X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

Unfortunately, that equals an amount of around 34 copies combined, lmao.
    Probably... it's an houly chart lol

Leave a comment:

• GlenMarley
    replied
    Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
    Such a random #1 (and I know it means like 5 copies o so), but still:

Album: Celebration
    iTunes:

#1 Brazil
    #60 Greece
    #61 Australia
    #74 Costa Rica
    #81 United Kingdom
    Unfortunately, that equals an amount of around 34 copies combined, lmao.

Leave a comment:

• UnapologeticKenny
    replied
    Such a random #1 (and I know it means like 5 copies o so), but still:

Album: Celebration
    iTunes:

#1 Brazil
    #60 Greece
    #61 Australia
    #74 Costa Rica
    #81 United Kingdom

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Frozen
    iTunes:
    #4 France
    #4 Turkey
    #27 Mexico
    #31 Italy
    #32 Belgium
    #35 Russia
    #42 Spain
    #47 United Kingdom
    #60 Egypt
    #66 Belgium
    #66 Denmark

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Hung Up (Music Video) reached 354Million views on youtube and Bitch I'm Madonna 345Million

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    La Isla Bonita is her biggest ever in Turkey and countries like us. It's the only Madonna song that gets played in bars and everyone is singing along to it. It certainly deserves all the streams its getting and will continue to get.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    It seems streaming is increasing for both remix versions so hopefully it may make it to the charts when the video is out.

Many artists struggle to get into charts, even streaming artists. Anitta is clearly a streaming artist and "Envolver" debuted now at #172 on the global Spotify chart with 829K streams, four months after release (a remix with american singer Justin Quiles was released on 17 February to help the song).

Let Madonna song get mommentum too. I'm almost sure "Frozen" will end up charting too.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Sun March 6, 2022, 13:41.

Leave a comment:

• LostAvenger
    replied
    Finnish Radio Airplay Chart:

87 re La Isla Bonita

This regularly charts on the Finnish & Polish airplay charts on a weekly basis.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by flotando View Post
    People are liking this in France. This is a very good sign, new peak on a third day:
    Streams Daily #112 +23 France
    Streams Daily #148 +8 Germany
    France : 67,158
    Germany : 68,101

Leave a comment:

• flotando
    replied
    People are liking this in France. This is a very good sign, new peak on a third day:
    Streams Daily #112 +23 France
    Streams Daily #148 +8 Germany

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by sidewalktalk View Post

But everything you say is going against what's happening, it's pushing her streaming numbers so it's already doing what it set out to do...stop wasting your time talking in circles the reality is it''s working.
    Lol at you not even understanding the point of my original post

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Its because of south america. They stream youtube like crazy. I agree though its the worst TB single
    That's nonsense. It’s popular all over the world.
    La Isla bonita peaked at number one on European Hot 100 Single Charts for 4 weeks,ended being the best selling single of Europe in 1987.( Number one on Year-end Chart)

It also saved True Blue and even helped the album hit number one after the disappointment of OYH in France

In April 1987, the fourth single Open Your Heart failed to make as much of an impact as previous singles, peaking at #24. The album felt this let down, finally dropping out of the Top 10 at that point. With four singles released already, it could have been the end of the promotional campaign for the album in France.

Plans were different however, as Madonna was expected to visit France for the first time during the summer. A fifth single was therefore scheduled, La Isla Bonita. It ended up being quite simply the biggest hit of her career in the country up to this day. Its run at #1 of 3 weeks wasn’t especially long but it wasn’t on top for long due to it facing two gigantic local hits – Licence IV before and Vanessa Paradis after – in total the song managed the unreal total of 17 weeks inside the Top 5.

Obviously, the album benefited from this success. As we got deeper into the summer, the hype surrounding Madonna increased. La Isla Bonita was everywhere and news about her arrival in late August was widely spread. Her August 29 concert in Paris saw 130,000 persons attend. As if that wasn’t enough, she threw her panties into the crowd during the concert creating a monster Media buzz. Results for her record sales were absolutely insane: Who’s That Girl was #2 and La Isla Bonita #3 in the Singles Chart ;

in the Albums front, True Blue finally made it officially to #1, Who’s That Girl OST was at #2, 1985 album Like A Virgin re-entered at #5 and her uncharted 1983 album made its first entry at #9. Only Joe Le Taxi, the #1 classic teen hit by Vanessa Paradis prevented Madonna from achieving a unique double-double, e.g. #1-2 in both sides.

https://chartmasters.org/2016/03/fra...-madonna-1987/
    Last edited by britneyliam; Sun March 6, 2022, 07:09.

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied
    Before QueenMadonnaHD Channel Was removed from youtube, La Isla Bonita had already hit 86m views!
    https://web.archive.org/web/20171202...?v=7YzW1nMB9fk
    the other two Official Videos hit 550 million views and 121 million views,the latter has been blocked since last year to make sure the fomer get more streams.

