Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You have a point but how can we focus on real information if its not being shared

    Comment


    • I didn't know it was the MJD thread. Was looking for Madonna's.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CandyShop
        Originally posted by MrLeonix
        What I always find funny and weird is that most Madonna fans never complain about chartmasters or MJD and most seem to be ok with his numbers . . . . yet other people who are not Madonna fans always come to Madonna's threads to complain and have a MJD rant

        Its like they can't see people happy and ok with numbers so they need to somehow ruin the party.
        Indeed, we were discussing True Blue sales, and Janet stan, who for their own admission didn’t know a hell about M figures, still feel the need to take that as example to start the war against MJD, bringing up Janet number and starting the mess that nothing had to do with Madonna chart thread...... obviously all of this sided by some mods
        Actually you posted 8 times in the last 2 pages about this Chartmasters / MJD discussion, you took part in that “mess” actively... so don’t play the victim card now.
        Next time, report the 1st off topic message and ignore it... Instead of replying over and over and then complain about the thread being a mess and off topic.

        Anyway, I’ve had enough of MJD in this thread (or in this forum tbh), so stop going off topic. All of you. While I think it’s an interesting conversation, this is not the right place.
        Back to Madonna.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
          Originally posted by CandyShop
          Originally posted by MrLeonix
          What I always find funny and weird is that most Madonna fans never complain about chartmasters or MJD and most seem to be ok with his numbers . . . . yet other people who are not Madonna fans always come to Madonna's threads to complain and have a MJD rant

          Its like they can't see people happy and ok with numbers so they need to somehow ruin the party.
          Indeed, we were discussing True Blue sales, and Janet stan, who for their own admission didn’t know a hell about M figures, still feel the need to take that as example to start the war against MJD, bringing up Janet number and starting the mess that nothing had to do with Madonna chart thread...... obviously all of this sided by some mods
          It's not about Janet vs Madonna. You're making it into that.

          It's just providing factual information for EVERYONE. If ChartMasters has wrong information. Stop using it and defending it. Fans shouldn't believe that it's real if it's wrong. Which is what I see a lot of. It's not JJ vs M. MC vs WH.

          As some point you have to realize all of the divas are amazing and have done amazing things. Our small point is, focus on real information, not a random persons estimates that have been proven wrong.
          Chart estimation are more than wellcome in a chart thread, of course they will never be 100% correct, but still have their point.
          MJD is an undeniable great source about estimation, u can’t deny people to relate to them, if u don’t believe them u re free to ignore it, it’s simple as that..... I respect that!!

          And for god sake, it’s not about Janet vs Madonna, we all know that, but it’s about u and your friend starting a mess that has nothing to do with MADONNA F....... THREAD....... can u get it?

          @Nimpho It was not me , who started it all...... I was repeating how all was off topic...... U could stop it all at the beginning if u wanted to do it. Or u wanted to hear things from just one side? That is your side....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by loveylovey
            At least the ChartMasters guy tries to help people out with his figures, estimations and knowledge. Some people here keep bragging about having official numbers but are too selfish and biased to share. You all say he's rude but showing off and not sharing isn't exactly the nicest of acts.
            Exactly, spot on


            ---

            Anyways I hope these Janet stans stop coming to have MJD and chartmasters rants here, its tiring. We're entilted to like his numbers.

            We want to see Madonna in this thread, not some weird rant about chartmasters.
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MrLeonix
              Originally posted by loveylovey
              At least the ChartMasters guy tries to help people out with his figures, estimations and knowledge. Some people here keep bragging about having official numbers but are too selfish and biased to share. You all say he's rude but showing off and not sharing isn't exactly the nicest of acts.
              Exactly, spot on


              ---

              Anyways I hope these Janet stans stop coming to have MJD and chartmasters rants here, its tiring. We're entilted to like his numbers.

              We want to see Madonna in this thread, not some weird rant about chartmasters.
              Liking something doesn't make his information factual. That's the difference.

              Have a great day!

              Comment


              • Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

                People have the freedom to believe in whatever they want. Why does it bother people that some Madonna fans choose to believe MJD guy?

                Having said that, i don't know if it is right to add SPS numbers to the album sales, especially the ones released 30 years ago.
                Cha Cha Instructor

                Comment


                • BTW speaking of Chartmasters. I find it amazing and atonishing that Madonna has 9 albums / eras with over 10million CSPC units:

                  Madonna - 18,5m
                  Like a Virgin - 39,6m
                  True Blue - 36,6m
                  Like a Prayer - 25,4m
                  I'm Breatheless - 12,5m
                  Bedtime Stories - 11,7m
                  Ray of light - 21,2m
                  Music - 13,7m
                  Confessions on a dancefloor - 12,4m

                  No other female comes close to her.
                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MrLeonix
                    BTW speaking of Chartmasters. I find it amazing and atonishing that Madonna has 9 albums / eras with over 10million CSPC units:

                    Madonna - 18,5m
                    Like a Virgin - 39,6m
                    True Blue - 36,6m
                    Like a Prayer - 25,4m
                    I'm Breatheless - 12,5m
                    Bedtime Stories - 11,7m
                    Ray of light - 21,2m
                    Music - 13,7m
                    Confessions on a dancefloor - 12,4m

                    No other female comes close to her.
                    that’s impressive!!

                    Thanks for sharing!!

                    Chartmaster or not, whatever u look at it, she’s the best selling female ever, legend..... proud of her.

                    Comment


                    • You divas sure are a funny bunch.

                      Comment


                      • These crybaby Janet stans need to stop spreading propaganda against ChartMasters, it's becoming annoying LOL. Don't complain about him in this very Madonna thread.

