                                                Comment


                                                • thank you thebigham.

                                                  im wait for the others...

                                                  Comment


                                                  • columbia seller more than the bmg?

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X