• Show
Clear All

• -April 25 2013

US Digital albums

1 WAR 109 MADONNA IMMACULATE COLLECTION 1.582 407 312 105.296

5/4 Catalog 200:

97 MADONNA IMMACULATE COLLECTION 1.836 +211% 590 5.852.873 10xp

so at 109 TIC sold 1,582 digital copies + over 200 copies physically

thist week it should be top 80-90 on Digital albums ,, it should sold , I don t know 1,200 copies , just digitally...I don t know how many physically it sold

...I continue

-January 28 2014

The Grammys helped a bit, Immaculate Collection is at #97 on POP Itunes, not sure if it was higher earlier today, but it's always in the 120-140 range and even lower sometimes.

so it sold NOTHING digitally after Grammys , BUT

-February 5 2014

As for Madonna, the diva assisted Macklemore & Ryan Lewis in their "Same Love" Grammy performance, by singing a few lines of her No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 hit "Open Your Heart." The song, first released in 1986 on the "True Blue" album, is also featured on Madonna's first greatest hits album, "The Immaculate Collection." The latter re-enters the Billboard 200 chart for the first time since 1993, as it returns at No. 153 with 3,000 (up 494%). It's the best sales frame for "Immaculate" since July of 2008.

SO IT SOLD LIKE 3,000 COPIES PHYSICALLY , we can t say that American stores don t sell TIC ..

Source Materini.com :-?

Comment

• No you're wrong! You forgot to post this part of the billboard ARTICLE

"Both Wonder and Madonna's albums also profit from a limited-time sale price in the Google Play store last week, where each title was briefly marked down to 99-cents for select consumers."

So, again most of the copies sold that week were digital. Just like in April 2013 where it re-entered and almost 90% of its copies sold were digital...the other 10% were probably some import copies.

What can we conclude? That It's pretty obvious the album is selling almost entirely in its digital form in the US since the release of Celebration. Not to mention the Amazon page of the album where it clearly says "Out of print in the US!".

Comment

• So, sales from itunes and google play and not enough to re-enter? I don't buy it.

Comment

• TIC is still hanging in there on U.S. iTunes, at No. 61. I'm not sure when the $5.99 sale started on iTunes- it may not have been the full seven days for the latest charts. So, *maybe* it will chart somewhere next week, as the sales tracking week ends today, and it's consistently been in the 40s-60s range.
          http://www.poconorecord.com/entertai...-madame-x-tour

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
            So, sales from itunes and google play and not enough to re-enter? I don't buy it.
            No Westen, the Google Play discount was from February 2014 when the album re-entered after the Grammys (that's what Materini was posting).
            I don't think the album was discounted on Google Play this past week, only Itunes. If it's not this week, let's hope for the next.

Comment

• Originally posted by frankie_85
              Originally posted by Westen
              So, sales from itunes and google play and not enough to re-enter? I don't buy it.
              No Westen, the Google Play discount was from February 2014 when the album re-entered after the Grammys (that's what Materini was posting).
              I don't think the album was discounted on Google Play this past week, only Itunes. If it's not this week, let's hope for the next.
              Oh Thanks for clearing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by frankie_85
                No you're wrong! You forgot to post this part of the billboard ARTICLE

"Both Wonder and Madonna's albums also profit from a limited-time sale price in the Google Play store last week, where each title was briefly marked down to 99-cents for select consumers."

So, again most of the copies sold that week were digital. Just like in April 2013 where it re-entered and almost 90% of its copies sold were digital...the other 10% were probably some import copies.

What can we conclude? That It's pretty obvious the album is selling almost entirely in its digital form in the US since the release of Celebration. Not to mention the Amazon page of the album where it clearly says "Out of print in the US!".

4-18-2009

4/18/09 Catalog chart
                RE-ENTRY 182 MADONNA IMMACULATE COLLECTION 1,409 1,279 +10% 5,753,008

TIC should be above 5,900,000

and as i posted it sold over 100,000 copies digitally since 2005 , so since 2009 it sold over 100,000 copies physically in USA , 16,000 copies per year ...

Again American stores sell TIC ..as Billboard reported the biggest boost was after Grammys since a long time ago ...

