Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeph
    replied
    TAKE A BOW WAS NOT DISCOUNTED! IT WAS A BONAFIDE SMASH IN THE US. RADIO REPLAYED IT CONSTANTLY. IT WAS ALSO ONE OF THE BEST SELLING SINGLES OF THE YEAR. MADONNA DOES NOT DISCOUNT. GUY IS ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS…CHART SUCCESS AND AWARDS ARE JUST ORNAMENTS. DIDNT MEAN TO SHOUT.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by Youkankan View Post
    Did her label discount Take A Bow to 69 cents in order to get a number one single on Billboard in 1995?

In China, fans of Ma**** Ca*** keep saying Madonna discounted Take A Bow at 69 cent.
    Bloodline917 Here he is! He said Take A Bow was discounted to 69 cents.
    But I Can't find any news about it.
    Instead, I found a lot of reports about Ma*** Ca*** discount her singles to 49 cent in 90s
    One Sweet Day, Honey, My All, Hearbreaker, Thank God I Found You, Loverboy were all discounted to 49-99 cents.

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/25/a...nipulated.html
    https://www.foxnews.com/story/did-ma...-her-breakdown
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/maria...b068764965c508
    https://www.mcarchives.com/index.asp?id=58

I just wanna know the truth. Anyone who comes from U.S. can answer that?
    I was not in US but I already had Internet and used to talk to fans online and can't remember anyone mentioned that.
    As you say it was also not on the news.

Never heard about Madonna heavy discounted singles!
    Many Mariah singles were discounted on first weeks to peak high on the charts but Madonna rarely had discounted singles and when she had they were at $1.99, never less than that.

If I recall right the price was $2.99 or more for single and $5.99 or more for maxi-single. Someone from US will recall it better.
    I ordered mine cd-maxi-single from US but don't remember the price correctly.

"Take a Bow" was a very R&B and Soul and so it had a lot more Radio station having it in heavy rotation than it was usual for Madonna songs. The song was a chart slow climber and was 9 weeks at #01 Radio Songs Chart (and her performance at the American Music Awards did helped a lot). Slow climbers are very rarely discounted.

Mariah Carey heavy discounted singles usually had their peak position on first weeks of the charts as people rushed to buy them at low prices or get them in addition to whatever just because it costs next to nothing. They were usually at discounted price on week of release and first weeks (until the Sony was sure the song peaked). She does have quite a few #01 and #02 on Billboard thanks to discounted singles during the 90's. In UK it didn't work as sales for new singles under a certain price were not allowed to count for charts and so she never had the possibility to discount the singles more than 1.99 on week of release (usual price was 2.99 or more) - that's probably one of the reasons she have so much less number ones in UK Charts as well.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Mon June 27, 2022, 15:38.

Leave a comment:

• Youkankan
    replied
    Did her label discount Take A Bow to 69 cents in order to get a number one single on Billboard in 1995?

In China, fans of Ma**** Ca*** keep saying Madonna discounted Take A Bow at 69 cent.
    Bloodline917 Here he is! He said Take A Bow was discounted to 69 cents.
    But I Can't find any news about it.
    Instead, I found a lot of reports about Ma*** Ca*** discount her singles to 49 cent in 90s
    One Sweet Day, Honey, My All, Hearbreaker, Thank God I Found You, Loverboy were all discounted to 49-99 cents.

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/25/a...nipulated.html
    https://www.foxnews.com/story/did-ma...-her-breakdown
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/maria...b068764965c508
    https://www.mcarchives.com/index.asp?id=58

I just wanna know the truth. Anyone who comes from U.S. can answer that?

Leave a comment:

• oneofone
    replied
    Originally posted by HardGrammy View Post

Don't you think this a little too much? Asking if a song will rise due to women losing the rights of their bodies? Absolutely ridiculous.
    Not too much at all.

​​​​​​Political, social and cultural news stories tend to have an impact on the choice of music people might want to listen to.
    ​​​​It's a pretty reasonable question to ask in a chart analysis forum if the current abortion debate can provide Papa Don't Preach with a bit of extra streaming power.

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied
    Madonna's “Like a Prayer” (Celebration V.) had its biggest streaming day of 2022 so far on Spotify yesterday, with 175,417 streams!

235,881 streams including the album and TIC versions.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Wow! This song could be huge on streaming! So much low numbers for "Vogue"...

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Streams on Spotify 25/06/2022

Frozen (Sickick Remix) 73,578,422 (+239,705)

Fireboy DML Version 5,803,558 (+31,694)

070 Shake Version 4,990,637 (+25,262)

Frozen On Fire 1,355,856 (+16,531)

Total 313,192 Daily Streams = 85,728,473 in Total Streams

Leave a comment:

• music126
    replied
    Originally posted by HardGrammy View Post

Don't you think this a little too much? Asking if a song will rise due to women losing the rights of their bodies? Absolutely ridiculous.
    It's not like they said " I hope it increases "

Leave a comment:

• HardGrammy
    replied
    Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post
    Will papa dont preach rise due to what’s happening in the US ?

