Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MusicLover88
    replied
    In hindsight, Rebel Heart did just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
    Streams on Spotify:

Frozen
    (Sickick Remix) 41,024,856 (+411,874)
    Still above 400 k great

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fajitas View Post

Rebel Heart is her first commercial disappointment imo. And yet, you have the leaks that affected the sales… So… Yeah.

Madame X has no excuse. But again, who -at 60- is still selling 500k copies of an album? No one. She's defying all the stats by artists her age (especially female artists.)

It’s funny because I don’t see those as commercial flops. To me, Erotica and American Life are much bigger flops because they sold significantly less than their predecessors, whilst also underperforming in terms of projections. But even those albums have reasons as to why they only did what they did.

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Streams on Spotify:

Frozen
    (Sickick Remix) 41,024,856 (+411,874)

Fire Boy DML Version 1,635,081 (+61,339)

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
    https://twitter.com/madonna_chart/st...96347235364864
    ?s=21

.@Madonna's “La Isla Bonita” has now surpassed 200 MILLION streams on Spotify.

— It's her 4th song to reach this milestone.
    Yes The True Blue album version just crossed the 200 mil,

Actually that’s a goal LIB already achieved if u combine the different version

the reason why they don’t merge her figures ( same goes for LAP and many other tracks) it’s beyond me

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
    ?s=21

It's the True Blue version of La Isla Bonita: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6tbjWDEIzxoDsBA1FuhfPW

If her songs were linked, Madonna would have 6 songs over 200 million.

Leave a comment:

• Fajitas
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

The fandom turned toxic as soon as it was announced Timbaland was onboard. They hated it from that moment and nothing was changing their minds, and then when Candy Shop leaked all hell broke loose. Hard Candy was a solid album, incredibly well executed and everyone brought their best for Madonna. It’s stood the test of time pretty well with only really 4 Minutes sounding dated - but it was bang on point when it was released.

Sadly even now, some fans dismiss the whole era, accrediting any success 4M had to JT, like Madonna couldn’t have possibly had any success on her own. The album deserved more, but sadly it became a victim of circumstance - Madonna’s marriage had broken down and she was in the middle of a secret divorce, it was last album with Warner who clearly weren’t invested in the album, and Madonna had a huge stadium and arena tour to deliver - the first release under her new contract with Artist’s Nation. People also forget that she was making Filth and Wisdom at the same time too.

I think Miles Away could have been so much bigger had she shot a video for it, and I’d have been okay with Candy Shop as single number four. She was crazy to ever try and release it as the lead single over 4 Minutes though
    I agree.
    Its performance was tarnished by her fanbase's reactions to it. I believe the cover also played a huge part in the backlash it received. And yet, today it still sounds fresh and good.
    Hard Candy did well, in all fairness. Perhaps not as good as expected (its goal was to conquer the US back) but all these certifications speak for themselves.

Same for MDNA. People were disappointed because of the huge SuperBowl promo but it's really the only televised performance it ever had, a whole month and a half before its release.
    GMAYL was very front-loaded and GGW wasn't a big hit but they did ok. Turn Up The Radio though… Well…

Rebel Heart is her first commercial disappointment imo. And yet, you have the leaks that affected the sales… So… Yeah.

Madame X has no excuse. But again, who -at 60- is still selling 500k copies of an album? No one. She's defying all the stats by artists her age (especially female artists.)

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    In fairness JLo is also a legacy artist

Leave a comment:

• cindycgy
    replied
    ?s=21

Leave a comment:

• cindycgy
    replied
    Originally posted by Forreal View Post

JLO 21.445.632 ( - 44.333)
    M 21.424.410. (+ 28.280)

Madge is going to surpass Jlo tomorrow!!
    This is unbelievable. A huge accomplishment for a legacy artist.

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeph View Post

The gap has narrowed to 93935
    JLO 21489965 (-47531)
    M 21396030 (+19633)

M may definitely be in the top 3 soon at this rate.
    JLO 21.445.632 ( - 44.333)
    M 21.424.410. (+ 28.280)

Madge is going to surpass Jlo tomorrow!!

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by flotando View Post
    Everybody was so upset it didn't match Confessions, no one could enjoy it was actually being a hit album. And 4 Minutes was and still is massive.
    The fandom turned toxic as soon as it was announced Timbaland was onboard. They hated it from that moment and nothing was changing their minds, and then when Candy Shop leaked all hell broke loose. Hard Candy was a solid album, incredibly well executed and everyone brought their best for Madonna. It’s stood the test of time pretty well with only really 4 Minutes sounding dated - but it was bang on point when it was released.

Sadly even now, some fans dismiss the whole era, accrediting any success 4M had to JT, like Madonna couldn’t have possibly had any success on her own. The album deserved more, but sadly it became a victim of circumstance - Madonna’s marriage had broken down and she was in the middle of a secret divorce, it was last album with Warner who clearly weren’t invested in the album, and Madonna had a huge stadium and arena tour to deliver - the first release under her new contract with Artist’s Nation. People also forget that she was making Filth and Wisdom at the same time too.

I think Miles Away could have been so much bigger had she shot a video for it, and I’d have been okay with Candy Shop as single number four. She was crazy to ever try and release it as the lead single over 4 Minutes though

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Monthly listeners 21.424.310 (+28.280)

157 overall

21.322 listeners is the gap between her and J Lopez
    Last edited by Forreal; Wed March 23, 2022, 18:59.

Leave a comment:

• flotando
    replied
    Everybody was so upset it didn't match Confessions, no one could enjoy it was actually being a hit album. And 4 Minutes was and still is massive.

Same for MDNA, I'm really surprised it did get so many certifications, as everyone seemed to hate it.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by castorino View Post

Wow, I was sure it must have made the year end chart in 2008, but I didn't expect it to be so high
    "Hard Candy" was quite as smash worldwide. On United World Charts 2008 Year End was also TOP 10 at #09 with 3.2 million copies sold (I'm certain those numbers are only sales when it was on charts). This album is much probably already over 5 million worldwide (including streaming) since "4 Minutes" was quite a smash and "Give It 2 Me" did also good (and have decent stream numbers and video views on YouTube too).

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-2008.htm

Leave a comment:

• castorino
    replied
    Originally posted by LoveMariah View Post

Hard Candy is at #07 of 2008 year end chart
    Wow, I was sure it must have made the year end chart in 2008, but I didn't expect it to be so high

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

I thot you were calling her a sex goddess or something but google said that word means 60-69 year old
    Pretty sure she’s both!

Leave a comment:

• Zeph
    replied
    Vogue is at #3 in Portugal on ITunes!

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

The remix has over 40m streams on Spotify alone. Not bad for a certified sexagenarian.
    I thot you were calling her a sex goddess or something but google said that word means 60-69 year old

Anway, I fear Dua is gonna give her her Cold Heart coz Frozen is not doing too much damage at the moment

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    So is the Frozen rihmix taking off?
    The remix has over 40m streams on Spotify alone. Not bad for a certified sexagenarian.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    So is the Frozen rihmix taking off?

Leave a comment:

• LoveMariah
    replied
    Originally posted by castorino View Post

What about Hard Candy? Didn't it make the year end European Album chart?
    What about American Life? Is there a year end chart for 2003? I Can't find nothing.

Hard Candy is at #07 of 2008 year end chart

Leave a comment:

• cindycgy
    replied
    Madonna - Daily Spotify Streaming
    Date Daily
    18-Mar-22 Fri 3.84M
    19-Mar-22 Sat 3.44M
    20-Mar-22 Sun 2.93M
    21-Mar-22 Mon 3.28M

Leave a comment:

• cindycgy