Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
    I'm not sure how they combine the streaming. That part I don't get yet.

    However you're wrong about "Frozen" (which you spoke about in the MC board). SS has two versions of "Frozen" listed.

    "Frozen" which has 10,600,366 streams in the US
    "Frozen (edit)" which has zero streams/sales/airplay listed.
    Oh god you totally missed the point. I'm not talking about streams for a song, i'm talking about streams for an album.

    Frozen streamed from celebration is counted for celebration since it's coming from celebration and it's not counted for rol album that has its own a version of a song.

    For a song overall they are combining streams.

    For albums there is simply no logic in doing it. In madonna's case we know how much streams are coming from studio albums and how much from GHs.

    For other artists who have their catalog properly uploaded we don't know for a 100m streaming song how much came from listening studio album and how much from GHs, so in that case streams of that one song are counted for both albums.

    Comment


    • Of course you’re ignoring it.
      You said that Celebration should be Certified 2xPlatinum because its total with TEA and SEA is 2.35 million.

      That include 1.5 million TEA from 15 million tracks sold. The only songs’ TEA not duplicated there is the one from Celebration and Revolver.
      How much did they sell combined? 0.5 million? 1 million? Not even 100k out of those 1.5 million TEA.

      So, again, you said Celebration should be 2xPlatinum and, removing all that duplicated TEA is not even at 1 million copies.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nympho
        Of course you’re ignoring it.
        You said that Celebration should be Certified 2xPlatinum because its total with TEA and SEA is 2.35 million.

        That include 1.5 million TEA from 15 million tracks sold. The only songs’ TEA not duplicated there is the one from Celebration and Revolver.
        How much did they sell combined? 0.5 million? 1 million? Not even 100k out of those 1.5 million TEA.

        So, again, you said Celebration should be 2xPlatinum and, removing all that duplicated TEA is not even at 1 million copies.
        How do you know how much singles were downloaded from studio albums and how much from Celebration?

        Unlike with streaming, SS/Riaa can easily know if single was downloaded from studio album or GH.

        If LAP has 1,1m downloads overall, but for example 0,8m were remastered versions from Celebration, are those 0,8m counted for Celebration or overall 1,1m?

        To me there is no logic in counting downloads that didn't came from this album.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Westen
          Originally posted by lovedeluxe
          I'm not sure how they combine the streaming. That part I don't get yet.

          However you're wrong about "Frozen" (which you spoke about in the MC board). SS has two versions of "Frozen" listed.

          "Frozen" which has 10,600,366 streams in the US
          "Frozen (edit)" which has zero streams/sales/airplay listed.
          Oh god you totally missed the point. I'm not talking about streams for a song, i'm talking about streams for an album.

          Frozen streamed from celebration is counted for celebration since it's coming from celebration and it's not counted for rol album that has its own a version of a song.

          For a song overall they are combining streams.

          For albums there is simply no logic in doing it. In madonna's case we know how much streams are coming from studio albums and how much from GHs.

          For other artists who have their catalog properly uploaded we don't know for a 100m streaming song how much came from listening studio album and how much from GHs, so in that case streams of that one song are counted for both albums.

          I'm not sure if that's the case. Janet's "ICON" has 160 million streams, "#1's" has over 400 million, but "janet." still has also 120 million.

          I think SoundScan is lumping all of the streams into the "hits" albums and the regular albums. How Billboard decides on separating the info is probably different.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
            I think SoundScan is lumping all of the streams into the "hits" albums and the regular albums. How Billboard decides on separating the info is probably different.
            Well that is the case if songs are not separated.

            Example: If That's the way love goes has 30m streams, those 30m streams will count for janet. ICON, and Number Ones

            If Frozen has 10m streams on ROL, it will count for ROL. If it has 15m on Celebration it will count for Celebration. Simple as that, songs are separated and streamed as different songs.

            Adding streams from rol to celebration and vice versa is simply not logical, it would've been same if they decided to add Swim streams from ROL to Celebration. Those streams are simply not related or relevant to the album.

            So for Madonna, since all singles except of Hung Up, Music, Hollywood and Die Another Day on Celebration are separated, they are simply not duplicated on studio albums, TIC or Celebration.

            Comment


            • What Westen is saying here makes total sense .
              I take it from my experience.
              Every single time I stream Frozen,I go to Celebration and select it.
              If I go to RoL ,it's like I was streaming another song.
              Different covers and everything.
              Same applies for Vogue. Always,from Celebration. Never from TIC and much less from I'm Breathless.
              There's absolutely no reason to believe there's any other way of counting different than this !

              Frozen on Ray of Light is 6:07 minutes long, Frozen on Celebration is 6:18 minutes long anf Frozen in GHV2 IS 5:08 minutes long.
              Definitely 3 different songs when counting the number of streams.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BodyShop
                What Westen is saying here makes total sense .
                I take it from my experience.
                Every single time I stream Frizen,I go to Celebration and select it.
                If I go to RoL ,it's like I was streaming another song.
                Different covers and everything.
                Same applies for Vogue. Always,from Celebration. Nevwr from TIC and much less from I'm Breathless.
                There's absolutely no reason to believe there's any other way of counting different than this !