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    Did Material Girl gain any streams? Evan Rachel Wood sang it on Jimmy Fallon two days ago
    Last edited by Angeman; Sun June 26, 2022, 08:24.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Only if people start using it as a protest song. PDP is a pro-choice song that doesn’t condone or support abortion, just a woman’s choice. It would be interesting if Madonna started pushing it as a protest song first - I’m actually surprised at her radio silence on the issue, but perhaps she’s just working out how to express herself.

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied
    Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
    ^My apologies, it was already discussed by all fans to post remix album numbers in the other thread so was just saying that! Didn't mean to derail the thread.
    Didn’t even know their was another thread

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    britneylinda Please stop with the backseat moderation.
    InFamous Please stop backseat moderating the backseat moderation.

Also, I’m not fooled.
    Not fooled by what ?

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    ^My apologies, it was already discussed by all fans to post remix album numbers in the other thread so was just saying that! Didn't mean to derail the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    britneylinda Please stop with the backseat moderation.
    InFamous Please stop backseat moderating the backseat moderation.

Also, I’m not fooled.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

Already posted on the album thread, let's try not to duplicate information.
    You just duplicated it by quoting it

Leave a comment:

• LostAvenger
    replied
    Originally posted by britneyliam View Post

Do you have full IFPI RIN 2020?
    Did Madame X chart on top 20 best selling album of that year
    I actually found it! Didn't think it could be found: https://www.scribd.com/document/4710...Report-May2020

Did not make the top 20.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Madonna's “Finally Enough Love” received 332,288streams on its first day on Spotify!
    Already posted on the album thread, let's try not to duplicate information.

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied
    Madonna's “Finally Enough Love” received 332,288streams on its first day on Spotify!

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Streams on Spotify 24/06/2022

Frozen (Sickick Remix) 73,338,717 (+254,860)

Fireboy DML Version 5,771,864 (+33,353)

070 Shake Version 4,965,375 (+27,337)

Frozen On Fire 1,339,325 (+18,619)

Total 334,169 Daily Streams = 85,415,281 in Total Streams

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied
    Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post

No official albums chart though anymore.
    Do you have full IFPI RIN 2020?
    Did Madame X chart on top 20 best selling album of that year

Leave a comment:

• LostAvenger
    replied
    Originally posted by madboy1 View Post
    Brazil dont have an oficial charts...
    and dont care about certifications...

Actually have a top 100 but not recovered all country,
    Its a shame,

But madonna is the international act female best seller, maybe all act international...

Theres info about airplay charts, but without source or their rules. Only unofficial.

But was huge
    sorry for my english
    There is now by the way from Billboard based on sales & streams, a top 25 songs chart: https://www.billboard.com/charts/brazil-songs-hotw/

No official albums chart though anymore.

Leave a comment:

• madboy1
    replied

in Brazil there was a bizz magazine, about pop/rock music, monthly there was a publication of a chart based on some radios. in the 80's and 90's some newspapers did the same, but with chart by style. I had a website www.hot100brasil, extinct, but never revealed its criteria. l

an official chart bringing together all styles and with full coverage, never existed. there was even something from billboard brazil/crowley, monthly, but it only covered some capitals and some days of the week (monday to friday). can't take it seriously. went extinct today we have the hot100 crowley. the same thing does not have full coverage.

I have the same data as madonna as automatcbr, I met him on orkut did an amazing job getting codes to know shipments post mid 2003. in brazil album sales data are few, either the record company released it (which was not always reliable) or some newspaper report spoke. but there is a lot of contradictory and confusing information.

Leave a comment:

• madboy1
    replied
    Originally posted by Youkankan View Post

I've found a lot of topics about her chart performance in Brazil.

Someone said she has 10 number one hits in Brazil single chart.

Like A Virgin - #1(3w)
    Material Girl - #1(1w)
    Crazy For You - #1(1w)
    Papa Don't Preach - #1(1w)
    Who's That Girl - #1(1w)
    Like A Prayer - #1(2w)
    Vogue - #1(4w)
    Justify My Love - #1(2w)
    Take A Bow - #1(6w) >> #1 in Year-End Chart
    Music - #1(6w)

Both for Mariah Carey in 90s.

Those are all fake information and made up by crazy fans, right?
    Not fake, but whithout oficial charts, maybe not all brazil, only sao paulo city.... brazil is a big country,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X