ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO 1,669,544
    ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 1,689,370 1xP
    STREAMING ON-DEMAND 80,419,758

4 copies sold last week
    119 year to date
    I thought this had sold more...
    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• ^It's been at 1.3 million for a long time.

Comment

• Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

At 119 copies in 2018. It will probably sell about 300-400 in total by the end of the year. No big shock. It's not exactly the hits album people are searching for.

Comment

• GHV2 had no new songs, no new singles, it never had promo, it was just cash in release at the time, and the fact that it managed to sell over 6m just on the back of her name is amazing.
          I am curious about Celebration, if it ended up overtaking TIC in Us or not. We have no idea what kind of seller it is since last update we had was still during its first year of release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
            So no more updates for the rest of her albums? I am the most curious about Celebration, I have no idea where it might be, is it good catalog seller or not.

Sold last week
            1,741 The immaculate Collection
            373 Like a Virgin
            157 Ray of Light
            68 American Life
            49 Confessions on a Dance Floor
            41 Rebel Heart
            29 Bedtime Stories
            26 MDNA
            16 Hard Candy
            4 GHV2
            * Music
            * Something to Remember

*no info
            What about Music and STR, lovedeluxe or the bigham?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale
              Originally posted by thebigham
              Slowly trickling in...

Through the 5/26 Billboard charts

GHV2 (Listed as Vol. 2- Greatest Hits)

ALBUM SALES: 1,397,910
              ALBUMS W/TEA 1,635,757
              ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO 1,669,544
              ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 1,689,370 1xP
              STREAMING ON-DEMAND 80,419,758

4 copies sold last week
              119 year to date
              I thought this had sold more...
              1.669.544 sales
              + 90 club sales bmg
              = 1.759.000

But if columbia house was double than the bmg, more stock in the strores...

2platinum maybe in future?

Comment

• Can I ask where these figures came from? I've never seen them before until now!

Originally posted by madboy1
                bmg:

1986 - Madonna - True Blue - 301,000
                1984 - Madonna - Like a Virgin - 882,000
                1990 - Madonna - Immaculate Collection - 1,460,000
                1998 - Madonna - Ray Of Light - 459,000
                Remasters 3 Pack - 11,000
                Early Years - 8,000

1989 - Like A Prayer - 244,000
                1992 - Erotica - 84,000
                1994 - Bedtime Stories - 195,000
                1995 - Something to Remember - 179,000
                2000 - Music - 97,000
                2001 - GHV2 - 90,000

Comment

viewtopic.php?t=36950

Comment

This site too
                    www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=47877

Comment

• ^ Thanks, didn't know we had full BMG information for both Madonna and Janet.

Aware of the top 100 - but nothing beyond that.

Comment

• The second link speak about almost all madonna albuns...
                        In top 100: 4 albuns.

(Nothing about madonna, whos that girl, you can dance or im breathless)

About madonnas album in colunbia, nothing, only this:

http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/lattimer/A.html

http://skao.tripod.com/pick.html

List of this albuns on columbia.

Comment

• I found these data about Columbia House Club a few years ago, I should have a link somewhere:

The Immaculate Collection: 3M+
                          Like A Virgin: 2M+
                          True Blue: 1M+
                          Evita: 1M+

*EDIT*
                          The link (unofficial, still...)
                          https://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthr ... p=15377738
                          "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay
                            I found these data about Columbia House Club a few years ago, I should have a link somewhere:

The Immaculate Collection: 3M+
                            Like A Virgin: 2M+
                            True Blue: 1M+
                            Evita: 1M+
                            Your figures likely form part of this list, which was fake/false: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98516&p=4448992#p4448992

Comment

• ouch, Iíve veen keeping it for more than 10 years
                              "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

Everyone should just stop talking about CH sales. There are lots of different factors that go into club sales, including the selection of the month. Which automatically gets sent to its club members.

We don't know anything about CH sales. Until we get actually facts, you just can't assume because it sold a certain amount at BMG it did the same at CH.

Comment

• ^Agreed.

Comment

So it seems that we won't get an update on Madonna, LAV, TB, LAP, Erotica and Celebration

Comment

• ^Patience, grasshopper.

For albums released before 1993, they have changed tabulation methods for unknown reasons. TIC's sales are from 1993 until today which is why the figure is not 6 million.

My source says the exact numbers can be figured out, but he/she does not have time and or energy to do it.

Comment

• I'll be more than pleased with Celebration tho . Especially the SPS total
                                        Although TIC stream numbers should be fantastic to know ,even more so than its sales per se

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
                                          ^Patience, grasshopper.

For albums released before 1993, they have changed tabulation methods for unknown reasons. TIC's sales are from 1993 until today which is why the figure is not 6 million.

My source says the exact numbers can be figured out, but he/she does not have time and or energy to do it.
                                          Yeah, lovedeluxe explained to me that it is because other formats and versions were scanned differently, it's what Bojan already did for Janet where he counted different versions and combined sales for overall totals

But what about how much they sold last week, albums released before 1993? We only have LAv and its sales are quite healty

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
                                            Originally posted by thebigham
                                            ^Patience, grasshopper.

Yeah, lovedeluxe explained to me that it is because other formats and versions were scanned differently, it's what Bojan already did for Janet where he counted different versions and combined sales for overall totals

But what about how much they sold last week, albums released before 1993? We only have LAv and its sales are quite healty
                                            "The Velvet Rope" was the only Janet album after 1993 that had different versions (but those were all streaming/iTunes related I think). It seems that those were the "mastered for iTunes" versions but I am not 100% sure.

Everything Madonna (and everyone else) related after 1993 is pretty much all accounted for. It's the pre-1993 releases that are not tabulated together like they are after 1993. It's probably the way sales were reported to SoundScan then? I don't know.

Comment

I think "Music" had versions not counted, because i remember saving Soundscan numbers that put the album at 2.945.000 copies. I'm seeing now that even Nichu had this figure on page 1 of this thread.

Comment

Import sales are counted for soundscan?

Comment

• Originally posted by frankie_85
                                                  I think "Music" had versions not counted, because i remember saving Soundscan numbers that put the album at 2.945.000 copies. I'm seeing now that even Nichu had this figure on page 1 of this thread.
                                                  Nope.

There is an "Music (Import)"

Album Sales 3,557
                                                  2 copies sold this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by frankie_85
                                                    BB reported 2,934,00 Dec 2016 - https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... lbum-sales

This year it has sold 567 copies.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X