                Frozen on Ray of Light is 6:07 minutes long, Frozen on Celebration is 6:18 minutes long anf Frizen in GHV2 IS 5:08 minutes long.
                Definitely 3 different songs when counting the number of streams.
                Yeah, but songs can be combined if label does the work right.

                I think mariah's someday on her debut and live version on that live EP are counted together.

                For Madonna that's not the case and her streams are not duplicated other than few songs (Music, Hung Up, Hollywood, Die another day)

                Comment


                • It's absolutely amazing how there's always drama whenever a somehow 'good ' number is announced for Madonna
                  Simply wow !

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Westen
                    Originally posted by Bojan
                    The most of Madonna's streams are coming from Latin America and Europe, not the USA.
                    Lol what a BS.


                    Los Angeles because 48.5% of the population is Hispanic.

                    IFPI Global Music Report 2018:
                    Latin America continued its upward trajectory, with 17.7% growth in revenue, up on 2016’s increase of 8.5%. Overall, the region showed the highest level of growth globally, driven largely by a 48.9% increase in streaming revenues that helped offset a 41.5% decline in physical revenue. Growth was seen across the whole region (see case study on page 30), but most notably in Peru (21.7%), Chile (14.3%), Colombia (10.5%) and Mexico (7.9%). The region’s largest market, Brazil, has returned to impressive growth (17.9%) after a 3.0% decline in 2016.
                    Gone.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BodyShop
                      It's absolutely amazing how there's always drama whenever a somehow 'good ' number is announced for Madonna
                      Simply wow !
                      Exactly, no one mentioned DUPLICATED STREAMS!!!!!11 when they were big for other artists. It shows how objective some people are here

                      Comment


                      • I was about to write this.
                        You had great numbers for Britney Spears regarding her 'My Prerogative ' greatest hits.
                        Same for Celine's 'All The Way'.
                        Dis you see anyone there discrediting those numbers or saying they were duplicate and therefore Celine shouldn't receive a Diamond Certificate for it ??
                        Or on the Britney thread when this : "ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 2,955,239 "was posted about My Prerrogative and that it should be awarded 3x Platinum ?
                        Answer:No!
                        I'm sorry,but this is such an embarrassing and borderline trolling behavior ,to point those facts (and to INSIST on them) ONLY when it comes to Madonna!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BodyShop
                          I was about to write this.
                          You had great numbers for Britney Spears regarding her 'My Prerogative ' greatest hits.
                          Same for Celine's 'All The Way'.
                          Dis you see anyone there discrediting those numbers or saying they were duplicate and therefore Celine shouldn't receive a Diamond Certificate for it ??
                          Or on the Britney thread when this : "ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 2,955,239 "was posted about My Prerrogative and that it should be awarded 3x Platinum ?
                          Answer:No!
                          I'm sorry,but this is such an embarrassing and borderline trolling behavior ,to point those facts (and to INSIST on them) ONLY when it comes to Madonna!
                          Even worse, it's coming from a mod.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bojan
                            Originally posted by Westen
                            Originally posted by Bojan
                            The most of Madonna's streams are coming from Latin America and Europe, not the USA.
                            Lol what a BS.


                            Los Angeles because 48.5% of the population is Hispanic.

                            Lol this doesn't support your argument at all, it simply shows that she has bigger audience on Spotify than Janet. Since her biggest US city also has more listeners than Janet's biggest US city.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bojan
                              Los Angeles because 48.5% of the population is Hispanic.
                              I just....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MusicLover88
                                Originally posted by Bojan
                                Los Angeles because 48.5% of the population is Hispanic.
                                I just....
                                Don't you love how fast Bojan tracked all the people down in LA and found out that only Hispanic people streamed Madonna there?

                                Comment


                                • What does it even matter? It's still America ffs

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by BodyShop
                                    I was about to write this.
                                    You had great numbers for Britney Spears regarding her 'My Prerogative ' greatest hits.
                                    Same for Celine's 'All The Way'.
                                    Dis you see anyone there discrediting those numbers or saying they were duplicate and therefore Celine shouldn't receive a Diamond Certificate for it ??
                                    Or on the Britney thread when this : "ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 2,955,239 "was posted about My Prerrogative and that it should be awarded 3x Platinum ?
                                    Answer:No!
                                    I'm sorry,but this is such an embarrassing and borderline trolling behavior ,to point those facts (and to INSIST on them) ONLY when it comes to Madonna!
                                    It was specified in the Britney thread that the label could decide where to count those units and that if they'd decided to use them in order to certify "GH:MP" then those same TEAS / SEAS wouldn't be able to be used again for previous albums (BOMT, OIDIA, Britney, or ITZ).

                                    However I do get and relate with your comment that it seems that every little good chart-related thing that is announced for Madonna (and I would say for Britney too) seems to make many people unhappy, reactive and pressed for some strange reason.

