No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ 99,916,363 views views at 4:55pm EST.

Comment

• Crazy to think that after PDP hits 100 million by morning, that it will take years for another video of hers to hit 100 million.
      Last edited by music126; Thu April 9th, 2020, 15:19.

Comment

• You never know, I never expected La Isla Bonita to do this well all of a sudden.

Comment

• PDP: 99,985,254 views at 9:44am EST.

Comment

• Originally posted by flotando View Post
            You never know, I never expected La Isla Bonita to do this well all of a sudden.
            Well she has 2 videos at 75 Million, GMAYL and Give It 2 Me. Both average about 12-19k views a day and then there is LAV at 74 million with an average of 38k a day.

Comment

• Papa Don't Preach edging and still not blowing that load for 100m... Current views 99,991,456. Needs a little over an hour I think.
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• A fully deserved achievement.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post

Well she has 2 videos at 75 Million, GMAYL and Give It 2 Me. Both average about 12-19k views a day
                  .. In other words they’ll need like 6 years to reach 100million

Originally posted by music126 View Post
                  and then there is LAV at 74 million with an average of 38k a day.
                  This will reach 100m in a couple years and even sooner than that as I can see LAV blowing up in the future.

—-

Anyways congrats to “Papa Don’t Preach”, that’s a great music video.

Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Still 3k to get there. Time goes by so slowly...

Comment

Well she has 2 videos at 75 Million, GMAYL and Give It 2 Me. Both average about 12-19k views a day and then there is LAV at 74 million with an average of 38k a day.
                      Yes, Probably LAV will be the next one, followed by Frozen, that is still at 57.3M but daily has often more than 100k.
                      Moreover her channel is growing fast: almost +20k followers each week.

Comment

• She should add more videos to her channel to increase the total view counts. She also needs to stop practicing uploading popular videos, deleting them and then reposting them. This is so stupid, who is responsible for her social accounts?

Comment

• Her yearly YouTube total views:

Yearly views:
                          2011 ~440,000
                          2012 ~3,200,000
                          2013 ~3,200,000
                          2014 ~6,000,000
                          2015 ~10,500,000
                          2016 ~13,900,000
                          2017 ~16,300,000
                          2018 ~15,600,000
                          2019 ~23,000,000
                          2020 ~8,100,000

Comment

Comment

• This is her 7th video that has achieved this milestone.

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
                                This is her 7th video that has achieved this milestone.
                                8th if we count that duplicate

Comment

• Mariah has 14
                                  Whitney has 7
                                  Janet has 1

Interesting

Comment

Janet has 1
                                    Let's be honest, if that wasn't with Michael...

Comment

• Which is (are) the next one(s) close to achieving the 100 M milestone on YouTube btw?
                                      “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                                        Which is (are) the next one(s) close to achieving the 100 M milestone on YouTube btw?
                                        You got it on the previous page:

Originally posted by music126 View Post

But with the current pace it ain't even worth mentioning as it will take half a decade at least.

Comment

• about her deleted videos, how many views did she have for each one before they deleted those? I assume she must have had more 100M vids if they hadn't deleted some

Comment

• I have her youtube numbers from last year's June 30th and by then there were 34 more music videos than today. See, now I use the Kworb tool (last year I checked the the numbers on youtube, one by one), so there are the possibility of some video not appearing there.

Anyway, these 34 videos together represented a little bit more than 37 million views. So not 100 million views.

But it's fair to point that some people claim that her team deleted a 4 minutes video with 80/90 million views around 2009, reuploading it later (both version available today were uploaded on October 26th, 2009 - so it is possible). I can't say this is true because I didn't follow this youtube thing around that time.

Congratulations to Papa Don't Preach, btw

Comment

• You are correct about the 4 mins video. What was she thinking?

Comment

• It will take "Frozen" 1 1/2 years and "Like a virgin" exactly 2 years to achieve the 100 million mark.

Comment

• I'm surprised "Like a Virgin" is not that popular on YouTube. Suddenly "Papa don't preach" and "Material girl" are bigger. I always thought LAV was by far Madonna's best-known song, and along with MJ's "Thriller", one of THE defining songs of the 80s. Strange.
                                                  “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Anyone Remember there was a fan account called QueenMadonnaHD.
                                                    Since A Lot of vids were blocked in some countries before 2017.
                                                    WBM delected the channel and all the vids there. La Isla Bonita once had nearly 80 million views on that channel in 2017

https://tz.youtubers.me/queenmadonna...tuber-stats/en
                                                    Last edited by britneyliam; Fri April 10th, 2020, 14:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                                                    I'm surprised "Like a Virgin" is not that popular on YouTube. Suddenly "Papa don't preach" and "Material girl" are bigger. I always thought LAV was by far Madonna's best-known song, and along with MJ's "Thriller", one of THE defining songs of the 80s. Strange.
                                                    Well, “Like A Virgin” is more popular than “Papa Don’t Preach” on Spotify.

About Youtube, maybe it doesn’t have to do with the song itself ...... PDP and MG both have more charismatic and elaborate music videos while LAV has a more simple video with perhaps less replay value than the other two.
                                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• ^And LAV is so over-played on 80s radio stations that people do not need to search it out?

I rarely hear PDP. I hear WTG more.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                                        ^And LAV is so over-played on 80s radio stations that people do not need to search it out?

I rarely hear PDP. I hear WTG more.
                                                        I would agree with this more. The LAV video is iconic mid 80s Madonna. The vintage 80s clothes, the wedding dress, the make-up...

I hear LAV, True Blue and Into the Groove on the radio a lot.

Comment

• What surprises me the most is that the Music MV is kind of forgotten...Music was a HUGE hit with a great MV, I dont understand why it gets so little views

Comment

• Originally posted by browlowkid View Post
                                                            What surprises me the most is that the Music MV is kind of forgotten...Music was a HUGE hit with a great MV, I dont understand why it gets so little views
                                                            Well one when you search "Music Madonna" all her music comes up. Second, there is a lot of talking and interruptions in the mv. People today just want short music videos without intros and interludes. Also I just think there were so many songs by teen artists in the early 2000s that Music just got pushed to the side.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X