A Lot of european countries could not access to her biggest hit on youtube before 2017.
    That's why several unofficial videos got many views before 2017

It should have reached at least 750 million views if there were only one official video in her official channel which was available worldwide since 2009.
    Blame it on the record label.
    Last edited by britneyliam; Sun March 6, 2022, 15:51.

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    Originally posted by sidewalktalk View Post

That's just a lie.
    Feel free to show me a chart positions

Leave a comment:

• sidewalktalk
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

lol
    1) it is a remix of a remix. Not "anither" one. They simply added fireboy's part to the original ine and that is it. Nothing new.
    2) this is how it works when we're talking about a successful hit that then gets a "remix" treatment and generates even more interest ,which is not the case here. Although it's cute for us,fans,to have a new video from her.
    3) my post is just yo say that ppl should low their expectations and don't wait for this to explode on Spotify (something I've seen a looot of her fans doing)
    But everything you say is going against what's happening, it's pushing her streaming numbers so it's already doing what it set out to do...stop wasting your time talking in circles the reality is it''s working.

Leave a comment:

• sidewalktalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeman View Post
    The frozen remix is flopping and no amount of its top 20 on itunes posts will change that
    That's just a lie.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    "Frozen remix" on Kworb

iTunes Global Chart:
    #15 (-8)

iTunes European Chart:
    #09 (-6)

Leave a comment:

• cindycgy
    replied
    Material Girl 507k + Frozen remixes 660k = 1.2M streams on Friday coming from only two songs.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    "La Isla Bonita" is not my favorite song or favorite video but it does deserve over 500 million views as is a good song and was very successful back in the day (especially all over Europe and Latin countries).

But many other Madonna songs or videos deserved to have over 1 bilions views that you guys already refered.

This said I do have some emotional relation with that song. First hits compilations I have had on cassette with Madonna songs had some of her earlier hits but later the one I listen the most had "Papa Don't Preach" and "La Isla Bonita" as well. First Madonna single I bought was "Who's That Girl" and 2nd was "La Isla Bonita". Always loved the b-side that was the remix instrumental. I was just a kid but I remember the song was a massive hit here too.

Leave a comment:

• cindycgy
    replied
    Originally posted by NoirPhoenix View Post
    I don’t think that the new remix is flopping, while I’m not a fan, I look at them combined so both doing almost 500k daily combined is a great thing, her biggest streaming hit since Medellin (which was a first single and had a lot of promo).

I’m sure it will reach 50M in a few months maybe by May? And I’m sure that she will add that remix to the album, imagine a remixes album already having 50M streams!

Like someone mentioned it also led to new listeners to start hearing her music and now with MG viral I’m sure it will keep that way, PDP had also a viral filter and it could be the next one.
    They both did 660k combined yesterday Friday which is amazing and keeps the song relevant for days to come.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    La Isla Bonita is one of her biggest hits though, so it’s streams don’t surprise me at all. Chart and sales wise, for a fifth single it was huge. It was also probably Madonna’s most ‘grown up’ song when it was released, and I think it probably found an audience even if you weren’t a Madonna fan. It’s also one of her most performed songs and is always a crowd pleaser.

Having heard it reinvented so many times on tour, I now find the album version a bit lacking, but it’s still a monster of a song, the kind of song other acts would kill for - and it was only ever a fifth single.

Leave a comment:

• NoirPhoenix
    replied
    I don’t think that the new remix is flopping, while I’m not a fan, I look at them combined so both doing almost 500k daily combined is a great thing, her biggest streaming hit since Medellin (which was a first single and had a lot of promo).

I’m sure it will reach 50M in a few months maybe by May? And I’m sure that she will add that remix to the album, imagine a remixes album already having 50M streams!

Like someone mentioned it also led to new listeners to start hearing her music and now with MG viral I’m sure it will keep that way, PDP had also a viral filter and it could be the next one.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    Please, no more talk about what songs deserve to go viral. Take the discussion here:

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...4#post10832214

Leave a comment:

• MadonnaIcon
    replied

Personally, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE La Isla Bonita.
    Even though I haven't enjoyed its original release as I was way too young for that.
    Taste is subjective and so is popular success.
    Not always 'the best' wins.
    After all, what is good or bad, best or worst?
    La Isla Bonita isn't horrible, but 550M views? Definitely no! Iconic songs like Live to Tell, Papa don't Preach, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Vogue, Rain, Take a Bow, You'll See, Frozen, The Power of Goodbye, Music, Don't Tell Me or Hung Up would deserve all these views. But ok.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Taste is subjective and so is popular success.
    Not always 'the best' wins.
    After all, what is good or bad, best or worst?
    I think all the answer to that is ‘Bitch I’m Madonna’

Leave a comment:

Working...
X