                                    You see on other threads people prasing Gold albums or cheering up the most trivial "achievements" but when it comes to Madonna (and I say Britney because I've felt it too) its always "fake", "wrong", "overestimated", "impossible", etc.
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Bojan
                                      Originally posted by Westen
                                      Originally posted by Bojan
                                      The




                                      Los Angeles because 48.5% of the population is Hispanic.
                                      Could u be more ridiculous than this?

                                      Comment


                                      • 92,457 listeners among Madonna's Top 5 cities are coming from the USA and 795,380 from the rest of the world, or more precisely:
                                        529,533 Latin America
                                        256,847 London
                                        92,457 Los Angeles

                                        It's the fact that Madonna's most loyal fans are from Latin America. It's obvious on social networks too. According to IFPI, Latin America has the highest level of growth globally, so that's great for her. Nothing to complain about.

                                        When I make a mistake, I admit a mistake. Even when I argue with "Chart Masters" guy on Twitter, unlike him who just change a subject whenever he has no arguments or can't beat mine. Nobody should have a problem with it. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone here nor taking anyone's side, I just hope that we could have less aggressive and more argumentative conversation and that we won't be afraid of making mistakes and admitting them. Instead of feeling ashamed because of it, I like when someone corrects me. That's how I learned (and I'm still learning) English and many other things. That's the beauty of conversation.
                                        Gone.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by MrLeonix

                                          It was specified in the Britney thread that the label could decide where to count those units and that if they'd decided to use them in order to certify "GH:MP" then those same TEAS / SEAS wouldn't be able to be used again for previous albums (BOMT, OIDIA, Britney, or ITZ).
                                          It was indeed. But still, her figures were not discredited nor refuted .
                                          But you got the point
                                          I just leave it here ,it's crystal clear for everyone who wants to see it

                                          Still in hope to see TIC numbers .
                                          Thanks a lot for your time and hard work, thebigham !

                                          Comment


                                          • I think its fantastic that Madonna has a big following in Europe and Latin America, that just shows how much of a force she is in the world because she's already the second most powerful female artist in the US only after Barbra Streisand so it says a lot that there are other markets out there where she's even more massive.
                                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Bojan
                                              92,457 listeners among Madonna's Top 5 cities are coming from the USA and 795,380 from the rest of the world, or more precisely:
                                              529,533 Latin America
                                              256,847 London
                                              92,457 Los Angeles

                                              It's the fact that Madonna's most loyal fans are from Latin America. It's obvious on social networks too.

                                              When I make a mistake, I admit a mistake. Even when I argue with "Chart Maters" guy on Twitter, unlike him who just change a subject when he has no arguments or can't beat mine. Nobody should have a problem with it. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone here nor taking anyone's side, I just hope that we could have less aggressive and more argumentative conversation and that we won't be afraid of making mistakes and admitting when we do. Instead of feeling ashamed because of it, I like when someone corrects me. That's how I learned (and I'm still learning) English and many other things.
                                              This post of yours ,opens a gate to SO. many things to be pointed out but I'll refrain .
                                              Simply because I really don't like the way you always play this game of 'I'm so nice and don't get why everyone is so agressive to me'
                                              Either way,feel free to go as much offtopic as you want .

                                              Comment


                                              • Western,

                                                You can't compare how Janet is doing with her streaming success to Madonna's.

                                                Rap is the #1 format right now. Rap listeners are probably R&B + old school R&B fans as well. Of course they probably listen to Janet as well, which is why songs like "I Get Lonely," "Got Til It's Gone" and "Any Time, Any Place" are some of her most streamed songs over some of her BIGGEST pop hits (Someone to Call My Lover, Miss You Much, All for You, Doesn't Really Matter) by larger numbers. So in the streaming market in the US, Janet probably has a larger lead with pop, dance, R&B and hip-hip fans because she appeals to more markets here. R&B/Hip-Hop is a market that Madonna won't really reach in the US (which again is #1 in streaming right now).

                                                That's why Janet's ten track "ICON" cd has 150,000,000 streams.

                                                Madonna has still done great numbers either way you look at it, but you can't assume that because Janet has done a certain amount streams that Madonna should be higher. Outside of the US I don't doubt Madonna would be beat Janet. As far as the US where R&B/Hip-Hop is massive and at the same time Janet was a major pop stars, she has a larger appeal. That's why Janet's albums have out-streamed all of Madonna's in US. Which still isn't a bad thing. Madonna at her core is a POP artist. Janet's albums always had a bigger appeal in because she was pop/R&B and dance.

                                                Comment


                                                • What am I now accused of exactly? For sharing SoundScan and Spotify stats some of you expected to be different, or for the praise of Madonna's popularity among Hispanic people? Is that even something bad? Did you vote for Trump, or would you if you could?
                                                  Gone.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
                                                    Western,

                                                    You can't compare how Janet is doing with her streaming success to Madonna's.
                                                    Could you just stop bringing Janet all the time to this thread? ... All I see you doing here is posting about Janet's numbers, how she's doing, etc.

                                                    We don't care about Janet's numbers in this thread.
                                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X