                        and let's not pretend that he's favoring Madonna when CLEARLY he's NOT!
                        MJD has True Blue at 22 million sales, while Warner Italy confirms 24 million figure long long time ago. Wikipedia claims 25 million.
                        MJD has The Immaculate Collection at 28 million, while Music Week reported the sales of 30 million in an article about Madonna leaving Warner back in 2007.

                        Britney Oops I Did it Again has been reported with 20 million sales very long long time ago (including by Britney website and Jive), yet he put this album at 18 million, and I don't see Britney fans cry everywhere.

                        LET people believe in what they choose to believe. We ARE very aware that his work is an "estimations", not "official" source. We GET it. Just don't repeat asking it over and over again like a broken tape.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

                          also, 37 million CSPC figure at chartmasters includes sales from compilations such as TIC and GHv2. That's why it looks bigger.
                          Madonna is a MONSTER seller of compilations!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by melodious
                            also, 37 million CSPC figure at chartmasters includes sales from compilations such as TIC and GHv2. That's why it looks bigger.
                            Madonna is a MONSTER seller of compilations!
                            MTV reports 25 million as of 2012. http://www.mtv.com/news/1682061/madonna ... billboard/

                            The sales + certification's I've found only total up to 15,934,000. I don't doubt it's higher than that.... but by 22 million units? lol

                            Not sure how CSPC will add another 15-22 million to an album that has yet to scan 1 million with CSPC figures added in the US alone

                            It's not a divas vs divas situation. It's that his website is terribly wrong so STOP using it as a possible source is my point. Not sure why people get so defensive as if ChartMasters is fact. lol So weird.

                            Comment


                            • True Blue CSPC include SALES from compilations, can you read this, for godsake? It generated 10 million sales from compilations alone! You're complaining his figure, yet you don't even bother to understand his methodology.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by melodious
                                True Blue CSPC include SALES from compilations, can you read this, for godsake? It generated 10 million sales from compilations alone! You're complaining his figure, yet you don't even bother to understand his methodology.
                                L O L.........

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
                                  Originally posted by melodious
                                  also, 37 million CSPC figure at chartmasters includes sales from compilations such as TIC and GHv2. That's why it looks bigger.
                                  Madonna is a MONSTER seller of compilations!
                                  MTV reports 25 million as of 2012. http://www.mtv.com/news/1682061/madonna ... billboard/

                                  The sales + certification's I've found only total up to 15,934,000. I don't doubt it's higher than that.... but by 22 million units? lol

                                  Not sure how CSPC will add another 15-22 million to an album that has yet to scan 1 million with CSPC figures added in the US alone

                                  It's not a divas vs divas situation. It's that his website is terribly wrong so STOP using it as a possible source is my point. Not sure why people get so defensive as if ChartMasters is fact. lol So weird.
                                  How about you STOP these discussions if you don't believe ChartMasters estimations? You are clearly trolling. If you don't believe those estimations, fine. If people believing ChartMasters irritate you that much, why bother to check this thread? Or simply ignore people who discuss MJD figures.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by lovedeluxe
                                    Originally posted by melodious
                                    True Blue CSPC include SALES from compilations, can you read this, for godsake? It generated 10 million sales from compilations alone! You're complaining his figure, yet you don't even bother to understand his methodology.
                                    L O L.........
                                    Yeah, such a MATURE conversation.
                                    Now, let's move on, Janet stan!

                                    Comment


                                    • Apparently this will keep going forever
                                      Can't those who think MJD,Chartmasters or whatever is a crazy lunatic just let those who chose to 'believe' in his figures be?

                                      Like spiritboy said:

                                      Originally posted by spiritboy
                                      If you don't believe those estimations, fine. If people believing ChartMasters irritate you that much, why bother to check this thread? Or simply ignore people who discuss MJD figures.
                                      What an endless drama,Jeez!

                                      Comment


                                      • ORDER please!
                                        Please let go of the current MJD/ChartMasters quarrels; behave and steer back to a civilized discussion.
                                        trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                        trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Wayne
                                          Originally posted by CandyShop
                                          obviously all of this sided by some mods
                                          Don't snipe, it's really annoying.
                                          And this kind of behavior from other stan base is not?

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                            BTW speaking of Chartmasters. I find it amazing and atonishing that Madonna has 9 albums / eras with over 10million CSPC units:

                                            Madonna - 18,5m
                                            Like a Virgin - 39,6m
                                            True Blue - 36,6m
                                            Like a Prayer - 25,4m
                                            I'm Breatheless - 12,5m
                                            Bedtime Stories - 11,7m
                                            Ray of light - 21,2m
                                            Music - 13,7m
                                            Confessions on a dancefloor - 12,4m

                                            No other female comes close to her.
                                            Queen of Pop
                                            Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

                                            Comment


                                            • Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

                                              Grammy: 23 millions for true blue

                                              Comment


                                              • I'm Breathless at 12.5 million? That's an error.

                                                WBR said 5.4 million in Sept. 1997.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by thebigham
                                                  I'm Breathless at 12.5 million? That's an error.
                                                  Thats CPSC units not pure sales
                                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Her Hard Candy album has been added.

                                                    Certifications found in 28 countries - almost 2.9 million units collected:

                                                    https://popularalbums.blogspot.com/p/20 ... candy.html
                                                    (https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/news-updates.html)
                                                    +
                                                    https://twitter.com/popularalbums/statu ... 6900862976

                                                    Any additions/corrections are welcome, of course.
                                                    https://popularalbums.blogspot.be -> 362 albums and counting...
                                                    FOLLOW ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/popularalbums

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X