Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raindrops
    replied
    ^¨last time i chequed with the Chartmasters tool M had 4,256,490,796 but i think these numbers includes features
    btw why Spotify hasn't updated yet?

Leave a comment:

• wowsignal14
    replied
    Most Streamed Female Artists on Spotify:

#50. Madonna 4,129,257,520

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I agree. The OCC are also pretty good at giving us updated figures, from what I understand, and we should probably expect another update towards the end of the year to coincide with her 40th anniversary.

However I really don’t think TIC is selling 300K a year in the UK - that’s over 5000 a week which would put it in the top 20!
    i think someone from here said that TIC sold 58k units in UK during 2021

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
    So TIC probably was shipped more than 3.6M, with club sales ad everything, but as long as OCC reports it at 3.77M, it's better to consider these official data instead of attempted (and subjective) estimations.
    I agree. The OCC are also pretty good at giving us updated figures, from what I understand, and we should probably expect another update towards the end of the year to coincide with her 40th anniversary.

However I really don’t think TIC is selling 300K a year in the UK - that’s over 5000 a week which would put it in the top 20!

Leave a comment:

• wowsignal14
    replied
    Spotify is almost 18 hours late on their counter's Monday's update and still they haven't updated the numbers yet... we should be getting the Tuesday numbers soon yet the Monday ones are nowhere to be found

Leave a comment:

• Shadowplay
    replied
    Don't know how it works with pre-1994 albums in the UK, things are a little confusing. On the one side there are albums like Sgt Pepper's which sales are constantly updated, or Queen's GH. On the other side there are albums like LAV, which has been reported at 1.6M+ for years but still certified as a 3xP*.
    So TIC probably was shipped more than 3.6M, with club sales ad everything, but as long as OCC reports it at 3.77M, it's better to consider these official data instead of attempted (and subjective) estimations.

*edit: or The First Album, still only 1xP when we all know its pure sales are waaaay bigger.
    Last edited by Shadowplay; Wed March 16, 2022, 12:46.

Leave a comment:

• wowsignal14
    replied
    OCC is knwon for publishing ridiculously false data from before their soundscan system started in 1994 i wouldn't take the numbers they post as the holy truth. + they have always ignored music club sales.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post

It’s at 4.2M+ There is outdated certs , LAV is at 1.9M sales , debut 900K+ they are all very outdated . Currently TIC is selling 300K+ year if 1,100 a week and it’s still not seen new certs so it’s outdated
    The difference has nothing to do with shipments but with BPI automatic certifications being for sales from 1994 onwards:

"The ‘auto-update’ will be based on sales as registered by the Official Charts Company (from 1994 onwards, when their records begin) and only applies to titles that have (a) not been previously certified or (b) are eligible for a certification upgrade based purely on sales from 1994 onwards."

http://www.bpi.co.uk/home/bpi-sales-awa ... ation.aspx

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho View Post

There are lots of albums in UK certified based on shipments (before their certifications were automatic). Geri’s Schizophonic (certified 2xPlat for 600k copies, sales as of May 2020: 488k) to give you an example.

But this is not the case. If the album shipments were 4.2M it would be certified 14xPlatinum in UK. But it’s still certified 12xPlat for 3.6M copies.
    It’s at 4.2M+ There is outdated certs , LAV is at 1.9M sales , debut 900K+ they are all very outdated . Currently TIC is selling 300K+ year if 1,100 a week and it’s still not seen new certs so it’s outdated

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied

When UK charts does this , it’s their soundscan 3.77M is UKs soundcan figure , it had 650K shipments bringing the figure to 4.2M+
    There are lots of albums in UK certified based on shipments (before their certifications were automatic). Geri’s Schizophonic (certified 2xPlat for 600k copies, sales as of May 2020: 488k) to give you an example.

But this is not the case. If the album shipments were 4.2M it would be certified 14xPlatinum in UK. But it’s still certified 12xPlat for 3.6M copies.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    The OCC is the authority on charts and sales. I’ll stick with them.

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

The Official Chart Company has it at 3.77m in October 2021 (here)
    When UK charts does this , it’s their soundscan 3.77M is UKs soundcan figure , it had 650K shipments bringing the figure to 4.2M+

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Forreal View Post
    Chartmasters figures for the Immaculate Collection in UK is well over 4 mil copies
    • Europe – 9,160,000
      • UK – 4,225,000
    The Official Chart Company has it at 3.77m in October 2021 (here)

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Chartmasters figures for the Immaculate Collection in UK is well over 4 mil copies
    • Europe – 9,160,000
      • UK – 4,225,000
      • France – 1,090,000
      • Germany – 855,000
      • Italy – 625,000
      • Spain – 350,000
      • Sweden – 150,000
      • Netherlands – 275,000
      • Switzerland – 125,000
      • Austria – 65,000
      • Finland – 95,000
    Last edited by Forreal; Wed March 16, 2022, 08:25.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Will the immaculate collection reach 5M units in UK in few years
    I don’t think it’s hit 4M yet. TIC isn’t really pushed on streaming but it must sell a few hundred copies every week considering it’s always charting in the UK (12 weeks in the top 100 in 2021).

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied
    Will the immaculate collection reach 5M units in UK in few years

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    honestly i wasnt even expecting the video to hit 1 million so soon, so im ok. it shows that ppl will still be a little bit interested in her next lead video

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    1.7Million Views for Frozen Remix

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    [March 15th Spotify Update]
    Female pre-2000 artists with the most monthly listeners:
    1. Shakira: 33,697,491 (-23,314)
    2. Beyoncé: 33,133,217 (-119,549)
    3. Britney: 25,898,430 (+12,553)
    4. JLo: 21,762,261 (-46,954)
    5. Madonna: 21,051,515 (+30,909)

Everybody in the Top 5 is losing listeners besides Britney and Madonna, so pretty good update still. Stable!

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    [March 15th Spotify Update]
    Female pre-2000 artists with the most monthly listeners:
    1. Shakira: 33,697,491 (-23,314)
    2. Britney: 25,898,430 (+12,553)
    3. JLo: 21,762,261 (-46,954)
    4. Madonna: 21,051,515 (+30,909)

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Over 21m monthly listeners on Spotify is incredible. I expect her to drop once the Material Girl/Frozen moment has passed, but just think about how many people will be notified now when she drops new music - their play history means Spotify will push new Madonna music into their new releases playlists… which is exactly the right kind of thing we need for an upcoming remix era. Warner better not screw this up

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Monthly Listeners 21.051.515 ( +30.909 )

164 overall down 1 place

Leave a comment:

• luan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    300,000 in total more or less?

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    ^It was 88,000 last week. Probably ~98k this week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X