Im not saying that TIC sells more physically since 2009 , I say that American stores sell TiC , it is shipped , another thing is that Americans prefer to buy it digitally ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HolidayGuy
                  TIC is still hanging in there on U.S. iTunes, at No. 61. I'm not sure when the $5.99 sale started on iTunes- it may not have been the full seven days for the latest charts. So, *maybe* it will chart somewhere next week, as the sales tracking week ends today, and it's consistently been in the 40s-60s range.
                  It is at n 65 , it still holding so well

sadly we can t see the entire BB catalog álbum chart ....for sure it should be charting

Comment

• Originally posted by Materini
                    Originally posted by frankie_85
                    No you're wrong! You forgot to post this part of the billboard ARTICLE

4-18-2009

4/18/09 Catalog chart
                    RE-ENTRY 182 MADONNA IMMACULATE COLLECTION 1,409 1,279 +10% 5,753,008

TIC should be above 5,900,000

and as i posted it sold over 100,000 copies digitally since 2005 , so since 2009 it sold over 100,000 copies physically in USA , 16,000 copies per year ...

Again American stores sell TIC ..as Billboard reported the biggest boost was after Grammys since a long time ago ...and it was physically

Im not saying that TIC sells more physically since 2009 , I say that American stores sell TiC , it is shipped , another thing is that Americans prefer to buy it digitally ...
                    So 5,9m minus 5,75m = over 200k, how do you do your maths? Plus, in 2009 copies were still on shelves. According to your own figures, in exactly 4 years (04/2009-04/2013) the album sold 99k in total, always selling more digital copies than physicals (some times way, way more). It's "best sales frame since July 2008" is also no coincidence, that is exactly when, as I mentioned earlier, Warner removed the album from its catalog.

At best it is selling 10k physical copies per year by now, which is obviously not what it would be selling if it was available. Those are barely imports. As mentioned on Amazon and as confirmed at Walmart.com, the album is quite simply not being sold by Warner in the US anymore.

BTW, the irony of all this considering how poorly TIC is selling nowadays is that arguying the album is widely available is hardly giving much credit to Madonna.

Thanks frankie_85 for making sense.

Comment

• it sold over 100,000 copies physically since 2009 , so it will be 16,000 copies per year or maybe a Little more

are you what or what , the 105,000 digital sales which were reported in 2013 , were since 2005 , the total digital sales of TIC since 2005 , hhaha , so TIC since 2009 sold over 100,000 copies physically, is not great , but it is so bad , considering Celebration sold over 400,000 copies ...

so over 100,000 copies because imports Lolol , OMG I cant

again I m not saying that TIC sells more physically than digitally , but it is shipped in USA , that is a fact

not like a troll say that TIC doesn t exist In American stores

so you created an account just to write about TIC , again you , our legendary troll , the most banned poster in UKMIX history ,you can t live without Madonna , tell me, are you sleeping

HAHA

how poorly TIC is selling lol....

Comment

• 5903 posts with that level of knowledge and education? Incredible.

Again, you just throw away "100k physicals since 2009" with no evidence. Quite the opposite as you proved yourself it did 99k in all formats up to 2 years ago only.

Yes, selling per year what it used to sell almost every month is poor.

It seems accuracy and realism doesn't matter in this forum - only stanning. I'm not going to continue this discussion considering how little objectivity is around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Battosai
                          5903 posts with that level of knowledge and education? Incredible.

Again, you just throw away "100k physicals since 2009" with no evidence. Quite the opposite as you proved yourself it did 99k in all formats up to 2 years ago only.

Yes, selling per year what it used to sell almost every month is poor.

It seems accuracy and realism doesn't matter in this forum - only stanning. I'm not going to continue this discussion considering how little objectivity is around.

level or what , sorry dear ,you don t have enough knowlegde , less education ..trolling for years is not education my dear

again what

TIC sold over 100,000 copies physically since 2009 , so it is shipped in USA.....

bye honey , clearly you don t want to be banned for 10000th time , stanning , who is stanning , I m bringing facts , with figures ..

again TiC sells poorly in USA , at least you make me laugh , yes it is not a monster like it used to be in USA , but it sales are good ..considering is an álbum released 25 years ago ..

TIC up to n 64 on US iTunes , so it is holding so well ,

Comment

• Going round in circles!

Move on.

Comment

• 15/01/2006 | TIC | 5,370,000
                              04/05/2008 | TIC | 5,653,000 [10,200/month, 2,550/week]
                              08/09/2011 | TIC | 5,816,464 [4,090/month, 1,020/week]
                              10/11/2011 | TIC | 5,823,000 [3,250/month, 800/week]
                              25/04/2013 | TIC | 5,852,000 [1,710/month, 425/week]

TIC is selling poorly, yes.
                              Its sales halved year by year.
                              This is obviously due to the Celebration release, not to mention the fact that the marked decreased dramatically in the last few years etc etc etc.

It has nothing to do with the fact that the album is 25yo.
                              "Legend", Journey's "Greatest Hits" say hello, they were published before TIC.
                              "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Battosai
                                Originally posted by thebigham
                                Originally posted by Battosai
                                Please, tell me if you see TIC: http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=madonna

Actual facts. Duh.
                                I see it on the shelf at Walmart all the time. Same as GHV2...

WBR shipped it this spring to Target when RH came out. Along with Celebration...
                                So because one shop import some copies of an album it is in print? Let's make sense.

Target sell it since April 16 but again explicitely mentioning they sell imports as well as albums from the US, so that does not confirm at all Warner have put it back in their catalog. In fact, had they done it the album would be available everywhere, which is definitely far from true.

Also, Amazon description has nothing to do with them owning the album or not. Most of the albums are not stocked but only Fullfilled by them, as it is the case of Celebration, they still mention official ID of the release (example of Celebration):
                                Label: Warner Bros.
                                ASIN: B002HNA95E

TIC doesn't has an ASIN simply because it is not on Warner catalog.

Ohhh and one last point, the company selling TIC on Amazon.com is B68 Solutions Limited, which is a UK company, based in Ashford - so again, imports only.
                                Do you even live in the USA???

I would never tell someone in the UK how UK record stores stock albums.

I live in the USA. I've seen the TIC cd on record stores shelves for almost 25 years.

I know the difference between a US produced album and an import.

WBR is shipping TIC to Target. Target has a special discounted cd section. Obviously WBR worked out a deal with Target to stock TIC and Celebration.

*end of my discussion*

Comment

• ^ok thebigham, nobody's questioning your competence.
                                  at the same time, please don't be so defensive.
                                  it's not necessary to live in the USA for speaking about US matters.
                                  it's a discussion, not a micro-chat among residents.
                                  "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
                                    Originally posted by thebigham
                                    Please, tell me if you see TIC: http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=madonna

Actual facts. Duh.
                                    I see it on the shelf at Walmart all the time. Same as GHV2...

WBR shipped it this spring to Target when RH came out. Along with Celebration...
                                    So because one shop import some copies of an album it is in print? Let's make sense.

Target sell it since April 16 but again explicitely mentioning they sell imports as well as albums from the US, so that does not confirm at all Warner have put it back in their catalog. In fact, had they done it the album would be available everywhere, which is definitely far from true.

Also, Amazon description has nothing to do with them owning the album or not. Most of the albums are not stocked but only Fullfilled by them, as it is the case of Celebration, they still mention official ID of the release (example of Celebration):
                                    Label: Warner Bros.
                                    ASIN: B002HNA95E

TIC doesn't has an ASIN simply because it is not on Warner catalog.

Ohhh and one last point, the company selling TIC on Amazon.com is B68 Solutions Limited, which is a UK company, based in Ashford - so again, imports only.
                                    Do you even live in the USA???

I would never tell someone in the UK how UK record stores stock albums.

I live in the USA. I've seen the TIC cd on record stores shelves for almost 25 years.

I know the difference between a US produced album and an import.

WBR is shipping TIC to Target. Target has a special discounted cd section. Obviously WBR worked out a deal with Target to stock TIC and Celebration.

*end of my discussion*

exactly TIC is shipped in USA

Comment

• Keep in mind that TIC was in and out of iTunes for a time there- taken off for months, put back on, taken off, etc. And, of course, when Celebration was released, WB put any physical orders for TIC on hold, as it wanted to sell Celebration.

TIC's sales showing had declined even before the release of Celebration, though. Here are the number of weeks it's charted in the top 50 catalog albums each year since 1995 (as you can see, it had a five-year stretch where it didn't appear in the top 50 at all):

1995: 36
                                      1996: 41
                                      1997: 5
                                      1998: 26
                                      1999: 38
                                      2000: 36
                                      2001: 25
                                      2002: 38
                                      2003: 27

Thereafter, it lost some of the luster:
                                      2004: 6
                                      2005: 1
                                      2006: 0
                                      2007: 0
                                      2008: 3
                                      2009-2013: 0
                                      2014: 1
                                      2015: 0 (thus far)

Comment

• I was in Best Buy tonight. They had 3 copies of TIC. $11.99.

I was at Target. 3 copies. $10.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
                                          I was in Best Buy tonight. They had 3 copies of TIC. $11.99.

I was at Target. 3 copies. $10.
                                          why so expensive

Comment

• The $5.99 U.S. iTunes sale ended sometime in the last couple of days- it's back to $12.99 and currently No. 432.

Comment

• ^ They should keep it at $5.99. It sells at that price. Think, WBRS.
                                              Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!
                                              http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... ing-artist

Comment

• UK Physical Singles Chart
                                                #55 (RE) Like A Prayer
                                                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• U.S.:

187 (RE) The Immaculate Collection (143 weeks)

Comment

• Originally posted by Haribo
                                                    U.S.:

187 (RE) The Immaculate Collection (143 weeks)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X